• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trying new foods

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    How often do you try new foods, or at least new restaurants? Are you reluctant when it comes to trying new things or do you typically stick to your usual?

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I generally like to try something at least once before I discount myself as not liking it. And if its been a while I might try something again, our sense of taste tends to change. For instance, I used to hate fish with a passion. I recently had the fish and chips at a restaurant I used to work at and they were pretty damn delicious. Haven't tried fish since that but I went from "it's disgusting I'll never eat it" to "I can try that again."

On the other hand, if I am at a restaurant that I've been to before I tend to get the same thing a lot because I know it is good and might be disappointed when I try something new. I worked at a restaurant that had over 50 burgers on their menu in addition to hot sandwiches. While I loved mostly everything on the menu(and I tried essentially all of it due to my free meal daily) I had favorites that I ordered more often than not, even to the point where I would pick them over something I didn't eat yet because I didn't want to get my free meal and have it be something I didn't like.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • I love trying new food it's one of my favourite things in the world. I'm a huge sauce man so trying new sauces is what happens most often for me.

Years
  • There's certain things I can't and don't eat so it limits my options a lot of the time. Unless I find one of those magical restaurants where everything is okay I usually stick to the things I know are safe for me.

I'm also pretty cheap so I usually don't stray from the cheaper side of the menu.

Years
  • I'll try anything once.

Usually it turns out okay.
    Only once or twice has it turned out badly (finally tried out liver at a buffet once, never again oh boy).

I am interested in new flavors, give them to me. :D

Although I do tend to stick to my usual things most of the time, but that's because if I go out to eat at certain places, then I've probably already made up my mind as to what I want, and not much can change it by then.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I rarely try something and I'm also a rash and extremely picky when choosing what to eat. but after acquiring the taste I will try new things

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Working within my limitations aside, I'll try anything as long as it sounds good.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • Like colours, I too am an extremely picky eater. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't grown out of it at all and it bothers me quite a bit since it also seems to affect my nutrition. In the occasional mindset that I'll try new foods, I immediately spit food out because it's so unfamiliar, regardless of how delicious it might be. Sure I can force myself to eat and swallow unfamiliar food, but there's no guarantee that I can fill at least half my stomach.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Trying out new things to eat is part of living a good life tbh haha. I'll taste most things at least once, yeah, and there are actually few things I can say I want to avoid eating. Like oysters and indian spices. But I'll try most dishes gladly and really enjoy trying out new restaurants, especially in my own town.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Like the other extremely picky eaters in this thread, I too rarely rarely try new things. It's not the fear of not liking something that bothers me, it's the fear of being judged if I don't like something.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    i'll usually try new food from a place i've been too A LOT

i've eaten at taco bell for 15 years and i just started eating different things other than a chicken quesadilla like 3 years ago

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I live to try new food! I love trying new restaurants, new food, new recipes, etc.
    When I travel (not often) I want to try new food! Food is life, food is love <3

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Like the other extremely picky eaters in this thread, I too rarely rarely try new things. It's not the fear of not liking something that bothers me, it's the fear of being judged if I don't like something.
    While I understand your fears, I think you'll get a lot less judged by saying you don't like something, instead of not even trying it. There's no shame in not liking anything, is there?

Anyways, I love trying out new stuff! Not specifically when going to restaurants, but I like to bring home something unusual to cook too. Sure, there are a few ingredients I don't like and probably avoid in supermarkets/restaurants. I will, however, try it when someone makes it and offer me a taste.

Years
  • I'm broke. So eating out doesn't happen often, and when it does, I want to be guaranteed to be satisfied. So I get the same thing as before. Hopefully this will change!

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
    Years
  • I like to try new things all the time. There are very few things I won't try and it's usually because of an ingredient that I know I don't like or doesn't sit well with me.

TOM The Amazing Tyranitar

"I am the mighty Tyranitar"
    Years
  • Well, that depends on how far I travel in my area. However, since I like the same stuff almost everytime, I barely taste new food. Though, I tasted a new fruit called a Starfruit.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • It depends. I usually stick to things for a long while, but then I start to change them. Like at Subway, I usually order what I'm used to. There are times when I'll change what I want though, but it depends on my mood.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2017
    I'm really NOT picky, while my whole family is which makes it difficult to please them when I cook sometimes... I try something new more often than I realize, because I cook alot and I'm always experimenting with different recipes, ingredients and such. :)

Back