• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today

They'll probably deal with Gardevoir or Clefairy handling Dragon-types better the same way that they explain everything else that changes between generations: "Oh, must be the new type! Let's move on and not discuss this!"

Birb jokes are great for the bird rights activist Twitter account.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

But there's still the remakes that would make them different, Hoenn Gardevoir are suddenly different too! dont even mention the alternate timeline thing i dislike it even if its canon just bleh As well as future remakes and games, you can bet Sun and Moon will still have naturally occurring Faries like Johto on had Darks and Steels!

magicarp4thewin

Lv19 Magikarp, wonder what happens next?
    Years
    Just the mention of fairy types makes me wanna cry T_T (big dragon type lover) but I wonder about the execution of the type...would've been better to rearrange the releases so x/y came after Or/As and leave faries out of the remakes, that way we can avoid the question of "why wasn't my gardevoir a beast like this the first time?!" If that makes sense.

Years

They'll probably deal with Gardevoir or Clefairy handling Dragon-types better the same way that they explain everything else that changes between generations: "Oh, must be the new type! Let's move on and not discuss this!"

Birb jokes are great for the bird rights activist Twitter account.

I can't stop watching Meowth! Too cute!

I like Fairy-types, though I am embarrassed to admit I was bemused to see Snubbull and Granbull had been changed to Fairy... until I saw they literally are the Fairy Pokemon! I really need to pay attention to a lot more Pokemon!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I like the Fairy Type and am currently doing a Fairy Monotype at the moment.

The Fairy typing helped make some Pokemon like Mawile relevant again and gave Gardevoir an excellent boost. Fairy might be knocked for being strong against Dragons particularly but Dragon Type needed nerfing.

Whilst some popular Pokémon (Like Hydreigon) got hit hard by this change Fairy Type is a very welcome addition to the games.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years

I will say that I'm pretty okay with Fairy Types. I don't have any major opinion on them as I look at them the same way I did when Dark and Steel types were introduced. It's just to help keep things balanced. It could have been better for sure but it also could've been better. Overall, I think its a good addition and I'm a big fan of how adorable Swirlix and Slurpuff are, so theres that XD

There is also that time where it took my entire team plus like 4 revives to beat a Mega Gardevoir.

Never load up on Fighting and Dragon types for your team kids ;)

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

I don't have anything against the fairy type, except that there's not a lot of really cool Pokémon with that type besides the Ralts line and Klefki. It was a fair addition for rebalancing the game for dragon, but also poison and steel. And actually it makes perfect sense. In old legends and stories, dragons are regularly slain by fairies or pixies.

You've got a point, but I'm mostly just confused at all the continuity errors that the type changes (to existing Pokémon) can cause, haha. Like, what if a Pokémon like Gardevoir or Clefairy got hit by a Dragon-type attack in the anime or manga before Generation VI? How will they explain that? xP

Actually, the sixth generation is in some sort of parallel universe. They explained it in XY's story line, I believe, but I can't give you the details because spoilers. However... it's not the first time things are retconned like that. I remember the old games in which you could conveniently Earthquake the hell out of Gengar. 8)

magicarp4thewin

Years
    [S-HIGHLIGHT][/S-HIGHLIGHT]
    Dragon Type needed nerfing..
    Personally I was hoping electric types would get a bit of a hit when I first heard there was a new type xD dragons weren't that great over all if we're being honest, mainly good against the starter types (water,fire,grass) but usually by the time you find them you already have at least one way to counter them...as well as the only type advantage they had was their own type...move pools were amazing but so are some normal types lol, nerf those next IMO :P

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Personally I was hoping electric types would get a bit of a hit when I first heard there was a new type xD dragons weren't that great over all if we're being honest, mainly good against the starter types (water,fire,grass) but usually by the time you find them you already have at least one way to counter them...as well as the only type advantage they had was their own type...move pools were amazing but so are some normal types lol, nerf those next IMO :P

I haven't paid enough attention to the metagame for me to talk about Dragon-types, but I, too, was also hoping for Electric-types to get a new weakness. xD

magicarp4thewin

Years
    Lol, I was never really the metagame type, only did it here and there, but from what I saw there was actually very few (non legendary) dragons being used

Meadow

Years

Ah, is that so? I can probably guess that Garchomp was one of the few, but I surprisingly haven't heard too much about Dragonite in the metagame.

Speaking of Dragonite, do you think it will ever receive a Mega Evolution? I can already imagine its Mega Stone being called a "Dragonite-nite" or something, hehe.

magicarp4thewin

Years
    XD I don't think he should, I mean he's already a great Pokemon as is (besides I love those cute little wings and mega would probably mean scary wings >.<) main dragons I saw were garchomp,hydreigon,salamence, and goodra, I'm disappointed more people don't use dragonite tbh ;_;

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    [S-HIGHLIGHT][/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Whilst I have not played a lot of the Metagame numerous Dragons were overpowered pre Gen 6 notably Garchomp. Whilst it's true that Ice Beam will tear through most Dragon types the added Fairy weakness is welcome even if it means I can't just use Outrage with Haxorus on everything anymore. :):0

Normal Types? Stoutland is a Pokémon I had fun using in Gen 5 and Sawsbuck (Normal/Grass) hit everything hard in my Unova Grass Monotype.

And Yes to a Mega Dragonite, considering a stack of other Gen 1 Pokémon got them. Seriously Pinsir got one but not Lance's Pokémon?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today

Audino is decent, along with Cinccino. And can't forget about Braviary!

I'm tempted to do a Normal monotype run on my current play through of White.

Meadow

Years

Speaking of Normal-types, do you guys think Poison would make a reasonable weakness for it? A lot of Normal-type Pokémon are mammals, and I think mammals wouldn't do so well if they got poisoned, y'know?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back