• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

A crossover between two regions? Interesting idea! But that won't work that easily as Gen II, in which Kanto and Johto lie adjacent to each other. Still, the same is done in FRLG with the Sevii Islands. But the question then is: which one is the starting one?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Hmm, interesting - what did they actually say about Z? Do you have a link to the interview? I'm sure there must be a sequel of some kind coming given the whole Thousand Arrows thing but I'm interested to see what they've said haha.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

That doesn't exclude possibilities of an X2 and Y2. Kyurem was the third legendary in the fifth generation trio and didn't get his own game, but still got new forms in the remakes of Black and White.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

But Gen V was supposed to be different from others, and whatms more different than changing the game order? :0 So I can't see that happening in this Gen, I think it will be Z. Mostly because X and Y are 2D plane coordinants, whereas Z is the third 3D cooridinant. And aren't those games in 3D? :P

blue

gucci
    Years

They never exactly said there's not going to be a Pokémon Z, but they hinted it would probably be something unexpected.
    "For example, if after Black and White we came out with a grey, people would have been expecting that," he said. "Same thing with X/Y and having a Z straight afterwards. So we're always just trying to surprise people. -- Masuda"

Either way, it's fun to speculate what they have planned next! ;p

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Haha, I'd just be happy if it was green. xD If we do get some sort of Emerald remake, I would better darn hope for Trainer Customization. =P

Oh, and I think I remember seeing that interview somewhere!

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    @Squirrel PUMPKABOO SORRY

I don't know if I saw that interview, but it sounds like something he'd say. I JUST HOPE THAT WHATEVER IT IS WE GET ANSWERS FOR LUMIOUS/MT PYRE GHOST GIRL. SERIOUSLY. PLEASE.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    *yawns*
    Good morning....what are we talking about nowz? :D

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years

Blargh, idk. I just finished writing something for a RP that lasted muuuuch longer than i thought it would. My back hurts.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    well now we're pumpkaboo brother ladies

An Emerald remake seems unlikely, but so did Black2/White2. A Kanto remake is a heads/tails situation, I don't think there would need to be one but some people have some good reasoning for a Yellow remake or wven another Red/Blue/Green remake on the 3DS. Honestly I'd love a 3D Yellow remake. :D I don't think they'd follow up with a X2/Y2 thing after Gen V, but I'm still 99% sure there will be a Z version or something of the like with Zygarde as the mascot legendary!

blue

gucci
    Years

Now a Kanto remake would be interesting. Since FRLG were released alongside Ruby & Sapphire, it makes you wonder whether they would be released alongside the Ruby & Sapphire Remakes. Obviously there are so many reasons against another Kanto Remake, but you just don't know with Game Freak!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    It wont be a remake it may be pokemon Z though as well as a different gen with new pokes. I have to wonder if Z will be like platinum or could it add on to the story of Xy?

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    Judging from pre-Gen V it would be like Platinum, but I think it would be so much funner as a story addon! Of course then a lot of people waiting for a third 'better upgraded' version to come out. :/

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

I don't know what to expect in the remake but I just hope it isn't like BW2 - that was a huuuge disappointment. Such dull concepts for games :(

blue

gucci
    Years

I think Black 2/White 2 are great, they vastly improved on Black & White which in my opinion aren't the best Pokémon games to date. I like how they expanded the Region Pokedex to 300, add new Cities, characters etc.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

An I the ony one who enjoyed being limited to so many Pokemon I've never used before? Like, that's probably in the top 5 reasons why I loved BW so much. I have teams that almost look exactly the same usually but in White, man my team looked way different and much cooler. :0

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back