• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Vanilluxe] versus Beartic

Who do you pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    WINTER THEME although well actually it's winter in-game so it applies late fff. :(

[Vanilluxe] versus Beartic

Who do you choose? :3

Years
  • Vanilluxe for me, I love this two-headed ice-cream cone. It's also one of my fave Ice-types too.

Forever, today is the last day of Winter in Unova. Spring begins tomorrow...

I tried one out and it was amazing! Mine currently knows Hail, Acid Armor, Flash Cannon and Ice Beam. It's definitely the best of the 3 Ice-types available in BW before beating the main story.

I love this fanart of Vanilluxe, so frosty.

Yeah, Vanilluxe wins me over rather than Beartic.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Vanilluxe all the way, I don't like any of the bear Pokémon and Vanilluxe was instantly up there with my favourite Pokémon and it's great to use.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Seeing as they are pretty much both useless competitively, I'll go purely on design and fun factor. I voted for Vanilluxe because I like how it is based on ice-cream. I've never really liked Beartic and that ice beard thing either. Vanilluxe is also one of those Pokémon that are pretty fun to use for me like Sunflora or Lunatone. I wish it would get new flavours formes in BW2 that have different colour 'scoops'.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Vanilluxe. It is just so super adorable it's ridiculous. <3
    Plus, I actually happen to love its movepool and whatnot. Great special attack makes it even better to me. <3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Seeing as they are pretty much both useless competitively, I'll go purely on design and fun factor. I voted for Vanilluxe because I like how it is based on ice-cream. I've never really liked Beartic and that ice beard thing either. Vanilluxe is also one of those Pokémon that are pretty fun to use for me like Sunflora or Lunatone. I wish it would get new flavours formes in BW2 that have different colour 'scoops'.

NU POKEMON ARE NOT USELESS COMPETITIVELY. THEY HAVE USE, OMG. :(

I've used Beartic in-game and it was okay buuut Vanilluxe is prettier, so :3;

And indeed Hikari10! Just fitting it in before the seasonal change ;)
    ...well technically a minute ago lool.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I guess I'll be the first poster to say Beartic. Which to be honest, I never really did like at first. When I saw it in the anime for the first time, however, I instantly fell in love with it! I think it would do Beartic well if his sprite had him on all fours, rather than standing up though. Same with the artwork.

I've never used Beartic before, but I do have plans to when I finally pick up my White again and replay it before the release of B2/W2 in the US. I will say this though, Beartic could have really done well had it only been given a better move pool.

As for Vanilluxe, I just don't see the appeal. It's a double scoop ice-cream cone Pokémon. When I first saw this, I honestly had to ask myself, "What was GameFreak thinking?" I'm still waiting for them to get me back on that, but until then, I just don't really fancy Vanilluxe or its evolutionary line in general. I will say this though, Vanillite is cute. I just hope that when we eventually get a 6th Generation, GameFreak doesn't start turning more food products into Pokémon. They've got a lot more animal species they can cover before they start resorting to more food-like Pokémon in my opinion.

Does anyone see the logic in how an ice-cream cone can be faster than a bear by the way? I know Pokémon isn't known for their realism when it comes to things, but I just don't get this one.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I like them both, but I'll pick the beary bear because I had more fun using him than ice cream. ;(

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I've never understood why people hate the cool-ass (literally) Vaniluxe. Sure, it looks like an ice-cream, but when has anybody had a bad word to say about ice-cream? Bears, on the other hand, are nothing but bad news, what with all the killing of people and such. Apart from allergy-related deaths, did ice-cream ever kill anybody? Probs not. Also, Beartic is fugly and slow whereas Vaniluxe is kooky and quick-ish.

Vaniluxe, hands down.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2012
    Vanilluxe no doubt
    Even though I'm hating its design, its 535 base stat total is hard to say no to. Pretty good defenses, Acid Armor, and its capabilities of sweeping with Ice Beam/Flash Cannon/ Explosion makes it way better than Beartic

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Pretty much echoing what Aerilyn said Beartic won me over with its appearance in BW as Georgia pokemon. I have used both pokemon in the game and like both of them, but I like Beartic slightly more.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
    Years
  • I've chosen Vanilluxe, just because of it's design, really. Pure Ice is weak and you get Both Pokemon kinda late in the game so I didn't even use them yet. I guess both would be lame, lol.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Beartic! He's just screaming HUG ME but it's a demand. Plus its pre-evolution is the cutest.

Vanillite is the best designed in the line of the ice cream Pokémon anyway. Vanilluxe just looks like it used one of those simple computer effects to make a twin of itself.

I've never used Beartic or Vanilluxe in a battle, but in the end Beartic gets my vote for the design and the best evolution line out of the two.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Beartic for me since it has a better design and movepool than Vanilluxe imo, that and I like bears to begin with so yeah.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I've used neither in game before, but design-wise, I do prefer Beartic ever so slightly. I'm not sure why, though. Probably because of that ice beard. Even if it is likely to be frozen snot in the shape of a beard, considering Cubchoo...

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I don't necessarily like either, but BeardTic is much more creative than an ice cream cone. Seriously, Game Freak, a FREAKING ICE CREAM CONE?!?!?

And BeardTic is stronger, as well.

Not to mention it has a killer beard.

Back