• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Unofficial] ROM Hacking Newsletter

Status
Not open for further replies.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
  • It would obviously be Advancemap ;3
    I wouldn't be too sure, Darthatron is making all these great tools left and right! But i'm sure advancemap will win once too!
    Wow, this newsletter can really help a lot of new hackers out. (Like myself) what you said about SG is right though. it's far too popular to need any more publicity. anyways, i'd love to see what this can do for any future Rom hacks. (including mine, *hint hint*)
    You have a hack?

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    yeah, it's called Pokemon Radiant Sun. i have a link for it's thread in my sig. just click on the cute picture of the super-deadly lucario.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I wouldn't be too sure, Darthatron is making all these great tools left and right! But i'm sure advancemap will win once too!

Advancemap is the single most used Rom hacking tool, if we didn't have that, hacking would be hard.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
  • Great job with this, guys. It looks very good, and is obviously very informative.

It's very helpful for members like me who can't always make it to PC and keep up with everything. Keep it up.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Guys, I am terribly sorry, I am leaving PC. Maybe I will return someday, but till then ,I cannot be here. The reasons are personal and I don't want you to contact me to talk about it. From now on, I hope that Virtual Chatot will continue with RHN (he should create new thread) and others will help him. I am sad to do this, really.

If I contact anyone of you by IM, be happy ;)

Don't send me IMs or PMs unless I tell you that it's okay.

Till my comeback, if any, farewell.

EDIT: My absence is still actual, but only for two more weeks guys. I would still like to ask Chatot to writ ethe issue 2 tomorrow.

Cheers ;)

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    that's good to hear. ^^
    2 weeks... K, I can wait. ^^

I'll be seeing you then. :P

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • i hope Virtual Chatot will do it!

2 weeks? I feel bad that your leaving, but i hope you will come back and won't forget about us!

I can't wait for the next 'issue' though, this is awesome!!!!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I'm writing up issue two guys, no worries.

Not that much news going on around here though, so don't expect it to be quite as big as last weeks

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • Ok what about Tool of the Issue?
    Have a vote for the best tool out there.
    That's a great Idea though A-Map would obviously win, Elitemap is good too, but let's face it... Without A-Map hacking would be about 10x more difficult than it is now, EliteMap has a few bugs and is more likely to crash the ROM.

Anyway... my point is, A-Map will win, but it is a great idea. :D

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    A-map is simpler also but elitemap comes in a whole package of other hacking goodies which was mostly replaced by you and hackmew's tool factory darthatron.
    Elitemap is too complex for me.
    So i think a_map won..big time.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Sorry about the lack of updates, I couldn't pull any new material together xD

You guys are going to have to wait untill Martin returns

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    And it seems that I've came just in time.

I will write p issue two this week. Sorry for delay. I was away for two weeks so I couldn't do much. Hope my absense wasn't very painful for you all and from now on I am gonna try to release issues of RHN periodically each week.

Cheers!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Yay! Martin's back! ^^
    I'll be expecting the issue no. 2 then. :P

BoL(Best of Luck)!!!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • It's not like it was painful, but, we really need this thing of the newsletter to be more often (or, at least, to be told that it would be monthly, which I always recommend it to be, just in case stuff happens in the middle, just like what happened)

Anyway, we have a lot of new hacks to talk about for the next issue, so it's not like there aren't any news (specially with the release of AMap 1.9, you can make a whole issue with that >o<)

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
  • What I liked about the old hack newsletter, was the "reviews and interviews" where they interviewed a new hacker, or old hacker, than gave their hack a rating and a link to their thread.
    I always read that part and skipped most of the rest.
    :]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back