• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Toughest Hoenn Gym Leader?

Most difficult Hoenn Leader?

• Roxanne

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Brawly

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Wattson

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • Flannery

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Norman

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • Winona

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Liza & Tate

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Wallace

Votes: 11 13.3%

• Total voters

FroakieFTW

Ribbit!
Years
  • tbh I was over-leveled throughout this game, I only occasionally used the EXP share too. None of them were that hard at all, probably because of my levels. I guess Slaking was a pain to take down so I'll go with Norman. Not to mention that trainer with the Skitty who spams Attract, Charm and Sing ;P

Years
  • Wattson was almost impossible since almost all my Pokemon were Flying-type, and the other one was (then) Gulpin (who couldn't hurt the Magneton worth a damn). I couldn't get anywhere until I evolved my freaking Mudkip.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2015
    I keep exp share on all the time when playing the main story, so... Yeah, overlevelled is a word. Although, I was lacking in water coverage, so Wallace made things more difficult.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • It was Norman for me.
    Its normal types that give a lot of people a problem because you do need a fighting type and i didnt have my Gallade at the time so it was kinda difficult mainly with those slaking if they were a couple levels higher it might have been crazy for me luckily Beautifly did a good job upping its stats but im just glad i didnt lose to him though haha.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • Liza and Tate were always the hardest gym leaders to me. Obviously, in ORAS, no gym leader was really hard, but when I used to play sapphire as a kid, they were so difficult, and I think it took me about eight or nine times to finally defeat them. I didn't one single bit about double battles. Annoying twins being annoying.

The most frustrating attack though, must've been the Calm mind. The maximise it, and I technically had no escape at all. I tried using all the pokemon I caught, but still no result. I finally managed to do it, after a long time of training and working hard. I think I made my pokemon five levels higher just to beat them.

minecraftprosick

Pika Pi!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    Toughest Hoenn Gym Leader?

Which Gym Leader (if any) in Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire gave you the most difficult time and why?

Wallace because he had killer pokemon. But his stance is super cool.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    There wasn't one. But to be fair, my party was EV trained from the Kalos games. So yeah.

The closest one, I would have to say Norman. His Slaking are still tough as hell.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • I was legitimately disappointed that Liza and Tate, the only doubles format leaders, only had 1 pokemon a piece. :L The battle was over so quick; it was a let down. On the opposite end of the difficulty spectrum though; Wallace just seemed like he had a better AI to me.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Like all Normal gym leaders, Norman is the hardest of the region. I was lacking a Fighting type in my team, and his Slaking was stalling me to no end.

SiriusAlpha

One and only
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    It was Roxanne because I underestimated her and her Nosepass had really good defense. In addition to that, my typings were almost all bad against her, Skitty, Nincada, Torchic and Lombre were my team.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • It's actually a tie between Wallace and Norman. Norman's pokemon are a real pain in the ass at times, even with a fighting type to boot him. However, Wallace I find challenging because of his gym puzzle, not because of his pokemon team. I mean, did they really have to make it that hard for people? Couldn't they have just revamped it and made it somewhat easier? :( Not everyone who plays pokemon is learning-abled.

Years
  • Honestly they made gym leaders way too easy and the exp share way to overpowered. None of them were difficult even if you had an overall type disadvantage.

BumpsnStumps

A Lonely Stump
    Years
  • Norman hardly gave me any trouble, but more than the other gym leaders. It was his Slaking, with retaliate. Wallace was in my opinion the hardest. His Milotic with Ice Beam and Disarming Voice made it a challenge for my best Pokemon, Mega Sceptile. Also, it may have just been me, but I found the gym puzzle to be hard.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • In both the originals and the remakes, I found Winona awfully threatening.

That Altaria of hers is simply a nightmare, especially in the originals.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Honestly, it really depends on what game you're playing, but in ORAS, I think Norman's pretty difficult. Sure, I cheaped him out using an Aron with Protect, but I can imagine him being pretty hard without it.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I remember having to fight Norman twice because I saved at an awkward place and my 3DS died just after beating him, but I don't think I had any big issues. If anything, the difficulties swapped - I had less trouble with Brawly, Wattson, Norman, and Tate & Liza this time and more with the easier ones like Wattson and Flannery... but they still weren't very difficult to best.

Back