• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VPP DCC ☆ Ask questions & chat! *OLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    What are the limitations of Alpha Pokemon? Can we request any Alpha we want, even if they're not found in L:A? Like, getting an Alpha Venusaur or Greninja or even regionals/legendaries/etc.?

Also, I realized I'm dumb. Should have read the requirements for nobles a little bit better, gdi. ^^"

Another thing: are Tag-Team Alphas a thing? If so then there'd be no point in choosing the regular version over them.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    What are the limitations of Alpha Pokemon? Can we request any Alpha we want, even if they're not found in L:A? Like, getting an Alpha Venusaur or Greninja or even regionals/legendaries/etc.?

Also, I realized I'm dumb. Should have read the requirements for nobles a little bit better, gdi. ^^"

Another thing: are Tag-Team Alphas a thing? If so then there'd be no point in choosing the regular version over them.

Ah managed to miss this sorry!

You can claim any Alpha Pokémon you want, but only the ones listed will apply towards a Noble Pokémon. Legendaries do not count for Alphas at the moment.. unless Nintendo does otherwise lol. But yes, you can request an "Alpha Omastar" despite the fact that it won't earn you a Noble. It would only count for the challenge.

Right now Alphas only apply for Club discounts, but since this process isn't perfectly finalized it could absolutely become a thing. We're currently beta testing this system for exactly the kinda of things you're bringing up, so all feedback is good! :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    They were made by Fairy. It's easier for me to remember too without having to always run into the rules to look for them.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oh good I'm glad people are enjoying it! ٩(ˊᗜˋ )و

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Can I request an Alpha as a reward for a challenge/gold medal/birthday/...? They are treated like a regular mon so it sounds like it's possible.

Also, you've listed Ursaring twice on the list of requirements for Lilligant.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Can I request an Alpha as a reward for a challenge/gold medal/birthday/...? They are treated like a regular mon so it sounds like it's possible.

Also, you've listed Ursaring twice on the list of requirements for Lilligant.
    Sure! They basically are just typical Pokémon, the only difference is they're a prerequisite for a Noble.

And thanks for letting me know! It should be a Hisuian Ursaring. I'll fix asap! :)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Ngl. Alphas confuse the heck out of me. Do I need an Alpha Stone for them or do I not? The guide doesn't seem to mention them. It just says you can just request them instead of a regular one. But then you also have Alpha Stones. And requesting an Alpha and suddenly being told you need one...

Good thing I still had enough points. ^^"

It's surprisingly complicated.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Ngl. Alphas confuse the heck out of me. Do I need an Alpha Stone for them or do I not? The guide doesn't seem to mention them. It just says you can just request them instead of a regular one. But then you also have Alpha Stones. And requesting an Alpha and suddenly being told you need one...

Good thing I still had enough points. ^^"

It's surprisingly complicated.
    Alpha Stones are required to "summon" an Alpha. What we meant by stating that "you want one", is that you literally have to mention in your post, "I want an Alpha Pokémon" or else that Alpha Stone in your inventory won't be used. We're not going to assume you want the Alpha variant of a Pokémon, if that makes sense!

But like I said before, these new features are still being tested and nothing is set in stone yet. If we decide to remove the required Alpha Stone, you will have your points reimbursed, for example. We're open to any feedback that you or anyone else would like to offer. :)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Maybe the "You're the Alpha!" challenge should give more than 500 points? Like, that's the same cost for a single Alpha Stone. And given that every other large challenge gives you more points than you have to spend (e.g. 10000 for the Mega one minus ~6000-8000 points for costs nets at least 2000 points plus).

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Maybe the "You're the Alpha!" challenge should give more than 500 points? Like, that's the same cost for a single Alpha Stone. And given that every other large challenge gives you more points than you have to spend (e.g. 10000 for the Mega one minus ~6000-8000 points for costs nets at least 2000 points plus).
    Haha, I do hear you, but don't forget this is a game! >:] Not everything is meant to be handed to you - and if you feel like you've not enough points for an Alpha Stone then perhaps you should consider prioritizing completing different challenges first, hm? Find a way to earn yourself some major points before tackling a Noble, ya know?

Either way, it's completely up to you and this just introduces a new and different dynamic way to consider when you're playing. Caite and I are just trying to make branching paths to the ultimate gotta catch 'em all challenge!

But, if users unanimously want Alpha Stones to be cheaper, or the Alpha challenge be worth more points, we are willing to negotiate. We're not NEEDLESSLY cruel, lmao!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    You know, I just realized that the feedback/suggestions thread isn't pinned anymore. ^^"

Anyway, suggestion: how about a VPP that can be requested anytime. No requirements, no items needed, just a regular Pokemon. But with a catch: it takes an insane amount of posts to complete (like, multiple 1000s of post). May or may not have had that idea through some random interaction. ;)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    You know, I just realized that the feedback/suggestions thread isn't pinned anymore. ^^"

Anyway, suggestion: how about a VPP that can be requested anytime. No requirements, no items needed, just a regular Pokemon. But with a catch: it takes an insane amount of posts to complete (like, multiple 1000s of post). May or may not have had that idea through some random interaction. ;)
    Oh yeah! We moved that to VPPs staff section so we could more easily access the feedback. Will post another one soon! :)

Hehehe, well, it would have to be a super special Pokémon. Something one could never get without, hmmm, glitching the system perhaps?
    Spoiler:
    What do ya think? No requirements or prerequisites, but it takes 7,262 posts to finish. That would be its base weight, 3,507lbs, plus all the number variables that appear through the Mew glitch with a Special stat in Red/Blue that can cause this MissingNo glitch to activate. You'd literally be hacking VPP, lol.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Oh yeah! We moved that to VPPs staff section so we could more easily access the feedback. Will post another one soon! :)

Hehehe, well, it would have to be a super special Pokémon. Something one could never get without, hmmm, glitching the system perhaps?
    Spoiler:
    What do ya think? No requirements or prerequisites, but it takes 7,262 posts to finish. That would be its base weight, 3,507lbs, plus all the number variables that appear through the Mew glitch with a Special stat in Red/Blue that can cause this MissingNo glitch to activate. You'd literally be hacking VPP, lol.
    Sure, do it! I'll request it next time when I'm done with my current one. And you better follow up on it! ;)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hello, I have a quick question.
    Whenever it's time for my VPP to evolve do I have to ask for it's evolution or no?
    Nope! It's just auto evolved and at level 100 by the time you're ready to get your next one. :) But some people like to be creative with their breeder stats threads and show the egg / basic form / next stage of the Pokémon before finalizing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back