• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tug o' War 6 - Console Gaming (+1) vs PC gaming (-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

7Rft7iG.png
    tug of war game PNG Designed By 588ku from [url]https://pngtree.com/freepng/childrens-day-tug-of-war-silhouette-children-silhouettes-childrens-tug-of-war-game_3855731.html[/url][/SIZE]

Welcome to the Forum Games Tug o' War thread!

What is going on here?
    Since the Gender Race has been retired to further our goal of inclusion, we would like to present to you our brand new Tug o' War game!

Awesome! But erm... what is it?
    It works much the same as before, but rather than having a game involving binary identity where not everyone may be able to participate, we will pick a (friendly!) subject to race / battle and you will post for the side you want to win!

You simply join whichever team you like, and you can even change sides if you find your opinion has swayed during the game, but please try to keep any switching for genuine changes of heart.

The subject for the next game will be voted on by YOU, and you will also be able to suggest new topics to vote on as well, so it's fully interactive!

I wanna vote!
    This is going to be the last one for a while. We may bring back this format at some point, though!

Let's play! Gimme the rules!
    Both sides of the battle will be assigned a role - up or down. If you want team UP to win, then you will simply ADD one to the number from the post above you. If you want team DOWN to win, then you SUBTRACT one instead!

We will start at 100. If team UP reaches 200, they win! If team DOWN reaches 0, they win!

We'll leave the thread open until either one party wins or the thread goes stale. There's no fixed end date.

Remember to stick to the Forum Rules and try to keep the conversation flowing. You can talk about anything, such as the current battle subject, or even just daily chit-chat!

Round 1 witnessed Cats secure victory over Dogs!
    Round 2 see the Anti-Pineapple-ists barely secure the victory!
    Round 3 tea definitely didn't crush coffee in this one; nope, definitely not! :P
    Round 4 The Legend of Zelda one this one over the Super Mario franchise
    Round 5 Cake ended up being more popular than Pie

The subject for this round is:

Console Gaming vs PC gaming
    Console Gaming (UP)
    vs.
    PC gaming (DOWN)

Let's begin!

Years

Team PC! Computers may be more expensive to set up compared to consoles but they're also a lot more versatile; you can play games, go online, watch TV, check your email, work and all sorts of things on a computer. Meanwhile consoles mostly just play video games.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

Console Games are usually optimized for consoles and their PC version often times inferior because of that. :P

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

You also kinda need Windows if you want to play most games. And if you want to emulate some of the, for example, Nintendo games, or even older Playstation games (PS2+) you also need to make sure your PC is up for that. And that can get expensive.

Years

it depends. You can find old office PCs and laptops for around ~$100 that can run lighter/indie games. I'll concede that building a PC that could, for example, run PS5 games would cost more then a PS5 though.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

Reminds me that the market for graphics cards was heavily inflated, especially during the crypto craze. I think it's still very high? At least with consoles you know what you're getting.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now

Holds no strong opinion on this. Sided with PC for being better suited to all games. Designed some, like CRPGs, with a mouse in mind. Does not translate super well for consoles. Appreciates some mods that only happen on PC too. Mentions Civilization 6 as one. Grew accustomed to seeing the actual output of policy cards. Weighs decisions better without the guesswork.

Sees a side for Console Gaming too. Slightly prefers a controller. Imagines Smash Brothers being weird on a keyboard. Never needs to worry about the game running either. (Hits some weird cases on that, however. Heard about Rune Factory 5 running better on PC than Switch, despite coming out for Switch first. Probably depends on your computer, though.)

Years

I've yet to post in this as I don't really have a preference between the two as both scratch different needs for me.

PC has better customization imo and I wouldn't want to play something like The Witcher or Elder Scrolls on console. I've played games on PC since I was a child and usually prefer keyboard and mouse over a controller.

Consoles tend to be better if you just want to plug and play. Wouldn't want to play something like Pokemon, Zelda or Mario on PC. I've also played on consoles since I was a kid...

Edging this over to console simply because of my current gaming habits. My laptop is too old to still run demanding games and I've been gaming pretty much solely on the switch last several years.
    Which will probably change again when I get a new laptop somewhere next year though.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

None of my 3DS devices work anymore due to the battery dying. :(

Years

My 3DS still works, but the rubber thingy on the stick keeps coming off. Pretty minor issue I guess.

My fondest memories of consoles are probably from the N64.
    DK64. Mario 64. Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Need I say more? =P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back