• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tug o' War 4 - Mario (+1) vs Zelda (-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

7Rft7iG.png
    tug of war game PNG Designed By 588ku from [url]https://pngtree.com/freepng/childrens-day-tug-of-war-silhouette-children-silhouettes-childrens-tug-of-war-game_3855731.html[/url][/SIZE]

Welcome to the Forum Games Tug o' War thread!

What is going on here?
    Since the Gender Race has been retired to further our goal of inclusion, we would like to present to you our brand new Tug o' War game!

Awesome! But erm... what is it?
    It works much the same as before, but rather than having a game involving binary identity where not everyone may be able to participate, we will pick a (friendly!) subject to race / battle and you will post for the side you want to win!

You simply join whichever team you like, and you can even change sides if you find your opinion has swayed during the game, but please try to keep any switching for genuine changes of heart.

The subject for the next game will be voted on by YOU, and you will also be able to suggest new topics to vote on as well, so it's fully interactive!

I wanna vote!
    A separate thread for voting and suggestions can be found stickied here.

Let's play! Gimme the rules!
    Both sides of the battle will be assigned a role - up or down. If you want team UP to win, then you will simply ADD one to the number from the post above you. If you want team DOWN to win, then you SUBTRACT one instead!

We will start at 250. If team UP reaches 500, they win! If team DOWN reaches 0, they win!

To avoid a never-ending stalemate, each topic will run for around three months. If the game hasn't been won by that point, whichever side is leading wins! It could even be a tie! We will then move on to the next topic voted for by our members!

Remember to stick to the Forum Rules and try to keep the conversation flowing. You can talk about anything, such as the current battle subject, or even just daily chit-chat!

Round 1 witnessed Cats secure victory over Dogs!
    Round 2 see the Anti-Pineapple-ists barely secure the victory!
    Round 3 tea definitely didn't crush coffee in this one; nope, definitely not! :P

The subject for this round is:

Mario vs. Zelda
    Mario (UP)
    vs.
    Zelda (DOWN)

Scheduled end date: 2nd August 2023

Let's begin!

Years

Ehhh..... tough call to even decide what side I'm on.... I enjoy both franchises.

In terms of what type of game I play Zelda is closer to my current preferences.
    However, I've also not played any Zelda games recently, or on the Switch at all yet, whereas I do have a couple Mario games of which I did play one, albeit briefly because Shield kept me busy from then on xD
    I also played Mario far earlier than my first time playing Zelda so....

ugh...... I'll just pick Zelda for now.... I'm gonna keep back and forthing forever trying to make up my mind otherwise ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years

I feel just as Rekoil. I have played and enjoyed several Mario games, while less Zelda ones. I think Zelda games are more interesting, but I am still giving the point to Mario because it's iconic and it's always fun to play and replay most of the games.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years

I'm not a die-hard fan of either of them, nor do I dislike either of them in any real way. I probably wont be very active posting in this thread due to not really caring
    which of them wins or loses, heck, the only reason I'm even giving out a point is because I don't want to break the game rules.
    The factor that made me choose Mario here is that, while I've never played Odyssey, I feel like I'd enjoy that game marginally more than BotW, which I didn't really like at all. When it comes to these character's games, I'm just more of a fan of the classics I guess.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I've played more Mario than Zelda, I've only played one Zelda (on DS, I don't remember the title) and I tried BOTW for like 30 minutes before I wanted to break my friend's Switch because of the f***ing breakable weapons.
    And I LOVED Mario Kart.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

Obviously Mario is not as cute of a girl as Zelda! :3
    I fooled you all, muhahahaha! :D

Years

I'm still debating whether or not to get BOTW lol
    I loved the DS' Zelda games though.

This is honestly such a coin flip =\

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    oh easy! I never was much of a Mario fan, only ever played one GBA game and tried Odyssey. tbh I never played much Zelda either, just a little Minish Cap and tried out Ocarina of Time - but recently I got BotW and it is sooooooo much fun. I love it and live it. I'll get Tears of the Kingdom eventually too.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today

I've played a bunch of Zelda games. Favorites are still Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. I'm actually not a fan of BotW. I gave it a couple tries but never could get into it. I think the whole sandbox thing just doesn't work for me. I'd rather see some more substance instead; like proper dungeons, dungeon items that are fun to use and of course: unbreakable weapons.

Years

Giving a point to Zelda because I guess that overall it can be a little more complicated in terms of like story, dungeons ecc. compared to most Mario games. I don't mean difficulty, but complexity.

Years

I played Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass on the DS' way too much. I loved those game as a kid.
    Also played A Link Between Worlds on the 3DS, which was good too.
    I think I played a Zelda on the N64 too, but can't remember the name.

Years

i loved the whole concept of terminan counterparts in majora's mask...it's like they have completely different personalites from their hylian counterparts in oot

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

majora's mask was the one with the crashing moon, no? i feel like if i had played that as a kid it'd given me nightmares

Years

Based on screenshots the one I played on the N64 was likely Ocarina of Time.
    Honestly been so long that I don't remember all that much from it.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024

It's me VS the wolrd I think ^^"
    It's not that I hate Zelda, I just don't like it much? Haven't played it much either.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I played Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass on the DS' way too much. I loved those game as a kid.
    I'm not a huge fan of Phantom Hourglass. I got it one Christmas and was sitting there, playing it. Then I got to the point where you had to yell into the microphone to make stuff happen. I was too embarrassed to do so. So, I was stuck there for a while. xD

I also didn't like that you had to use the stylus to play the entire game. I played through it once and then later tried it again but just could not be bothered... <_<
    You're thinking of either Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. Both are incredible for *almost* completely different reasons lol.
    I played both OoT and MM on the 3DS. Though, I didn't get too far in MM. The reason for that was that they decided making Link move slower was a good idea. It frustrated me so much that I just gave up on it. <_<

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

i'd like to try more games. maybe i can find some old ones for my 3ds.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back