• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VPP DCC ☆ Ask questions & chat! *OLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
ok so im looking at rules again and
"Completing a challenge will earn you ONE free Non-Legendary/Ultra Beast Pokémon."
does that act as a master pokemon, then, where I don't have to raise it? and also do gift pokemon count toward the master pokemon count- like would chonkychu &/or that challenge claim count towards "ten full vpps" to obtain a master pokemon?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Just like a Master and add to your total. The only ones that don't count towards a Master are the Master Pokémon you pick.

M1 P1 P2 P3 P4 P5 P6 P7 P8 P9 P10 M2 so on and so forth. Hope that makes sense...lol.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
We are in the works of trying to fix everything up and make it easier to understand. I'm thinking it may be to much in one thread and my feel overwhelming.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I think it's not so much that it's overwhelming (at least for me), I think it's that it was made and expanded upon many times in the past for and by people who already knew what was going on. So for people coming into this with no prior knowledge or reference points, it's pretty hard to follow some of the time. I had to have Shawn explain a lot of it to me before I even signed up, and that was with me going over the rules twice and being generally very good at parsing complicated things.

It's good to know you all are working on it! There are always things that need tweaking at the beginning after all~ I do like that Events has its own thread now, that's very helpful.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I think people see everything and think they HAVE to do everything and you don't. If all you want to do is raise Pokémon and nothing more than go for it. The only other thing you'd have to worry about is Legendaries because that's all it was when it first started out. When I got a hold of it I just slowly started adding things to make it less stale and give people more of a reason to raise them.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yeah, it just seems like a heck of a lot... people tend to be a bit completionist, but with so many challenges and badges that you can't re-use Pokémon to get, that's close to impossible. Especially since Pokémon actually require a LOT of posts to get done. When you think about it... a reasonable posting rate is maybe, 10 posts per day on the high end. For most people, who don't spam FG and PT. To raise a normal VPP at that rate, it's gonna take 17.5 days to do. If you bump your rate just a little, you can do 2 VPPs a month.

But. To get the full set of badges from a region, that takes 5 VPPs per badge for 8 badges, yeah? That's 40 total VPPs. Not counting events and Master Pokémon or whatever, that will take 20 months of dedicated posting to complete a set of badges. That's... kinda crazy, imo. Even just a regular challenge with 6 Pokémon takes 3 months to finish, and then you can't re-use them for any other challenge...

And again, thats on the high end of a reasonable post rate! I do have ideas about this but I'll leave it at that talking point for now!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
We're most likely scraping the Badges seeing as how no one has done any of them and it hasn't been out that long. I've been working on a medal idea to replace it and we're still working on the ribbons idea as well. As for the challenges...I mean that's the challenge of it right...lol.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'd like to clarify that maybe post count is a slight issue but that my main concern is the challenges and badges! There are a few ways to make them much more viable.

I like the way you have badges set up, requiring Pokémon from the region and of a certain type, but I think 5 is far too many. I would say like, two VPPs to get a badge, 50-ish points per badge, and whatever big reward from a full set that you want to give. I think that's much more viable and people would do them if they were more accessible! (I assume you can use Pokémon for both a badge requirement and a Challenge requirement? if not, that's a problem I'm addressing below as well.)

Challenges have a similar struggle I feel, but that's more to do with not being able to re-use Pokémon. There are too many challenges for that. My suggestion would be to keep them at 6 VPPs to complete but say okay, we have multiple categories of challenges. Category A is the anime-themed challenges, Category B is Multiple-Time Challenges, Category C is Forms, and Category D is Large Challenges, okay? So now you can use a Pokémon for a challenge in Category A and a challenge in Category B, but not for two Category B challenges. Does that make sense? I can talk about the rewards distribution as well at some point but this is the main thought here.

Bottom line: There's just too many challenges and they take too long to complete for people to be excited about. That's what needs fixin'.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm curious. The people who are struggling to understand this game: what about it is confusing you and how can we make it easier to understand for you?

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Yay, welcome, Dragon!! :D Glad to see another helping hand for the section!! ^^

I've already talked about this with Caite to an extent via PM, but would all the VPP staff be okay if members of my upcoming Nature Club can obtain all Grass and Bug-type Pokémon, along with certain themed Pokémon, for 150 points instead of 175? And 125 points for in-season Pokémon instead of 150? Here is the list of acceptable Pokémon Caite selected! https://pokedextracker.com/u/Caite_chan/outdoor-dex

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
first, another question- you put "- Subtract one Galar Stone" when you requested your Milcery- do we need the Galar Stones for any Galar Pokémon? I thought it was just forms?

I'm curious. The people who are struggling to understand this game: what about it is confusing you and how can we make it easier to understand for you?
Basically, there are a lot of questions I have like this one and the ones I've previously posted (and seen others post- "what to do with GMax Pika" is one that's gone by a lot). I think a start would be a clarification of terminologies- I got hung up on seeing for example:

"Q: Can I use a Pokémon as a requirement more than once?
A: Yes, yes you can. However, a Pokémon may not be re-used on the same set of requirements"

in the FAQ because that was presented to me before any explanation of what a requirement was, or what things needed prerequisites. And I still didn't quite know after continuing to read, because "requirement" could apply to challenges, badges, and special Pokémon- so there then needs to be clarification on how those work... probably before the FAQ, if we're being real here. I also think that everything pertaining to obtaining VPPs should be in their own thread; right now you have Legendary/Collectible/whatever and Seasonal and stuff in the "advanced" section, but I don't think that's really "advanced"- I think stuff like trading and challenges are def advanced stuff, but all the rules about obtaining should be together imo. And streamlined? It's just a LOT of information and I see that you guys have done your best to like, explain everything that could be thought of! But there's always stuff you didn't realize would be asked, and things that need more clarification than you thought, and things that need less words to explain, and better ways to organize all the information.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
first, another question- you put "- Subtract one Galar Stone" when you requested your Milcery- do we need the Galar Stones for any Galar Pokémon? I thought it was just forms?

-snip-

I was always under the impression that the items, unless marked otherwise like the Trade Cable or Mega Ring, were consumables that applied for any Alolan/Galarian Pokemon. Would be happy to be proven wrong though! Despite being staff, this whole section evolved from a tiny thread and even we have some learning to do as far as rules that may better serve a forum. Growing pains and such. (oT-T)尸

And I'm sure you've noticed we are working on revamping the guide(s) to be more linear and coherent. Please know that we are taking your suggestions to heart and will have something reasonable to show for it in good time! It's a bit of a complicated process making something this large as streamlined (and nice looking) as possible! :)

edit: sorry for the double notification!
edit 2: omg I can't spell help

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Alola and Galar Stones are just for the forms. So when Fairy and I did Galar Weezing we both needed one. 8f I wanted to do Alolan Sandshrew I would need one.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh so I get to keep my Galarian Stone then! G-Ponyta, here I come! >:D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So, every time I complete any challenge, like Ash Kanto team for example, I will get to choose a free pokemon that will already be fully raised? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back