• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Top 10 Favorite Pokemon Generation 1?

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2015
    What is everyone's top 10 favorite Pokemon from generation 1? Mine are below and I say why so.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Top 10 Gen 1 Pokemon?

1. Flareon- It's so fluffy and adorable :D
    2. Slowbro- I love Slowpoke and Slowbro is it + a cool shell tail
    3. Nidoking- It's just so awesome looking
    4. Nidoqueen- This one can be switched around with Nidoking as I love them both.
    5. Rhydon- It's pretty awesome looking and was a huge help in my FireRed run.
    6. Arcanine- IT'S A GIANT FIRE DOGGY!
    7. Bulbasaur- It was my first Pokemon ever so it holds a special spot
    8. Articuno- It was my first legendary that I caught and it's so pretty!
    9. Jolteon- Another Eeveelution that just looks awesome
    10. Electabuzz- This one took me until gen 2 to like since it got a baby Pokemon and is actually pretty awesome.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Charizard
    Nidoking
    Primeape
    Golbat
    Warturtle
    Ivysaur
    Vaporeon
    Gengar
    Articuno
    Arcainine

Main reasons are because I used them for my main teams for generation 1

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Fearow, Clefable, Bellsprout, Dodrio, Hypno, Jynx, Staryu, Venomoth, Parasect, Vileplume

I love to use them and I love the way they look. I feel extra nostalgic when I use them compared to some other gen I Pokemon.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
    1. Charizard- my favorite pokemon of all time soooo. I love dragons/dinosaurs so it's only natural.
    2. Arcanine- big fluffy lion dog that can breathe fire
    3. Jolteon- cute little bobcat thing that's super fast and hits hard. Has always been a member on my team since I first tested him out.
    4. Ponyta- I love horses so this is a given
    5. Pidgeotto- loved it in the anime and I like the natural design.
    6. Nidoking- looks cool and really works well with my team in games
    7. Ninetales- cute and fluffy kitsune
    8. Tauros- It's a neat looking bull = steaks.
    9. Mewtwo- thought he was awesome in the 1st movie
    10. Mew- cute and I call my cat by its call. Fair enough to say she's a favorite.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2016
    In no particular order:
    Arcanine
    Gyarados
    Aerodactyl
    Magmar
    Rhydon
    Flareon
    Raichu
    Electrode
    Dragonite
    Pinsir

Years
    1. Ponyta/Rapidash
    2. Lapras
    3. Pikachu/Raichu
    4. Growlithe/Arcanine
    5. Vulpix/Ninetales
    6. Eevee/Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon
    7. Oddish/Vileplume
    8. Meowth/Persian
    9. Jynx
    10. Clefairy/Clefable

Honorable Mentions:
    Horsea/Seadra
    Nidoran/Nidorina/Nidoqueen
    Cubone/Marowak
    Scyther
    Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree
    Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    Mine? In no specific order...
    1. Weedle
    2. Vaperon
    3. Charizard
    4. Pidgiot
    5. Zubat
    6. Mewtwo
    7.Pikachu
    8.Haunter
    9.Gengar
    10.Alakzam

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    Myself:
    in order too!

• 01 - Persian - it's also my favorite feline in the entire Pokemon World, for 5 generations (1st to 5th) was my #1 favorite Pokemon, loved it since the first time I saw it in the anime. It's so cute!! It's now my 6th favorite Pokemon.

• 02 - Ninetales - I just started loving foxes at the start of the 6th generation! so I love this Pokemon, love it's beautiful design and voice in XY/ORAS - 10th favorite Pokemon at the moment

• 03 - Vulpix - again, love foxes a lot!! so cute especially with 5 heart affection Amie. 11th favorite Pokemon

• 04 - Flareon - again with the Fox pattern being high favorites of mine, looks so fluffy and super cute!! 14th favorite Pokemon at the moment

• 05 - Vaporeon - love the Eeveelutions, most of them are slightly based on foxes and cats, is the main reason they are super high in my favorites list - 18th favorite of mine

• 06 - Eevee - it's so cute, my heart melts every time I see it, play with one in Amie, or is part of my teams, 21st favorite Pokemon

• 07 - Jolteon - awesome design, part fox as most Eeveelutions! it's so cute, can't find other words to describe them - 22nd favorite

• 08 - Mew - favorite legendary as well, even if many fans disagree, I love it's cute cat design! seeing it move in the anime reminds me a lot of when my own cats play or greet each other - 25th favorite Pokemon

• 09 - Meowth - not the one from TRio he's evil and mean, I like the others who are more friendly and want to have fun, again they remind me of the way my own cats want attention, petting, or food, they do -I know it's starting to sound like a broken record- that super cute look - 35th favorite Pokemon

• 10 - Mewtwo - love it's feline appearance, I love it more without it's mega forms (don't resemble felines at all) -broken record time again- looks super cute!! - 58th favorite Pokemon

^
    pretty much felines and foxes made up the entire list - first none feline/fox would be Rattata as my 79th favorite Pokemon

Years
    This is just a warning- anything other than my #1 Pokemon is pretty much interchangeable, since there are a lot of Kanto Pokemon that I like, but none really more than the others. Also, I'm going from 10-1, since I like to be different.

10. - Starmie. I've really never used Starmie as much as I'd like to, as I've generally got a good Water Pokemon by the time they're accessible.
    9. - Lapras. Rarely have I ever used a Lapras in the games, but it was the TCG and anime that put it high on my list.
    8. - Arcanine. As explained later, Arcanine could be as high as #2 on this list, but right now it settles in here.
    7. - Articuno. Only behind Rayquaza in my list of favorite legendaries, I've always loved Articuno since the discovery ofthe Mind Reader + Sheer Cold combo.
    6. - Golduck. To be honest, I never used Golduck in the early games- only using one temporarily in FR, until having one on my team full time in HG.
    5. - Gengar. The original Ghost Pokemon has always been high on my list, even if it took me years to get one through legit means.
    4. - Blastoise. While Charizard and Venusaur are good, Blastoise has always been my favorite of the Kanto starters, and is probably in my top 3 of all available starter Pokemon to date.
    3. - Pidgeot. I don't use it as much any more, but the Pidgeot family was a staple in my Pokemon games for the first 4 generations, whenever they were available.
    2. - Ninetales. I've always liked Ninetales, but I've got a love/hate relationship with it, since I flip-flop on whether I like it or Arcanine more. 80% of the time though, this spot goes to Ninetales.
    1. - Butterfree. Not only my favorite Kanto Pokemon, but my favorite overall. It's also the only Pokemon that's held importance to me in the anime, TCG, and games, which is why it's at the top of my list.

Honorable mentions go to Clefable, Marowak, Hitmonchan, and Chansey, who could all crack my top 10 depending on my mood at the time.

Years
    Subscribed ^-^
    Here is my top 10:

1. Eevee / Flareon / Vaporeon / Jolteon
    2. Vulpix / Ninetales
    3. Dratini / Dragonair / Dragonite
    4. Bulbasaur / Ivysaur / Venusaur
    5. Meowth / Persian
    6. Nidoran / Nidorina / Nidoqueen
    7. Clefairy / Clefable
    8. Mew
    9. Venonat / Venomoth
    10. Oddish / Gloom / Vileplume

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
    It was very hard for my to decide my Top 10 favorites, but this is what I came up with and in no particular order.

1. Jigglypuff
    2. Clefairy
    3. Ninetails
    4. Arcanine
    5. Alakazam
    6. Gengar
    7. Hitmonlee
    8. Machoke
    9. Charizard or Bulbasaur - I can't decide which one.
    10. Ditto

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    1. Marowak
    2. Sandslash
    3. Alakazam
    4. Articuno
    5. Golem
    6. Parasect
    7. Haunter
    8. Hitmonlee
    9. Rhydon
    10. Dewgong

Marowak is one of my favorite pokemon ever, and Sandslash is an awesome one too. I think Haunter is a way cooler design than Gengar, although I like him too.

blue

gucci
    Years
    A lot of my favourites are generally from later generations, partially 3rd & 4th. If I had to pick a top 10 from Gen I they would probably be:

1) Parasect
    2) Starmie
    3) Gengar
    4) Pidgeot
    5) Rapidash
    6) Dodrio
    7) Ninetales
    8) Fearow
    9) Electrode
    10) Lapras

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    First up, are Vulpix and Ninetales, which are respectively one and two.

Vulpix is super adorable in my eyes, which is one of my major reasons behind its fondness. On top of this, it directly leads to Ninetales on evolutionary chain; Ninetales's got a very elegant appearance, and while battling, it always seems to perform nicely.

Third favorite I'd say would be Pikachu, mostly due to how much it's been promoted in anime (or franchise as a whole), and how familiar I am with it. As for others, they're Charizard, Blastoise, Gyarados, Arcanine, Zapdos, Gengar, and Dragonite.

faf

Queen of Dragons
    Years
    Not a huge fan of Gen 1 mons but:
    1. Arcanine
    2. Aerodactyl
    3. Articuno
    4. Zapdos
    5. Moltres
    6. Scyther
    7. Fearow (rip Shinerow)
    8. Kangashkan
    9. Weezing
    10. Arbok

Years
    Hmm do I even have 10 from the first gen that I like...

Nidoran-f
    Nidoran-m
    Cubone
    Marowak
    Ivysaur
    Farfetch'd
    Porygon
    Kangaskhan
    Butterfree
    Jolteon

No particular order, although I will say that the first part of the list is definitely pokemon I've liked before (and still like), while the rest of them are just the ones I like best of the rest of the gen 1 monsters.

Although both the nidorans are placed up top for a very good reason: just because of their design, they're definitely two of my top favorites from that gen. Might not ever use them in a playthrough (I think I might have like...once, or rather their evolved forms), but I love them. They're cute.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I can't decide on an order, but these might be the 10 'mons I care for the most from original Kanto :)

Bulbasaur
    Charmeleon
    Pidgeot
    Nidoking
    Golbat
    Golduck
    Rapidash
    Gengar
    Gyarados
    Staryu
    Dragonair

Oops, that's eleven. I really can't unchoose one, and I kinda want to add Magmar also. And Poliwhirl. And Marowak. There are so many great Kanto pokémon.

Back