• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VPP DCC ☆ Ask questions & chat! *OLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyLurantis940

The Bug-type Impostor
Years
So... I have a question about the "points" section. I get that one of the sections is your post count, but if we have to change it, how would we calculate the points? For example, my number for Hatenna is 70, and I've made 398 posts. Or is that not how it works at all?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
So... I have a question about the "points" section. I get that one of the sections is your post count, but if we have to change it, how would we calculate the points? For example, my number for Hatenna is 70, and I've made 398 posts. Or is that not how it works at all?

Points are what you earm to completing Pokemon or during a VPP event. The Points are used to buy items from the Poke Mart.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hopefully everyone saw the new event (if you didn't go check now!)

And may I give a very heartfelt welcome to Dragon, who will be working with Caite, myself, and Meadow to make sure there's enough staff to keep up with everyone's VPP requests.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Welcome, Dragon!

...eugh, no, that feels so wrong

HI SHAWN ILY NICE TO HAVE U AS OFFICIAL STAFF AND NOT JUST INTERPRETING THINGS FOR ME

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Anyone up for a tag team? And yes, you can raise a tag team VPP while you're working on your current one!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I don't have any items or fancy stuff but if you want to do a regular one I would probably be up for it~ I don't know what you've done either so like... I'll pretty much do whatever. Thinking about the Ash-Kanto challenge so maybe Primape, Muk, Tauros, or Snorlax?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I don't have any items or fancy stuff but if you want to do a regular one I would probably be up for it~ I don't know what you've done either so like... I'll pretty much do whatever. Thinking about the Ash-Kanto challenge so maybe Primape, Muk, Tauros, or Snorlax?

Oooo I'd love to do Snorlax!! <3 I'll post it in the claim a VPP thread! :D

Also, we have decided that all three Pan-Monkeys qualify as a set, however, like all sets, only one VPP can be used towards a Challenge or Legendary. You'll need 300 posts to complete them all. :)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
yayyy snorlax! :D

also yess good to know about the monkeys~ they will be soon on my list >:D lmao i should CHILL

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
i will 100% be back in here with a list soon enough
Oooo I'd love to do Snorlax!! <3 I'll post it in the claim a VPP thread! :D
ok so like... questions. is this considered the same pokemon that we like, share custody of? or are we each essentially raising our own? real question: do you have a say in naming this guy

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
i will 100% be back in here with a list soon enough

ok so like... questions. is this considered the same pokemon that we like, share custody of? or are we each essentially raising our own? real question: do you have a say in naming this guy

You each raise it as your own but you BOTH have to finish it before it can be added to your stats.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
As for evolving numbers they were taken out long ago as it was just another number that wasn't really needed. It was more of a show number which is pretty much what the Hatch number is too.
So essentially I can at any point I like say that it evolves into a Furret? Like, halfway? And if a pokémon has 2 evolutions, such as Charmander, I can say it evolves whenver I feel like it?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
So essentially I can at any point I like say that it evolves into a Furret? Like, halfway? And if a pokémon has 2 evolutions, such as Charmander, I can say it evolves whenver I feel like it?

Pretty much. Back in the day we had numbers for each evolution stage and that was also back when it would take 400+ to complete one Pokémon. I think when it was brought to PXR they were dropped because it was just more unnecessary work than it needed to be. Unless you state that you don't want your Pokémon to evolve you will always be given the last stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back