• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

u need 2 stop

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    When someone say something so incredibly stupid or ignorant, how do you respond after your moments of silent trying to make heads or tails of the ignant ass?

Years
    I have a few things.
    When they are talking my eyebrows rise and my eyes widen as if they're giving me the holy grail of information.
    Then when they're done talking I'll get excited and tell them to explain it to another person, and it's hilarious watching them realise you're messing with them when the other person just looks dumbfounded.
    After that I got back to explaining why they're wrong.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Who am I to decide upon what is stupid? I'm a little irked by anyone who says they dislike stupid people; it suggests to me that they may be rather judgemental over mere differences of opinion. So, what would I say?— "What makes you say that?" People will have a reason for feeling a certain way, saying or doing a certain thing. Every experience in their life has led up to the present moment, and depending on one's understanding of their own experience... you know, it's quite possible to lead a warped persecptive, ie. it's just as possible for me to do so, as it is for them. Ultimately, I would like to explain why they're wrong, if we've discerned that I'm not.

Last edited:

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I just pretend that I agree with them and try to get away as quickly as possible to avoid any further stupid conflict. Either that, or I'll pretend I didn't hear. Or perhaps I'll pretend there was something else distracting me and then use that to distract them and make them forget it ever happened. Any sort of avoidance method will do, really.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
    Who am I to decide upon what is stupid? I'm a little irked by anyone who says they dislike stupid people; it suggests to me that they may be rather judgemental over mere differences of opinion. So, what would I say?— "What makes you say that?" People will have a reason for feeling a certain way, saying or doing a certain thing. Every experience in their life has led up to the present moment, and depending on one's understanding of their own experience... you know, it's quite possible to lead a warped persecptive, ie. it's just as possible for me to do so, as it is for them. Ultimately, I would like to explain why they're wrong, if we've discerned that I'm not.

Except there are people in this world who are so irrationally arrogant they would rather stay ignorant than listening to logic and keeping an open mind.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Except there are people in this world who are so irrationally arrogant they would rather stay ignorant than listening to logic and keeping an open mind.
    Regardless, again, there will be some reason(s) for them being close-minded. That's unfortunate, but I'll have to leave them to it, as much as I can. Maybe I'd think of something in their particular case, but once I've said my part, what can I really do?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I just stare at them in silence until they realize how stupid they are. Sometimes I stare for a long time. If they start ignoring me I slap them and get in their face and stare harder. Staring and silence are much stronger than words.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    I try to switch topic as quickly as possible, or I might just walk away.
    Or if I'm in a bad mood, I'll tell them to shut up and go away.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2014
    After that big heavy "dafaq I just heard" deep breathing moment, I explain why they are so stupid. And if it's just too stupid, I leave them be.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    1.) Assess situation
    2.) Cry at the fact that those words just came from his/her mouth
    3.) Grab him/her by the shoulders
    4.) Look deep into his/her eyes
    5.) Ram forehead into his/her nose
    6.) Drag unconscious body to nearest closet/locker/storage room.
    7.) Leave body duct-taped to floor with mouth duct-taped as well
    8.) Leave the scene of the crime.
    9.) Cry more about the ignorant words that were uttered.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I'll ask them to repeat themselves to make sure I heard everything right. If I heard everything the first time correctly, it depends on what they said. If it's an incorrect fact, I'll correct them on it. If it's an opinion, I would use science or something to explain why their opinion would be considered a bit crazy.

And then there was the guy who mistook my french horn case for a chair...

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I try to be patient and convince them that they're wrong, or at least convince them to concede partially on the parts that I really disagree with. If I couldn't, then I'd probably just cut out of the discussion. I wouldn't insult someone face-to-face, and I probably wouldn't do it online in most contexts.

Back