• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Game's Music Awards - Character Themes! ♪ [Results are in!]

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Video Game's Music Awards - Character Themes! ♪ [Results are in!]

Welcome to the VG's Music Awards, or Music Showdown! Here, I'm all but curious to hear what is PC's favourite video game track from a wide list of categories! But since there's so many, each of them are going to be broken down into a couple of weeks!

At any rate, this week's theme is Character Themes! It's the music that you'd hear from specific characters; like their own personal theme music when you've encountered them... or something!

How does this work?
    So, each time that there's a Video Game's Music Awards thread that pops up, all of you can nominate any one of your favourite tracks, or any other tracks that you think deserve the spotlight, to be featured to be the best video game music that represents the theme!

After the nomination period, the next phase will be for voting, in which, every track that has been nominated by someone will be up for votes! Everyone can vote to a minimum of two tracks that will win! In the end, whichever track has the most votes, will be the winner! And that's not all - there will be a featured emblem representing that video game music for the voters! And the winning theme will be put on display for everyone to hear! So, vote carefully!

Schedule
    This schedule is subject to change dependent on quantity of nominees and other circumstances.

Nominations will last March 12 - 19
    Voting will last from March 20 - 27
    Winner will be declared on April 2nd!​

Nomination Form
    Your nomination form must be done LIKE THIS. Any nominations that do not follow this guideline cannot compete!

Nominee: (The name of the character themes soundtrack)
    Link to Video: (You can link it, or post a embed video of it!)
    Why: (Let the voters know WHY this character Themes track is the best there is for this theme! It can be as long as you want!)​

Nominees

Prizes
    There will be emblems given out to those that participate in this!
    The person who nominates the winner of the Showdown will be allowed to select the next Video Game's Music Awards's topic/theme!

Credits for the video gaming showdown for an idea like this!

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Nice to see this back!

Nominee: Halo Theme (Finish The Fight) [Master Chief, Halo]
    Link to Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om0M6Ol8FjQ
    Why: When I think of a 'character theme,' no song to me is more renownly associated with a character than the Finish The Fight song to Master Chief from the Halo series. Famously known in Halo 3, the song played at the epitome of the game's climax when destroying the halo, electric guitar screeching as you hurdled your way towards the finish. Combined with a suspenseful buildup and crazy drums, Finish The Fight is a classic song in video game history and can not only characterize Master Chief as a badass marine, but the Halo series as a thrilling tune just waiting to be heard.​

pkmin3033

Well, it's between two for me, and I'm going to go with the one I've heard more recently. xD

Nominee
    : Drippy (Mr. Drippy's theme - Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch)
    Link to Video: https://youtu.be/LQwvxMV8khw
    Why: Youer eyes don't half light up when you ear the theme of Drippy, Lord High Lord of the Fairies, right? Anyone who's played Ni No Kuni - and that should be all a yous that play them JRPG things! - knows how bloody amazin' Drippy is, and his here character theme is easily the most memorable track of the lot. It helps that it plays all the flipping time during cutscenes! Gets stuck in your flaming head like nobody's business. It's proper tidy!

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Nominee: R&R Junkie (Walnut's theme - Phantom Brave)
    Link to Video:

Why: Phantom Brave has a great soundtrack, pretty much all of its songs are earworms to some extent, but if I had to choose my favorite boss theme from the game, it would probably be R&R Junkie, the theme of the boisterous Chroma Hunter, Walnut. I love everything about this theme, one part somber, all parts Western, this song is the perfect reflection of the character it accompanies. He's forceful and dedicated to a rather adult mindset that conflicts with the main character's own ideals, all the while knowing that he's more like her than he cares to admit. His life is a mess and there's very little that he actually cares about, but what he does care about he'll protect to the grave. He is a tragic character no doubt, but pretty much any encounter with him is made instantly more intense with this theme.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Nominee: Professor Layton's Theme
    Link to Video:
    Spoiler:

Why: This is the only choice for me. As a huge Professor Layton fan, this theme is now ingrained into my memory, and for good reason! Not only is it incredible to listen to regardless, when it appears in the games, you just know something big is about to happen. The Professor Layton series might be all but over (Layton 7 didn't look like Layton by any stretch of the imagination), but this theme is reason enough to remember one of the greatest visual novel series video games have ever seen.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Nominee: Tiz's Special Theme (name unknown)
    Link to Video:

Why: This is probably far from the best character theme I've ever heard. But, this is insanely catchy and has been stuck in my head for couple of days now. And, I have to at least fangasm about it somewhere.

Tiz's Special Theme for Bravely Second! Now, I can guarantee that this will probably be the first time for most people hearing it in action. So, what's great about this song? It's upbeat and just downright kick-ass in it's whole attitude. An incredibly stark contrast from Tiz's previous theme, "You Are My Hope", which was a song that while upbeat, created a very "hopeful" song with usage of it's flute; something that fit Tiz's personality in the Bravely Default. The Bravely Second version exudes much more confidence with now instead of a flute, we're rocking it out with a pair of an electric guitar and drums to back up the song now, it feels like that instead of "hope" as the underlying theme we have "spirit" in its place. With such a theme with roaring tenacity, I wonder how that reflects Tiz's character and role in Bravely Second now?

(my god guys I already have three songs to instantly vote for)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I was contemplating whether or not I should post in here since I really couldn't think of any good character themes, but I decided to go ahead and post anyways. :)

Nominee: Seymour's Theme (FFX)
    Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ATaFxHxNtI
    Why: When you first hear this song, you know everything is not all honky dory. You've had an itching feeling for a while that Seymour isn't as he seems for a while, and then this song plays thus making your suspicions grow even more.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Nominee: Frog's Theme (Chrono Trigger)
    Links: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YsAyO9oW00
    Why: It's actually the first thing that came to my mind when I read "character theme". It has that feeling of epicness, right from the beginning untill the end and Frog himself is a really cool character himself. This theme fits him really well, in my opinion.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • Nominee: The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - Miniboss Theme
    Link to Video:
    Why: The theme has always stood out in my mind, its catchy and always get my heart jumping when I was younger. I'll glad in Hyrule Warriors there is a reference to it in one of theme remixes, but in all seriousness, the original is still the best version.

Years
  • Nominee: DANGANRONPA OST: - Mr. Monokuma's Lesson
    Link to Video:

Why: This track is one of the most... "unique" pieces I've ever heard in a video game, to say the least. You got this jazzy, jovial feel with some random voice clips thrown in. It's eccentric, just like the character for the theme, Monokuma. When hearing this song and Monokuma's silly dialogue, you almost forget he's a sadistic and cruel being capable of the things he's done to the game's cast for the sake of desbear... uh, I mean, despair. Upupu...

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
  • Nominee: Dark Pit's Theme - Kid Icarus Uprising
    Link to video:

Why: Another Kid Icarus Uprising song (It's not my fault that the game has such an amazing soundtrack). Dark Pit's theme is HA-MAZING. The Spanish sounding guitar, on top of the strong beat of the drums provides the Dark Pit with one of the best songs in entire game (Which is a massive achievement, considering the insane amount of good songs in Kid Icarus Uprising). This song is so good, that it is used in the "Light Vs Dark" multiplayer mode whenever both Angels appear.

And that's really all I have to say about it.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Tomorrow is the last day to get your nominations in, gang! ^^

From the looks of it, we have some really cool nominations so far! Maybe I'll provide one myself if I find a good one. :3

Years
  • I was going to nominate Dark Pit's theme, but it looks like I was too slow.

Nominee: Simon's Theme (Castlevania: Harmony of Despair)
    Link to Video:
    Why: This is a modern arrangement of Simon's Theme from Super Castlevania IV. The song is so catchy and the organ/guitar parts are really nice. In Super Castlevania IV, this song played as you began your journey into Dracula's Castle, and it really set the stage for the rest of the game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Nominee: Legend of Zelda Theme.
    Link to Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGufy1PAeTU

This might only be me, but I don't know; every time I think of Link, Zelda, Skull Kid, or any other characters of this series, this theme doesn't take too long to play in my head at all. It's a very catchy piece of music, and seems to fit Legend of Zelda pretty well. Loud, uplifting, vibrant, adventure, and other terms of the like are represented by this song, I feel, which are very much suitable for LoZ.

The theme might not exactly be directed towards a particular character, but as I said, it does relate to some; I hope it's an okay nomination, haha.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Nominee: Guile's Theme (Street Fighter IV)
    Link to Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFsuHmrWf6o
    Why: While the Super Street Fighter II variation is the more recognizable one for memetic purposes, the Street Fighter IV variation is largely overlooked. It captures Guile's determination to avenge Charlie Nash's death, and more so when it gets to the acoustic part of the song. If you're playing a more intense battle, then this song will indeed fit well with it.

Years
  • Nominee: Coo the Owl's theme from the Kirby franchise (originally appeared in Kirby's Dreamland 2)
    Link to Video:
    His original theme

Why: This theme plays whenever Kirby meets his animal friend, Coo. With Coo's help, Kirby gets to fly fast and effortlessly, and this theme perfectly conveys the feelings of freedom, enjoyment, and whimsy that come with flying. His theme has also been remastered in newer games, (some links), and his theme only gets better with the upgrade from 8-bit music.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Thanks for nominating, guys! Now it's time for the voting round! Now for the voting round, if you choose to vote, vote for at least two of the video game music nominations that will be listed below. You're allowed to vote for more than that, but, just know that the minimum is two. Anyone is allowed to vote!

Anywho, check out the nominees in the spoilers below! You can listen to each one, and vote for your favourites!

Spoiler:

If you're voting, just post on this thread! For example, you can vote like this (which are my votes BTW):

Dark Pit's Theme
    Mr. Monokuma's Lesson
    Mr. Drippy's theme
    Wind Waker Miniboss theme

You can just list your votes, or.. anyway you want; if you want to provide an explanation on why you voted for the themes that you voted for, that'll be great too! At any rate, happy voting, and good luck!

Back