• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen U.S. Hoopa Event - McDonalds? Sounds like a lot of Hoopa!

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
Years
Is it possible to get a Hoopa in both X and Y or ORAS, or only one game? I am also worried it might not be every MC Dondlads, in Richmond VA where I live anime is not a big thing.

TheSignWriter

Forever is an illusion.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 24, 2016
Oh wow! An event I can actually receive without driving for an hour! This just made my day ^^ and made my tummy growl..

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 29, 2017
Seeing as this event will be rarer than easily farmed Gamestop events, it will be of worth for me and other redditors from /r/PokemonTrades such as my self. This means that the McHoopa will most likely be worth more than the GAME and perhaps worth more than the Maxsoft Hoopa. I see this as a better way to distribute it.

Also, McNuggets.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
They're hosting it in McDonalds because this is where the vast majority of Nintendo Zones are, I'd wager.

Seeing as this event will be rarer than easily farmed Gamestop events, it will be of worth for me and other redditors from /r/PokemonTrades such as my self. This means that the McHoopa will most likely be worth more than the GAME and perhaps worth more than the Maxsoft Hoopa. I see this as a better way to distribute it.

Also, McNuggets.

I don't see why we wouldn't be able to farm this Hoopa as easily as the Gamestop events.
Go there with two games, pick up one on Mystery Gift, trade it over, restart game, rinse and repeat.

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 29, 2017
They're hosting it in McDonalds because this is where the vast majority of Nintendo Zones are, I'd wager.

I don't see why we wouldn't be able to farm this Hoopa as easily as the Gamestop events.
Go there with two games, pick up one on Mystery Gift, trade it over, restart game, rinse and repeat.

Well, you see, if you go to Gamestop everyday on different shifts, you could get a good 40 codes depending on the amount of Gamestops near you.

Ammako

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
This isn't a distribution by code, though. You simply download it via wireless download. :p

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
I live in south america, so no hoopa for me :/, I wish they gave a code or something for my country :P

Ammako

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
It will most likely be possible to download Hoopa at home by spoofing your network as being a McDonald's Nintendo Zone hotspot, by giving it a certain SSID (NZ@McD1) and spoofing your router's mac address (Unsure which mac addresses would be used for this yet.)
It's been done before for various other events, even more recently, for the Pokémon Center shiny Tyranitar in Japan without having to live anywhere near Japan (still need a Japanese 3DS and game, though.)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
It will most likely be possible to download Hoopa at home by spoofing your network as being a McDonald's Nintendo Zone hotspot, by giving it a certain SSID (NZ@McD1) and spoofing your router's mac address (Unsure which mac addresses would be used for this yet.)
It's been done before for various other events, even more recently, for the Pokémon Center shiny Tyranitar in Japan without having to live anywhere near Japan (still need a Japanese 3DS and game, though.)

how does that work?? do we have to change something in the router or in the ninendo 3ds??

Ammako

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
To be honest I'm not entirely sure how to do this with a router, I've only ever done it with my wireless card in my PC.
It's the same concept as HomePass. You set up a wireless access point with the same name as the official Nintendo Zone access points, and use mac spoofing programs to spoof your mac address. Your 3DS will be tricked into thinking they are connected to a Nintendo Zone.

You can trick your 3DS into thinking it connected to a Nintendo Zone simply by changing your AP's name to attwifi or NZ@McD1, but in order to be able to download Hoopa you'd probably have to have a certain mac address so your 3DS thinks it's connected to a McDonalds access point, and not just any Nintendo Zone.

This page has a list of mac addresses for various Nintendo Zone access points, so it should be possible to spoof your router or your wireless card as having that mac address, then use the right SSID, and start up your router or wireless access point to download Hoopa as if you were at McDonalds

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
To be honest I'm not entirely sure how to do this with a router, I've only ever done it with my wireless card in my PC.
It's the same concept as HomePass. You set up a wireless access point with the same name as the official Nintendo Zone access points, and use mac spoofing programs to spoof your mac address. Your 3DS will be tricked into thinking they are connected to a Nintendo Zone.

You can trick your 3DS into thinking it connected to a Nintendo Zone simply by changing your AP's name to attwifi or NZ@McD1, but in order to be able to download Hoopa you'd probably have to have a certain mac address so your 3DS thinks it's connected to a McDonalds access point, and not just any Nintendo Zone.

This page has a list of mac addresses for various Nintendo Zone access points, so it should be possible to spoof your router or your wireless card as having that mac address, then use the right SSID, and start up your router or wireless access point to download Hoopa as if you were at McDonalds

ok, thanks a lot ^^, I don't know a lot about this stuff, but I'll try to do it xD, thanks for the info, didn't know that could be done

Years
Serebii has mentioned that this Hoopa event is now active, so if you're in the US visit McDonald's and pick up yours now!

And this may be a bit off-topic, but there's now been another Hoopa event announced for the Scandinavia region. Players in Norway, Finland and Sweden can obtain a serial code from Gamestop stores which they can use to download Hoopa onto their Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire games. This one will be active from December 2015 - January 2016. (Credit goes to Serebii for this)

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
Years
Can't access this event here in the Philippines so I won't get it unless there's an event distribution or someone would trade it to me which is near impossible. Hope a serial code comes out soon. :(

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Can't access this event here in the Philippines so I won't get it unless there's an event distribution or someone would trade it to me which is near impossible. Hope a serial code comes out soon. :(

Yea, I hope so too :/

Btw, this event starts today! Anybody planning on going out to McDonald's today to grab your Hoopa? :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 18, 2017
Yea, I hope so too :/

Btw, this event starts today! Anybody planning on going out to McDonald's today to grab your Hoopa? :)
Did it the moment I woke up, never even went inside, just logged on in the parking lot XD
You can get more than one too, one for each game you have, so I got two Hoopas, and both have three perfect IVs as well, one of them has all it's IVs over 26 too

Talnov

Sir Talnov, of house Fluffy Cat
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 7, 2017
does anyone know if the hoopa is nature locked, if it can be fixed with synchronize, or if my ralts is just defective?

Back