• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wellness check!

Years
    Hey everynyan, as we know there seems to be no end in sight so far for the pandemic. It causes a lot of stress on people, especially those who lost their jobs, family members, etc

So I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread dedicated to reassurance, sharing our stories and possibly advice. So how is everyone doing? Have you found some effective coping techniques? How are you with all the restrictions and rules in place?

Personally, my step father was in the hospital and caught pneumonia, he's had it before. It's kind of sad that we were like oh thank god it's not COVID, as if pneumonia isn't bad at all.

I'm okay. Have had very stressed out days where I was depressed because I was supposed to travel to see my partner in May but couldn't, but more often than not it's tolerable. We're planning on traveling to a country that allows us to enter sometime in maybe December, stay for the required 10+ days (and get a covid test done while there), then fly back to his country where I should be able to stay for 3-6 months. they don't allow US citizens to enter so I can't go directly and have to do these workarounds. hope it works out. :(

cases are going up again as predicted, which is worrying... this is definitely the worst year of many of our lives so far

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    The pandemic has been a challenge as I live with my grandma and there is always the underlying worry of whether she will be safe or not. Her visa expires in November and she wants to return to China but there's a lot of difficulty regarding who will travel with her and complete the mandatory quarantine. We are super fortunate to have had no local community transmissions for over a week now and in comparison to the rest of the world, I would say we are doing much better in that I can see the pandemic no longer affecting our country within a short-term future (by next year even?)

I think life has been different for certain though. I've been doing online uni almost the entire year and it was a hard adjustment at first. But I think quarantine has brought a lot of change to my life that I would consider even after the pandemic - I realised how good exercise was for my mental health and I also grew a lot better at making myself happy by virtue of spending so much time alone. I also think the pandemic has given me time to reflect on a lot of the relationships in my life and how much I value them - I've cut some people off, distanced from others, grown closer and prioritised the people I care about. Honestly I do feel like this is the year I've grown most as a person even if it isn't too apparent to others. I think transitioning to a new phase of my life (starting uni) + coping with the pandemic was a huge adjustment at first but I would say I'm managing it OK. My heart does go out to everyone who has been a lot more affected though, I consider myself extremely lucky to be OK at the moment.

The pandemic has been a challenge as I live with my grandma and there is always the underlying worry of whether she will be safe or not. Her visa expires in November and she wants to return to China but there's a lot of difficulty regarding who will travel with her and complete the mandatory quarantine. We are super fortunate to have had no local community transmissions for over a week now and in comparison to the rest of the world, I would say we are doing much better in that I can see the pandemic no longer affecting our country within a short-term future (by next year even?)

I think life has been different for certain though. I've been doing online uni almost the entire year and it was a hard adjustment at first. But I think quarantine has brought a lot of change to my life that I would consider even after the pandemic - I realised how good exercise was for my mental health and I also grew a lot better at making myself happy by virtue of spending so much time alone. I also think the pandemic has given me time to reflect on a lot of the relationships in my life and how much I value them - I've cut some people off, distanced from others, grown closer and prioritised the people I care about. Honestly I do feel like this is the year I've grown most as a person even if it isn't too apparent to others. I think transitioning to a new phase of my life (starting uni) + coping with the pandemic was a huge adjustment at first but I would say I'm managing it OK. My heart does go out to everyone who has been a lot more affected though, I consider myself extremely lucky to be OK at the moment.

covid is an absolutely horrible thing, but I'm glad you've been able to get a somewhat positive learning experience from it so far. hopefully that continues!

I've been consistent with exercising for the most part too, and it's definitely helped my mental health. still, unfortunately the present has been more harsh on my mental health than the first few months of the pandemic, but I'm hoping it eases up soon.

Years
    I make sure to take a lot of vitamins and iron, since I lack it in my diet.

I also wear a mask everywhere, though it's required by law, if we have visitors I wear one.

On the other hand, the pressure is on me to get better quicker and get permanent employment as my mom is no longer able to work. I have a degree, so I'm hoping I can make my family secure,

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I got covid after a weekend party 2 weeks ago.. I didn't expect it but now the only thing I wish - fast recovery.

Years
    • Seen today
    Our area had a massive spike in cases and is at an all time high. They decided to open movie theaters and bars at 75% capacity, and also schools. It all felt premature, and now the governor is backing up on all the openings and reducing capacity again. Schools being open only lasted a couple weeks, then covid spread through them and forced our schools back into closure.

I've been personally okay. general anxiety disorder has been the only major problem for me, but through this entire pandemic I only had one panic attack. My family understands it so I was able to talk with everybody through a group chat. I also like browsing through here, since I enjoy the presence of this place.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm sort of distance-social normally so it hasn't been too hard for me. But I have been able to meet my partner often and my coworkers (since I had to go into work still) and also family carefully a few times. Had I had to self-isolate for more than a week at a time I'd gone insane and depressed.

I do need people. Even if physical contact is scarce these days, seeing a real face smile at you and talk with you helps a lot.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
    My dad was tested positive on Corona a while back, tested myself but thankfully that ended up negative.

I've gone coo coo during quarantine, been working at home, sitting at home all by my lonesome and it's getting exhausting. So far so good still but god knows how long I can last D:

Back