• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Unova Starters with Hidden Abilities to be distributed in Japan next month

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    It has been announced that there will be several special distributions of the Unova Starters in Japan. These distributions are unique in that they offer these starters with their Hidden Abilities. They will be distributed through Serial Code. On December 28th, a code for Serperior with Contrary will be given on Pokémon Get☆TV and can be redeemed from January 9th to November 30th. This Serperior has the moves Leaf Storm, Hold Back, Wring Out & Giga Drain. On January 11th 2015, a Emboar with Reckless will also get a code from Pokémon Get☆TV, which can be redeemed from January 16th to November 30th. It has the moves Flare Blitz, Hold Back, Head Smash & Take Down. Finally, on January 15th 2015, the new issue of CoroCoro will have a serial code for Samurott with its Hidden Ability of Shell Armor and can be redeemed from January 16th to November 30th. It has the moves Razor Shell, Hold Back, Confide & Hydro Pump

Source: Serebii.net​

So we're finally getting the Unova starters with their hidden abilities. Downside is that Japan is getting the event (as usual), but hey, this is probably one of the best news I've gotten. Now only the Johto starters and the Kalos fossils are the last ones without released Hidden Abilities.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Still not totally a negative, between breeding and wondertrading they will hit us soon enough, and we can breed english ones

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Finally Contrary Serperior will be legal to use for competitive battles. While Wonder Trade already fulfills this, will this event eventually hit worldwide?

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Kinda sad that we couldn't get one with our preferred balls. :/
    Aw well... It's great to hear that their HAs are going to be released finally! ^^
    I've been wanting an HA Snivy for a long time now. ^_^

Years
    Now only the Johto starters and the Kalos fossils are the last ones without released Hidden Abilities.

Kalos starters' hidden abilities are obtainable via X/Y's Friend Safari fyi.

But aside from that, this is definitely welcome news especially given Contrary Serperior will now become a thing. Seriously, OR/AS seems to have been blessing us with HA's that we all wanted, first Adaptability Dragalge is legal and now Contrary Serperior.

Kinda sucks the Oshawott line's HA isn't all that great, but whatever.

Candy

Years
    Y'know, I just noticed the trend in GF on giving the move Hold Back to event Pokemon.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I'm so glad we finally get Contrary Serperior. HA Emboar and Samurott aren't too shabby either.

However, it's kinda disappointing that they only get released in Japan. Let's hope that Game Freak changes their mind and releases them worldwide, or that the Japanese breed them and Wonder Trade them to us.

P.S.: I hope the Johto starters get their HA as soon as possible.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
    Kinda sad that we couldn't get one with our preferred balls. :/
    Aw well... It's great to hear that their HAs are going to be released finally! ^^
    I've been wanting an HA Snivy for a long time now. ^_^

You can still breed for the pokéball you want. But sadly only the pokéballs that you can buy are available.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    You can still breed for the pokéball you want. But sadly only the pokéballs that you can buy are available.

How? Only females pass down the poke ball, and if you get a male with it's hidden ability, the male cannot pass down the hidden ability unless bred with a ditto, but then the ball can't be passed down. Additionally, there's no place anywhere in the games to catch a Snivy in the wild to begin with.

Well, this explains why I got the Contrary Snivy from the GTS the other day then! But besides the Johto starters, There's Heatran, the legendary bird trio, the legendary beast trio, the Regi trio, and kind of Mewtwo, the Kami Trio, Ho-Oh and Lugia, Dialga, Palkia and Giaratina if you don't have the ones caught from Dream Radar who can't have their hidden abilities either. (I mention the "kind of" ones as well because even if you transfer them, you can't use them in gen 6 only types of battles and competitions)

Candy

Years
    But besides the Johto starters, There's Heatran, the legendary bird trio, the legendary beast trio, the Regi trio, and kind of Mewtwo, the Kami Trio, Ho-Oh and Lugia, Dialga, Palkia and Giaratina if you don't have the ones caught from Dream Radar who can't have their hidden abilities either. (I mention the "kind of" ones as well because even if you transfer them, you can't use them in gen 6 only types of battles and competitions)

Well the legendaries are a different story in this case. If it were HA legendaries getting distributed in Japan only, I believe fans across the world will start a riot. The only HA legendaries available are the Sinnoh dragons, the Tower duo, and the Kami Trio (not sure on Mewtwo, since I have never tried out the Dream Radar), and they were everyone (with the right conditions) to catch with the Dream Radar. I don't think the rest of the legendaries will get distributed any time soon.

And you forgot the Kalos fossils. Snow Warning Amaura would be amazing.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    It's about ****in' time Game Freak. Not that the Unova starters are ones I like a lot, but I don't see why they waited so long to give them their HAs. I kinda wanted to play around with a Contrary Serperior anyway cuz Serperior's ok.

And even though it's currently a Japan only thing, I'm sure it won't be long before the rest of the world gets them too, since the Japanese are usually pretty good about sharing nice pokes with other people via WT/GTS.

Now hurry up and release the HAs for the Kalos fossils Game Freak. I need my Rock Head Tyrantrum NOW.

Years
    This is nice news, but I hope that either this event comes to America someday or we can get our hands on some from the Japanese when they get these starters. As i've mentioned several times, Contrary Serperior is one long overdue, and Reckless Emboar is a welcome addition.

Back