• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[VGMM] VGM Covers

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • What are your favourite covers of video game music?

I follow a bunch of people for listening to covers during work, so I'm wanting to do some more sharing. Here's a couple I liked in particular I listened to last week.

Husky by the Geek does a lot of good tunes, including FFXIV stuff for those who play that.

Not checked them out too much but I've liked what I've heard so far. Some SV remixes the last year.

Days
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    He's pretty well known so you've probably encountered him by now if you're looking for VG covers, but FamilyJules does some pretty great covers. One of my lasting favourites on his channel is that duet he did with Grant Kirkhope a few years ago:

The Noble Demon is also a really good channel for this I think, they do some amazing orchestral pieces of more popular tracks. The Face Shrine remix they uploaded the other day is quite chilling:

If you want something a little different, there's an amazing channel called Classical Entertainment System, which remixes famous classical pieces using video game soundfont. There's some pretty great stuff on here!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Listened to this cover of Touhou music (and the second one) from RichaadEB a number of times. Mentions Bad Apple (at the end) in particular.

Heard stuff by FamilyJules too. Goes with Butterfly from Dance Dance Revolution.

Typically gets anime covers from AmaLee. Performed Lost in Thoughts All Alone (from Fire Emblem Fates).

One last, slightly different one: Punch Out by SmoothMcGroove. Posts mainly covers of older games (Super Nintendo, Game Boy, N64, Gamecube).

Years
  • For videogame music covers the only ones I'm familiar with are RichaadEB's tbh.

These two are in my playlists regularly:

I feel like I had one other person's covers in my playlists as well, but can't find it atm lol

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • He's pretty well known so you've probably encountered him by now if you're looking for VG covers, but FamilyJules does some pretty great covers. One of my lasting favourites on his channel is that duet he did with Grant Kirkhope a few years ago:

The Noble Demon is also a really good channel for this I think, they do some amazing orchestral pieces of more popular tracks. The Face Shrine remix they uploaded the other day is quite chilling:

If you want something a little different, there's an amazing channel called Classical Entertainment System, which remixes famous classical pieces using video game soundfont. There's some pretty great stuff on here!
    Family Jules is pretty good indeed! That collab was a fun one too. And am also a fan of Noble Demon, he has some very good covers... more so their LoZ I feel they tend to knock it out of the park.
    Listened to this cover of Touhou music (and the second one) from RichaadEB a number of times. Mentions Bad Apple (at the end) in particular.

Heard stuff by FamilyJules too. Goes with Butterfly from Dance Dance Revolution.

Typically gets anime covers from AmaLee. Performed Lost in Thoughts All Alone (from Fire Emblem Fates).

One last, slightly different one: Punch Out by SmoothMcGroove. Posts mainly covers of older games (Super Nintendo, Game Boy, N64, Gamecube).
    RichaadEB is another I follow. I liked his various Pizza Tower cover videos, fun to watch as well as listen to.

SmoothMcGroove is one of the classics, and hopefully they will keep sharing new stuff too given they returned recently!
    For videogame music covers the only ones I'm familiar with are RichaadEB's tbh.

These two are in my playlists regularly:

I feel like I had one other person's covers in my playlists as well, but can't find it atm lol
    I've certainly noticed a lot of Driftveil covers this year... it seemed to have gained popularity thanks to memes.

Here's a few more in an attempt to get more reccs! InstrumentManiac is an interesting one - he's been doing more VG covers of late, and interesting experimental ones (e.g. this 111 instruments in 111 seconds song). Here's a recent VGM cover one:

Sheet Music Boss is great - piano covers with the notes shown. Here's a Plants vs Zombies and a DK one, but they post very regularly with VG, film, regular songs old and new. Also memes (Rush E).

And Scruffy. I first followed him because of a cool Pikmin 2 playthrough (in first person), but he does videos exploring music/sound theory, and also some covers. This is a neat one for Driftveil (funny that) in PLA and futuristic style!

A last one: Mark Autumn, who did stuff years ago and is seemingly back again. This was a nice cover - the end part of the song kills.

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    A lot of my favourite covers are by GlitchxCity.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I also like gabocarina96's work.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

And also Gillstudio.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Back