• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen U.S. Hoopa Event - McDonalds? Sounds like a lot of Hoopa!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I don't even like McDonalds, prefer other better hamburger places.
I will go on my birthday to grab 2 Hoopa for my Pokedex.
As long as I'm there, I'll probably just grab a diet coke.

Since my birthday will be on Dec 13, so halfway through the event.

shhimsleepin

DreamEater
Years

I dont like McDonalds either, although the one we have here their milkshakes are really, really great. As far as eating there no thanks. NY has better places to eat like a locally owned steak house. BEST CHEESECAKE im telling you.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I dont like McDonalds either, although the one we have here their milkshakes are really, really great. As far as eating there no thanks. NY has better places to eat like a locally owned steak house. BEST CHEESECAKE im telling you.
I live in the opposite coast of NY never been there.
My favorite McDonald's item was taken away, the Chicken Select - I loved it with blue cheese salad dressing.
Still, just going for the event

shhimsleepin

DreamEater
Years
I live in the opposite coast of NY never been there.
My favorite McDonald's item was taken away, the Chicken Select - I loved it with blue cheese salad dressing.
Still, just going for the event

Haha, I'm an upstate New Yorker, bud. We do things differently than the city. But all in all, not to derail the topic at hand I <3 NY. I loved the chicken select but sadly its gone. I'd rather go to my local gamestop or LevelUpVariety store than McDonalds. Oh well though MCD's it is.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Pretty excited for this. This must mean we get the Hoopa movie this month.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 17, 2018

My birthday is on the very same day! :D

McDonalds may not be the best place to host it, I agree. But you know corporate, they'll do it for the money.
I hear it's to promote the new ΩRαS toys. And as usual, cheap and plastic. I'd rather somewhere like Shake Shack. :|

Also so many new yorkers :)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Again, it's difficult to think of any other restaurant for the Pokemon Company to run this promotion at. Like with the Shake Shack, as Tkain suggested, the closest one to me is an hour away. Compare that to my closest McDonald's, which I can pop into after a short walk. I'm sure it's like that for other people all over the country. "Better" restaurants or more appropriate stores like GameStop aren't as common as McDonald's.

Even other fast food restaurants aren't as plentiful as McD's. Nor are any other fast food restaurants' kids meals as popular as a Happy Meal, and since TPC wants the best advertising, go with the most-known restaurant for the most exposure.

Still, as YellowTemperance and I have said, you don't need to give McD's a single penny of your money to download Hoopa. Just pop in, connect to the Mystery Gift, get Hoopa, and then leave.

I'm just happy my birthday falls in the middle of the promotion. I'll get myself the Lugia toy, a Hoopa, and a Fillet O' Fish.
emot-toot.gif

Years
Astinus has a logical explanation on why McDonald's was the best place to host this event. As we know, McDonald's has a huge business and is pretty much the giant of the fast food industry, plus we know that kids often come for Happy Meals and there have been several times Pokemon toys have been in the Happy Meals (although where I am, Happy Meals tend to have separate sets of toys, one for males and one for females, and Pokemon tends to be the male toys) and to have an event Pokemon distributed at the wi-fi spots in the restaurant, it would serve as a new incentive for kids to want to come.

And as Yellow said, you don't have to get any food if you want the Hoopa. Just connect to the wi-fi and download it, simple as that.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
Years
I'm in the States, so I'm pretty happy that I'll finally be able to get one. But in all honesty, it does suck that other countries won't get the opportunity. Only a relatively small amount are going to take advantage of this event, compared to Japan and maybe even other countries. I only say that because very, very few people near my location even play Pokemon, let alone go to an event for it. That could be a very different story in other parts of the U.S, though.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Question about this event coming out at McDonald's, will there be any pokemon toys coming out in the kid's meal there as well with this event release? I have been in my local one many times asking about this and not even the managers know about this for the 27th.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 17, 2018
Again, it's difficult to think of any other restaurant for the Pokemon Company to run this promotion at. Like with the Shake Shack, as Tkain suggested, the closest one to me is an hour away. Compare that to my closest McDonald's, which I can pop into after a short walk. I'm sure it's like that for other people all over the country. "Better" restaurants or more appropriate stores like GameStop aren't as common as McDonald's.

Even other fast food restaurants aren't as plentiful as McD's. Nor are any other fast food restaurants' kids meals as popular as a Happy Meal, and since TPC wants the best advertising, go with the most-known restaurant for the most exposure.

Still, as YellowTemperance and I have said, you don't need to give McD's a single penny of your money to download Hoopa. Just pop in, connect to the Mystery Gift, get Hoopa, and then leave.

I'm just happy my birthday falls in the middle of the promotion. I'll get myself the Lugia toy, a Hoopa, and a Fillet O' Fish.

I understand what you're saying, I was suggesting Shake Shack mainly because of its food-based appeal, but I agree McDonalds is much more well known and more kids would be willing, but it's either love or hate with the customers. And I must say the new toys have improved. I'm getting that Kyogre toy. And a free Hoopa to top it off really makes up for the place. :t382:

(Anyone else notice that certain locations are getting renovated? No more tile and lots of comfy seats.)

Question about this event coming out at McDonald's, will there be any pokemon toys coming out in the kid's meal there as well with this event release? I have been in my local one many times asking about this and not even the managers know about this for the 27th.

Wait seriously? The managers don't know? Crazy. There are some toys, yes; Pikachu, Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, Primal Rayquaza, Lugia, Hoopa, Mega Latias, and Wobbuffet.

Last edited:

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I understand what you're saying, I was suggesting Shake Shack mainly because of its food-based appeal, but I agree McDonalds is much more well known and more kids would be willing, but it's either love or hate with the customers. And I must say the new toys have improved. I'm getting that Kyogre toy. And a free Hoopa to top it off really makes up for the place. :t382:

(Anyone else notice that certain locations are getting renovated? No more tile and lots of comfy seats.)

Wait seriously? The managers don't know? Crazy. There are some toys, yes; Pikachu, Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, Primal Rayquaza, Lugia, Hoopa, Mega Latias, and Wobbuffet.

No I stop there every day and did go in and ask and they didn't know, I asked about what toys were coming out after the ones they have now and they didn't know that either.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
Years
I have never done never done an event like this at a public place before. So do I go up to the counter and ask for the code, or do I connect to wifi from there?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I have never done never done an event like this at a public place before. So do I go up to the counter and ask for the code, or do I connect to wifi from there?

You just use the Wi-Fi there and receive it through Mystery Gift :) Pretty sure this is the first time they've done an event like this (through Nintendo Zone) in the States, so we're all a bit new to this haha

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 26, 2016
Awesome, I'm going to have to take my brother so we can get our Hoopas! To be entirely honest, I have never gotten an event Pokemon that required me to leave my home. But I'm finally going to get one, cause I don't have a Hoopa yet. Also, excuse to get french fries.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I have only been to GS to get events outside of my house, but for me that will be alot of trips there to get all of those toys coming out with this event :laugh:

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
Years
This would be my first event pokemon so i am especially excited for this :)

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
Years
I remember having to go to Game Stop every time there was an event for the Gen 4 games. It was both cool and annoying. But, why Mcdonald's? XD

Back