• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Totally "out" of gaming?

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Well, not totally. I still play Pokemon.

Anyone else ever have this problem? I thought it was just a phase but it's been a year and a half and I still just don't have any urge to game with the exception of Pokemon. I don't see myself buying any game in the future that isn't Pokemon Omega or Alpha.

Nowadays I would rather read something interesting, watch something good, or spend time outside. I still play Pokemon because I can never not play that game. It's a source of great comfort, which is odd, but true.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Truth be told I don't have much time to play games anymore. If I'm not studying, eating or sleeping, I'm either watching TV or out with friends in the little spare time I have.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I try to get back into gaming, but I'm still stuck in the classics. I just prefer having a corded controller and playing 64-bit games. I'm also a big classic Mario fan, so I find myself playing a lot of old Mario games every now and then. Eventually I'll adjust to the new generation of gaming, and obsess with the current games. They all seem fun. :D

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I have internal struggles daily to decide if i should watch tv all day or play video games all day. The only games ive been playing lately are year of gaming and my vita, even though about two months ago i bought three months of live and iv played online a handful of times since then.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I have dry spells where I just can't motivate myself to game. I actually was in one for awhile before moving home and couldn't bring myself to finish or play a single game. I get like that when I finish a particularly great game and find I don't want to replace it or move on. Sometimes it's just because I am too lazy or tired or bored of it all. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I was out of gaming plenty of times before, but in most cases, none were intentional; rather, they were all forced. One reason would be having no wi-fi connection, which is what I'm facing right now. For some reason, something happened to my router, and due to that, I cannot go online at all, which is what I usually do when playing games. Since a lot of my video games are finished story-wise, I had nothing to do afterwords, and without being able to access Internet in my consoles, I just had to let them laying around without being touched. Alongside, another would be studying; when finals come up, I always feel that it's mandatory for me to put all (well, at least most) entertainment things aside and try focusing.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Hm. Interesting. And by no means is this gaming dry spell intentional. I just woke up one day and found I didn't care for gaming anymore, as silly and absurd as that sounds. Really all I can play for more than a few minutes without getting bored IS Pokemon (though XY file got corrupted just recently and I'm forced to start over - and I'm dreading that!) and when the mood strikes me, The Sims. Other than that I feel like it's just a waste of time :(

Yukari

Sometimes I can't motivate myself to play a video game, but that isn't too ofter.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2020
    I know it may seem annoying that this is happening, but it still might be a phase. It could take years for you to want to play other games, but then it will be for mainly nostalgia by then. I have almost the exact same problem, but truth be told it is good. Would you not rather be outside working out or playing sports. Also, you could be socializing with friends. If at home hone skills in something else - for example I recently got into cooking so I am not bored. You are bored of games because you played them for too long. Everything in moderation makes it better. Ex. if you enjoy chocolate, but you eat chocolate everyday the taste will get sickening. Just like video games! Hope this helped

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I can never get myself into playing a video game even when I still have plenty of games I have yet to finish. However once I already have the game inside and I start playing, I can never put it down until my hands get cramped up lol.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I actually consider myself out of gaming for the time being, namely because I do most of my gaming at night & right now, I'm living with a bunch of people that wake up at even the slightest sound.

So, the only things that I'm playing are Doom mods & MechWarrior Online. However, once I'm back in my hometown, I'll be seeing a huge surge of gaming again.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
  • Usually when I get a new game, I'm super into it for a while, & then I get tired of playing it. I'll come back to it, of course, but I just stop playing for a while.

I was a bit out of gaming for a little while in high school, but now that I have a bit more free time on my hands, I have more time for games & whatnot. :)

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I don't game much (except for pokemon), but only because I don,t have the money for new games :P
    But I still play with my old games, like this week I played Pokemon Snap on my N64.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Not completely, but I do kind of feel out of gaming now, as I find myself playing a lot of shorter, casual games more than "real" games lately, for lack of a better word.

Years
  • I used to be quite a gamer when I was younger, but I think my brother has now taken that trait from me. I still play Pokemon games though so yeah I'm not completely out of gaming yet, but that's because Pokemon is a franchise I enjoy.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I would like to still be into playing video games, if it weren't for the limited amount of titles and consoles I have. :<

You don't know how much I want to try out Smash Bros. :<

Also, my laptop isn't good for video games and I don't feel right to snatch my brother's. :<

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I tend to avoid gaming if I'm not feeling very well emotions wise and the bulk of the newer titles that I see nowadays just flat out disappoint me at best.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • I tend to have phases in which I will play one game 'religiously' (when I'm not at my 40 hour job/doing other things), which isn't much time but it's something. Otherwise, I'm more devoted to a more diverse set of games. Unfortunately, for the most part all the games I've been attached to are all old, and they've been played to the point where I ran out of replay value. I'll get half a dozen games a year, and only three or so end up seeming appealing to me.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Well, not totally. I still play Pokemon.

Anyone else ever have this problem? I thought it was just a phase but it's been a year and a half and I still just don't have any urge to game with the exception of Pokemon. I don't see myself buying any game in the future that isn't Pokemon Omega or Alpha.

Nowadays I would rather read something interesting, watch something good, or spend time outside. I still play Pokemon because I can never not play that game. It's a source of great comfort, which is odd, but true.

This is actually the problem I wish to have. I have some unique reliance on games to get me through the day. I've actually have been trying to break this cycle by reading more often, finding a healthier hobby, and exercise. Don't ever feel bad that you're not that into gaming, feel bad if you rely on it. I feel bad most of the time.

Back