• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts...

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years

Late to the party, but:
Spoiler:

Oof, this seems to be a common answer. Didn't think I'd get it given the responses I gave.

That aside, I agree with the whole living near coast thing. I may not be living right next to it, but fairly close ish to the coast, but living in a state where hurricanes are a thing, I hadn't realized until this last major hurricane that they can be as deadly as others have recounted. Having been one of the ones that stayed and hunkered down despite being in the path of the storm, I can attest to the horrifying sounds these things manage to create. Lasted a few hours due to how it slowed down over our area.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years

I just stumbled across this thread, found out about that 'what Pokemon are you?' quiz, and just had to give it a try! I got this:

I've taken a few 'personality tests' in my day, but this one's result is the most scarily accurate one I've ever got lol. 0_0

Charcadet121

Emotional Warrior of Justice
Days

Why is this game dead? If no one responds to this within 3 hours I will post again, rinse and repeat. 😕

Years

Arctozolt is the only Galarian fossil I find tolerable. I very strongly dislike the other 3.

Came across this image of the Galarian fossils, where someone made normally restored versions as well as versions where we see the other halves:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today

I've never really thought much about the Galar fossils. I know there's a irl reason on why they ended up like this, though.

Citra La Magicienne

The Most Inconsistent Forum Poster
Years

This is actually something I think is interesting and knew about prior to gen 8 and love the g8 fossils because of it.
They're all mixed up because in early paleontology, that's what tended to happen- an arm bone doesn't look too different from a leg bone idea, especially when it's from creatures you've NEVER seen before. So a LOT of dino fossils got shuffled up here and there because they just kinda seemed to fit and it was the best we could do.
However, there were some other things that led to problems here- people wanted to get fossils together quickly for moneymaking purposes. There's a big thing that happened called the Bone Wars that basically is this whole thing in a nutshell, but it was more in the US if I remember correctly so I don't think that was the direct inspiration. TL;DR on it, two guys who started collecting fossils went all out against each other in sabotaging, straight up destruction of fossils, and many other underhanded ways.
You can see this reckless attitude with the fossil reviver in SWSH, aptly named, ofc, "Cara Lisa", playing on that she is completely not putting anything into reviving these little dudes and just wants to get it done for one reason or another.

:D

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now

I have a soft spot for the weirder looking fossil pokemon like Omastar and Cradily.

Back