• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Confirmed to be the Final Main 3DS Games for Pokémon

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Well i feel that the Switch is unnatural. I don't know if i can support GF's decision to move pokemon on to this. It looks like i won't be able to carry the Switch in my pocket. I don't want to walk around with the Switch in my hand especially in public.
    It's just like carrying around your 3DS in public, really.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    It's just like carrying around your 3DS in public, really.
    I don't play my 3DS in public. I look silly if i did. I keep my hobbies private. When on forums, i use a username. Anyway, i am likely not be able afford a 500 dollar Switch.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I don't play my 3DS in public. I look silly if i did. I keep my hobbies private. When on forums, i use a username. Anyway, i am likely not be able afford a 500 dollar Switch.
    Wait, if you don't use your 3DS in public why'd you bring up using your Switch in public? :P

It's not like you have to bring your Switch with you to places, just something you can do.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023

you know price drop is a thing you know... and it isn't like this nintendo switch game is coming out on march next year.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • you know price drop is a thing you know... and it isn't like this nintendo switch game is coming out on march next year.

Yeah, earliest I expect it to come out is around the time of USUM and RS/OrAs' (basically late November) releases. So one year from next month.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    The moment that GameFreak confirmed that they are moving to the Switch (iirc they confirmed that in E3 this year) was the moment I decided to really really really get a Switch, and I did, just so I have a console to play the future main-core Pokémon games. I need help.

As for bringing/using the 3ds/Switch in public, I have almost-always brough the 3ds with me. Playing games while on the bus heading to work/home is nice.

I finished Monster Hunter Stories not too long ago, so I have no games to play on my 3ds while waiting for USM, so I started bringing my Switch along, playing BotW,
    and it's nice. :3

Years
  • As Pryce said, the Switch will likely have a price drop after a year so I wouldn't mind waiting until then to get one.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I believe they said they don't use it while walking. I personally don't use my 3ds while walking around and put it in my pocket and then take it out and play it in the car or at restaurants. I wouldn't want to have to carry it in my hands when going places. To be honest I never understood the appeal of the xl 3ds, the bigger screen doesn't add anything it just makes it bigger and heavier.

If the Switch is bigger and heavier then the regular 3DS then that just seems inconvenient. Carpol tunnel will be more rampent. The old 2DS wasn't convenient either, it was too big to fit in my pocket.

The 3d aspect of the 3DS was kind of useless but the model was perfect. Nintendo really peaked with it.

Last edited:

Years
  • As Pryce said, the Switch will likely have a price drop after a year so I wouldn't mind waiting until then to get one.

Or they could make a cheaper and more 'kid-friendly' (as in more likely to survive from being dropped, etc. (though the plain 3DS' can withstand a lot so the current Switch probably can too xD)) version like how they made the 2DS in time for the release of XY :3.

Last edited:

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
    Years
  • I thought there would be at least another set of remakes on the 3DS, the Switch user base doesn't seem large enough to warrant main series titles, and the systems price seems restrictive to some. oh well.

I like my Switch, and I'm happy to see my favorite Nintendo series coming to it, but the big question for me is: How will they change the series to fit the hardware?

Will they keep the graphical style but scale the world up to better utilize the technology?

Will they increase the visuals and graphical performance, but keep the world the same size?

Will they do both?

Will they completely change the overworld UX?

The only thing that seems a safe bet to me is retaining the turn-based battles. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do to the series.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    They do not do two remakes on one handheld. They only do one remake per handheld. Plus none of the remakes exist in the same gen. If DP remakes happen, it be on the Switch but i don't know if they would look great on the Switch.

Years
  • I thought there would be at least another set of remakes on the 3DS, the Switch user base doesn't seem large enough to warrant main series titles, and the systems price seems restrictive to some. oh well.

I like my Switch, and I'm happy to see my favorite Nintendo series coming to it, but the big question for me is: How will they change the series to fit the hardware?

Will they keep the graphical style but scale the world up to better utilize the technology?

Will they increase the visuals and graphical performance, but keep the world the same size?

Will they do both?

Will they completely change the overworld UX?

The only thing that seems a safe bet to me is retaining the turn-based battles. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do to the series.

I'm personally hoping Game Freak kind of rehauls Pokemon gaming as we know it when it comes to the Switch. I want to be pleasantly surprised; there's SO much potential that can be achieved by a console Pokemon game. Anyone who has played Pokemon Colosseum or XD would understand this, as those games were pretty ahead of their time back in the day, I'd say.

Years
  • I'm personally hoping Game Freak kind of rehauls Pokemon gaming as we know it when it comes to the Switch. I want to be pleasantly surprised; there's SO much potential that can be achieved by a console Pokemon game. Anyone who has played Pokemon Colosseum or XD would understand this, as those games were pretty ahead of their time back in the day, I'd say.

I'm actually imagining something like those two when brain storming as to how they might be like.

What I'm curious about is the region. I wonder if we'll get another tropical region... People complained about Alola being tropical due to us having recently explored the semi-tropical Hoenn in the remakes (I personally enjoyed it xD).

Currently I want an icy region similar to Platinum's Sinnoh, but more icy!

BlazeMasterX

Dusk Mane Necrozma
    Years
  • As I expected, US/UM is the final 3DS mainline game.
    -3DS is a 7 years old system
    -Pokemon X/Y and S/M have reached the 3DS' limits.

I have a Nintendo Switch since its launch day, and I love it.
    I have four Switch games (Zelda: BotW, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario + Rabbids, and Pokken DX) and I will get Super Mario Odyssey this Friday.

To fans who can't afford the Switch,
    You don't need to worry. Switch's price will likely drop before Pokemon Switch coming out. ;)

People forgot the switch is not an handheld but an portable Home console

Switch is an hybrid console, both home console and handheld.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Let's hope the prices of the games drop as well. I hate paying $40. Why would I want to pay $60??
    Hate to break it to you, but game price drops probably won't happen. Sixty dollars is pretty much the standard cost of (big) console games, and Nintendo rarely drops the prices of their games anyway.

At best maybe they'll do some bundling thing if you get both versions.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    There we go again... I'll quote Nintendo "Switch is primarily a console with the bonus of 'switching' to portable play when necessary"
    When have they said this? If anything the main Switch site emphasizes how it's both a console AND a portable.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • When have they said this? If anything the main Switch site emphasizes how it's both a console AND a portable.

the main sites says...
    Spoiler:

Back