• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[UNCONFIRMED] Wii battling game similar to XD : Gale of Darkness ?

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
    Years
  • Omg. I would love to have another game like Gale of Darkness! I hope it's true~

But I hope it won't be like Battle Revolution, that was a disappointment.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Meh, probably just a Battle Revolution 2 - If it is real and it will have a story mode, I might buy it.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Hopefully it'll be Battle Revolution 2 with better battles scene and graphics. A good story mode would be nice as well but if this is true then I would defiantly buy it.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Nice find - the fact it came from a Nintendo repersentive suggests it is more than a run-of-the-mill rumour. But we shall have to wait and see on this...

Given the wording used was 'Wii title that they are making that is similar to Gales of Darkness ' that would give a decent idea of what it is like - as well as 'supposed to be a cross between Gales of Darkness and Battle Revolution, with a single player story line as well as a Colosseum-like side. According to this Pokefan, the game is not Wiiware, but rather a full commercial title.' Now, as the company to have made Colo/XD/PBR is Genius Sonority, we might need to keep our eyes on them. ;p (And seeing they've been active recently including with that Pokemon Typing DS game... hmm). *hopes for a Miror B to be included if a game happens*

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    Darn! Lol. I wanted to be the first one to post this as a new thread, but ya' beat me to it xD I'm super excited about this though! I read it earlier this morning and was hyped about it, I still am. I hope it has a story line, I really do. Maybe a sequel to Gale of Darkness is what's in works? I don't know, but I'm excited for whatever it is. I hope that it has a the option to just do Colosseum battles like PBR, but also has a main story to go through. Will we get to go back to Orre to stop some new trouble, or maybe a whole new region? Gah, can't wait ^_^

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I never played Battle Revolution or XD. But a BR-like game for the Wii? My life is complete. ^_^

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • was lurking, saw this thread, read it, checked article, my mood perked up, syd happy. if this doesn't really happen, we'll have sad syd. so it better happen. i'm keeping my eyes on this. and yes, miror b better be in it.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • was lurking, saw this thread, read it, checked article, my mood perked up, syd happy. if this doesn't really happen, we'll have sad syd. so it better happen. i'm keeping my eyes on this. and yes, miror b better be in it.

Make that two sad/happy people :(

I swear this better be real :| If not, Ima cry. ;___;

It would sell great considering every Pokemon fan is looking forward to a XD Remake. :>

Also with 5th and 4th generation Pokemon kthx

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • What would be really great is if the shadow Pokémon you caught in this game all had their dream world abilities. It will also be nice to get more wild Pokémon, backwards compatibility with Generation IV for battling (similar to how Stadium 2 did with Gen. I), and a new region.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • This game better happen. And Miror B. better be included. And I'd really like it if you could customize your story mode character (or at the least have a female lead this time). In any event, I'll definitely be keeping my eyes on this, and it might give me a reason to actually buy White...

Years
  • I saw this elsewhere, and it did perk my interest.
    It's nice to see Pokemon games with deep storylines brought back.
    I loved both colosseum and XD and I'm sure this title (assuming this isn't just a pipe dream or random rumor) will be a grand slam as well.
    I'll admit it will be pretty exciting to catch a Shadow Sazandora or Shanderaa.

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    I really hope they do it. I hope it's just some double battles because I HATED XD for it's double battle because I don't like it. I still play it though. Ima strangle someone if they do it.

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
  • It would be nice if this 3D battling game was a combonation of XD and PBR, only without PBR's suckage. And hopefully its done right and not feel like an unfinished game.

SukoSuNa

Nelson Mac Champ
    Years
  • >Graphics similar to battle Revolution.
    So They don't plan on improving the 3D models?

I was disapointed with BR when I noticed all the models were ripped from Stadium.
    I thought it was lazy.

Back