• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Unofficial] ROM Hacking Newsletter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    OMG such quick response :o

The poll is quite nicely shaping up... seems like HS, Baro and Serio will get their hacks pinned if no one puts other nominations... Thank you guys for support.

And now you can thing of the award: Hacker of the issue. Think about a ROM Hacker in your neighborhood who deserves it.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Hacker Of The Issue:
    Destinedjagold(Or DJG)
    Reason(s): Completing his hack.
    Working so hard on hacking.
    Creating many marvelous events.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Makes this place feel like a high school with a news letter.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    I cannot believe ther is another finished hack! Now this is really worth that position. Votings for Hacker of the issue are over. Sorry to not give more opportunities, but there's very few people who have managed to complete hack. Congratulations to DJG!

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Woah, this is something great,
    Yep lets all congratulate DJG for making a spectacular hack, I also enjoyed plaing it :P
    And the newsletter is great, neat idea.....great work!

~C3LEBI

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Thanks C3LEBI and NIN, it's really nice to see you like this newsletter :)

It made me smile to see that bit with high school, cause here in Slovakia, it's rare to have any newsletter xD

SerenadeDS

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    This is quite awsome. I enjoy reading little articles like this when it comes to something we like! I've got tons of ideas such as interviews with aurtors and such.

I hope this becomes a "epic."

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    thank you, both of you. SerenadeDS, if you want, you can do an interview with Destinedjagold, next featured hacker in RHN 2, so feel free to contact him, I am sure as hell he will be happy. DO it till Wednesday evening, please, okay?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Hey, I would also like to help, but sadly I won't be here for next issue.
    But, since number 3 will take some more time, I would be happy to help you in it if you want.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Yeah If you ever need any help with this just ask!

This is one of the best ideas I've ever seen on PC,
    So I'd be happy to contribute to it!

Well,
    BOL!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I love the newsletter... I just noticed it now while I was reading the comments in Prism...

I am quite busy, and so this thread is really useful for me to get updated around the community of hacking. :P

And wow, O_O...
    Thanks for the warm congratulations for my achievement... :\

I really don't know what to say... But oh well... I'll answer Serenade DS' questions sincerely then. ^^

Thank you so much for making this thread for an unupdated person like me. :P
    I support this all the way! ;)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Hey, I had a few ideas to tell you about before I run away from PC for a while.

"Tip of the Issue" - Yes, it would be some little hacking trick that, to make things fair, it'd be one for GBC at one issue, one for GBA at the next one and so on. Something to help out the upcoming hackers.

"An Interesting Idea" - Basically, some idea that seems good at the Scrapbox, because they also deserve some attention.

And the rest I think it was already implemented, the news system I'd like that it'd cover all the sections in the rom hacking sections. Tutorials/Toolbox/Scrapbox/Hacks Showcase/etc (anything that seems interesting, like a tool being released, a tutorial getting posted), anything that serves as people's effort getting noticed.

I would like to ask you all for giving some nominations for pinned hacks of RHN. Think about three hacks you like the most and I will decide then.

Sure thing, I suggest Ruby Destiny, Marble and Omega (I'd suggest Diamond, but I'd wait till a new update is done)

Good luck on the next issue! Good thing the interviews are making a return too >.< (that helps to know more about the hackers :D)

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Hey, I would also like to help, but sadly I won't be here for next issue.
    But, since number 3 will take some more time, I would be happy to help you in it if you want.

Okay, thank you, Went :) You can contact Virtual Chatot by PM and tell him you have my permission to work on issue 3. There will be three of you, so I think you will get that done easily. I am gonna do the issue 2 and I will send you all PM to infrom you when I come back... but since it's quicker way to tell you here, I will return on March 1st.

I would love to help too (if needed)!

This is a great idea, and i would like to take part in it!

You can think about any suggestions if you want, and post them here, I will be glad to read them.

Yeah If you ever need any help with this just ask!

This is one of the best ideas I've ever seen on PC,
    So I'd be happy to contribute to it!

Well,
    BOL!

What I said to itman, it goes to you, too. Think about anything you would like to see here.

I love the newsletter... I just noticed it now while I was reading the comments in Prism...

I am quite busy, and so this thread is really useful for me to get updated around the community of hacking. :P

And wow, O_O...
    Thanks for the warm congratulations for my achievement... :\

I really don't know what to say... But oh well... I'll answer Serenade DS' questions sincerely then. ^^

Thank you so much for making this thread for an unupdated person like me. :P
    I support this all the way! ;)

Thank you very much for agreeing with the interview. SerenadeDS will sure be a good interviewer ;) And thanks for the support ^^

Hey, I had a few ideas to tell you about before I run away from PC for a while.

"Tip of the Issue" - Yes, it would be some little hacking trick that, to make things fair, it'd be one for GBC at one issue, one for GBA at the next one and so on. Something to help out the upcoming hackers.

"An Interesting Idea" - Basically, some idea that seems good at the Scrapbox, because they also deserve some attention.

And the rest I think it was already implemented, the news system I'd like that it'd cover all the sections in the rom hacking sections. Tutorials/Toolbox/Scrapbox/Hacks Showcase/etc (anything that seems interesting, like a tool being released, a tutorial getting posted), anything that serves as people's effort getting noticed.

Sure thing, I suggest Ruby Destiny, Marble and Omega (I'd suggest Diamond, but I'd wait till a new update is done)

Good luck on the next issue! Good thing the interviews are making a return too >.< (that helps to know more about the hackers :D)

Your ideas are really good, so they may be implemented from issue 5 further (as I won't be able to have any control over issues 3 and 4 - it's good to see that others actively help me with it, tho :)).

And thak you for your nominations :)

Don't forget you all that from the next issue, there will be new rating system!

Cheers!

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • I think you should have a section in teh newsletter about every section.

So, you have one for ROM hacking, and say 1 or 2 specific threads that we should go see...toolbox, next tool that came out or an upcoming one...

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Wow, this newsletter can really help a lot of new hackers out. (Like myself) what you said about SG is right though. it's far too popular to need any more publicity. anyways, i'd love to see what this can do for any future Rom hacks. (including mine, *hint hint*)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back