• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

I have to admit I've never played Snap, but I think it's really cool they're remaking old games. I really want to see remakes of the old Pokémon Trading Card Game Game and if possible some newer versions of it. I know there's the TCG Online now, but I also want to see play some more in the pre-Gen V era (before they started to break everything. :()
    I dunno. I think the new Pokémon games are all way too soft anyway. Like, poison no longer hurts your Pokémon outside of battles, what's the point of that?! They should really fix this bug in Sun and Moon.

Wait am I seeing doubles or are you... a ninja? :ooo

Anyway, if Pokémon Snap was released for the eShop, I surely hope you can actually save your pictures on an SD card or something!

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years

I'm curious, do you guys think that GameFreak will make another Kanto remake? I've been pondering it for some time now, it could be possible with all the new stuff that's being added, like mega evolution.

And how did our ghosts change into ninjas?! *points to thread title*

Meadow

Years

I'm curious, do you guys think that GameFreak will make another Kanto remake? I've been pondering it for some time now, it could be possible with all the new stuff that's being added, like mega evolution.

That's a good question. xD If they did decide to do re-remakes, then this would be their first. What if the next handheld system is strong enough to support both Kanto and Johto remakes in the same game? The only problem I see is that it would be tricky to implement more than one main character, so I kinda doubt they would do that.

Alternatively, instead of re-remakes, what if they just made Kanto accessible in a new game, but with a completely different story? So many possibilities, haha.

And how did our ghosts change into ninjas?! *points to thread title*

Maybe you're just seeing things. xD When in doubt, just blame Lycan.

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years

That's a good question. xD If they did decide to do re-remakes, then this would be their first. What if the next handheld system is strong enough to support both Kanto and Johto remakes in the same game? The only problem I see is that it would be tricky to implement more than one main character, so I kinda doubt they would do that.
    Well, they could make a Johto re-remake, with Johto & Kanto in it. :S

Spoiler:

Meadow

Years

Well, they could make a Johto re-remake, with Johto & Kanto in it. :S

Very true, unless they feel that their hardware is powerful enough for 3+ regions. :D

Spoiler:

OMG that spoiler chain was so intense, haha. But yeah, it's totally his fault. xD

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

I kind of hope they're not going to make an actual remake. Kanto was pretty boring in my opinion, there weren't a lot of interesting locations really. While RSE completely lacked a post-game story (wow, one entire Battle Tower and a Rayquaza to catch) that could be fixed in the remakes, FRLG added an entire group of extra islands already. I don't think adding more landmass would be a good idea.

Uhm... can you explain me again how exactly I'm able to change this thread's topic?

Meadow

Years

You've got a point! I'd personally like to see another multi-region game, and I guess they can include Kanto in that game if they want to!

Uhm... can you explain me again how exactly I'm able to change this thread's topic?

With your evil Sandshrew powers. xD I think everyone was hallucinating yesterday. This thread's title is intact, you see! :D

Years

I think I prefer it when they stick to one region, especially if it's a new region as including another region kinda detracts from the exploration or uniqueness of the new game/region.

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years

I see what you mean Spoony, but what if it was a new region, plus and old one? I think that'll be kind of cool. You explore a new region, and feel the nostalgia of an old one.

This is my 800th post!

Last edited:
    Years

I am still reeling over Pokenchi trolling us... CoroCoro will at least attempt to make up by hopefully giving us actual new information.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

I think I prefer it when they stick to one region, especially if it's a new region as including another region kinda detracts from the exploration or uniqueness of the new game/region.

^ This. More regions can be fun, but seeing how it was done in GSC/HGSS... Kanto was pretty bland, the Gym Leaders were no challenge at all and you could travel through the region in basically no time. Sinnoh on the other hand, had an amazing post-game. While that island wasn't technically a second region (I don't think it even has a name), it felt like there was a lot more content than in Kanto.

I am still reeling over Pokenchi trolling us... CoroCoro will at least attempt to make up by hopefully giving us actual new information.

It was disappointing for sure, but I don't think they said anything about revealing anything. Ah well, we'll just have to wait until for CoroCoro. What we do have is:
    https://www.smogon.com/articles/leaked-sun-moon

I'd say, give it a read. It shows some really cool information about Zygarde's other formes. :D

With your evil Sandshrew powers. xD I think everyone was hallucinating yesterday. This thread's title is intact, you see! :D

Sandshrew for PT mod?

Years

It was disappointing for sure, but I don't think they said anything about revealing anything. Ah well, we'll just have to wait until for CoroCoro. What we do have is:
    https://www.smogon.com/articles/leaked-sun-moon

I'd say, give it a read. It shows some really cool information about Zygarde's other formes. :D

Our very own Nica aka Forever actually worked on that article (skylight is her Smogon username).

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years

I suppose you were right about Kanto being a bit bland, and Sinnoh being really cool. That postgame island was really cool with awesome new Pokemon to encounter and even a couple little minor stories that, at least to me, kept a person's interest to want to keep playing and exploring.

Years

My Water-type club had been struggling in activity as of late, which is making me want to consider bringing back Water Pokemon of the Week to the club. Thankfully I can do a lot given how huge the type is.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday

Kanto in GSC/HGSS was exceptionally disappointing. It was also obnoxious trying to catch wild Pokemon from Kanto because they were all at their RBY levels, but the trainers in the area were at comparable levels to your own. So you'd be fighting level 30 trainers and level 2 Pidgey on the same route.

GSC/HGSS had a few problems with levels.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back