• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
HOLY JESUS ****** ******** ****** ******* ******. THIS IS THE BEST 3DS DESIGN I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Spoiler:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Oh yeah, that's gonna come out next month. :o

I really, really want to get it too. >3< If I had the money by theeeeen~

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I personally love the pokemon pair that I have. But I'm not a big zelda fan, I used to enjoy it but after Wind Waker I lost interest in the series.

TY

I think it would be 200-250 here, though im bad at predicting prices.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
The minimum would be 200 bucks here in the states. And since GameStop's prices are made by the corporate offices it would likely be from east coast to west coast and everything in between.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Oh my gosh, that 3DS looks amazing! I love the golden of it, and the triforce symbol behind its back is just eeee. ♥ The special-edition Pokémon X and Y 3DS cost one ninty-nine here, and when you include taxes, it goes over two-ten. If they ever release the Zelda 3DS in United States, I'm expecting it to be somewhere around the same price. I'm not totally sure if I'll be buying it or not, but I most likely will. I've had my eyes on the XL version of 3DS systems for a while now.

3DS XL may not be very portable, but I'm quite a huge fan of how big their screens are—they help to make our gameplay experience more fun. Plus, their button layout is more spread, making them feel less crowded. They have an extended battery life as well, which allows you to play games for two - three additional hours. If I do buy the Legend of Zelda 3DS, then I may give away my current one to my sister, as she's always wanted to have a 3DS system of her own. d: My parents were planning to buy her one, but they just never got around to it. They're always busy.

Last edited:

TY

I dont trust a single review, western or not, since they gave MW3 a high rating while its just MW2 with some changes.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I haven't played Sonic: Lost World yet, but, I must admit that a 5.8/10 score seems kinda.. iffy. XD But, I would love to still try it out, since I haven't played a Sonic the Hedgehog game in a while. ;~;

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I was looking at some gameplay vids of it and it looks...pretty bad. Horrible aesthetic with clunky and slow gameplay. I'm not a Sonic fan by any means, but from what I've heard, Generations and especially Colors are the two really good ones of the modern era.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I was looking at some gameplay vids of it and it looks...pretty bad. Horrible aesthetic with clunky and slow gameplay. I'm not a Sonic fan by any means, but from what I've heard, Generations and especially Colors are the two really good ones of the modern era.
I didn't mind the look of it, but that was from a while ago to be fair. Not something I'd be getting now anyways, too busy with life and Pokemon. =p At any rate, the general consensus is that Generations and Colors were big steps in the right direction.

But it seems the reviews are mixed. You have the aforementioned 5.8 of IGN (which to be frank has not been good with sonic game reviews - I recall its SA2:B review back for GCN was pretty poor/at odds with the actual content), while there's been other sites giving this sanik game a 7 or 8, much more respectable. Sounds like in general the Wii U version is the one to get, not the 3ds one.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've seen a few trailers of it as well, but it actually didn't look too bad to me. d: It seems to be a lot more entertaining than many other Sonic games I've played, and the graphics quality is quite gorgeous. It almost seems as if the characters are going jump out at you right from the screen. I don't know if I I'll be getting the game or not, but if I do, it'll most likely be around Christmas time—when they give us a variety of special offers while purchasing video games, saving us many of our money. If I buy it right now, then I don't think I'll be able to play it too much, since there's already a lot of other games that I need to get done. I may end up getting the Wii U version of Sonic: Lost World. The 3DS version is okay, but the one for Wii U is undoubtedly ten-times better. Haha. :)

T!M

Years
I was watching YoVideogames and they were playing Sonic 2 on the Sega Genesis. Someone brought up a point, which I fully believe is true, and is the reason, to this day, I will never buy another Sonic game ever. But he said that 3D Sonic games are out of their element. The thing that made Sonic good in it's golden years was the speed, that's the theme for Sonic, speed. That fast paced running action! ZIP! Right there. In a 3D environment it's hard to emulate that speed from the Sega days without the player losing control of the character. I'm not sure if there are any 3D-2D Sonic games? But if they want to maintain the speed theme, they need to work like that. 3D-2D. Open world Sonic is just bad.

*Stares at Sonic '06*

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I was watching YoVideogames and they were playing Sonic 2 on the Sega Genesis. Someone brought up a point, which I fully believe is true, and is the reason, to this day, I will never buy another Sonic game ever. But he said that 3D Sonic games are out of their element. The thing that made Sonic good in it's golden years was the speed, that's the theme for Sonic, speed. That fast paced running action! ZIP! Right there. In a 3D environment it's hard to emulate that speed from the Sega days without the player losing control of the character. I'm not sure if there are any 3D-2D Sonic games? But if they want to maintain the speed theme, they need to work like that. 3D-2D. Open world Sonic is just bad.

*Stares at Sonic '06*
Yet in the older Sonic games, there were moments where you have to slow down to solve platformer puzzles before moving on (Ex: Labyrinth Zone). One thing I would say is that the infamous Sonic Cycle has been revived by this game.

Last edited:

T!M

Years
Yet in the older Sonic games, there were moments where you have to slow down to solve platformer puzzles before moving on (Ex: Labyrinth Zone).

Yes but one to two levels doesn't take away from the overall theme. :/ Furthermore, an entire game shouldn't be slow, especially if the main character revolves around running.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
See, lately from what I've been feeling about new Sonic games lately is that.. they keep changing things, but, truth be told, I don't think they needed to change.. much of anything from the old Sonic Adventure games. If that makes sense.

Sure some games like Sonic the Black Knight and Sonic (wishes? forgot the name) were good, buuut, sometimes I just wish they'd stick to a sort of "classic tradition" while maybe tweaking some stuff here and here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back