• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What animal would you like to see a starter based on?

Years
We've had 9 whole generations of starter Pokémon now, and lots of animals have been used as their basis. Some animals have even been used as inspiration multiple times!

What animals would you like to see as inspiration for a starter?

Days
1. Tigers are among the lesser used animals. Incineroar comes to mind, but he looks more like WWE wrestler than a tiger !

2. Rhinoceros should also be considered. Rhyhorn lines comes to mind, but that's gen-I/IV thing.....

3. Camel 🐫 🐪. They have two varieties so Toxtricity like idea can be considered as well.

4. Peacock 🦚. Ho-Oh is related sometimes, and Quaquaval resembles a bit, but not good as it is based around duck.

Lizards, Reptiles, dogs, cats are very common, so they should be avoided I feel. Cockroach is only represented by Pheromosa.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Perhaps a nice eagle or falcon? Would be a little different. Edit: Or a griffon or a phoenix. Forgot about mythological creatures.

Cannot think of much else. Feels torn between wanting more cats and wanting something more unique.

Last edited:

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
I do think we've been missing a dolphin Pokemon for too long and while Finizen/Palafin are cool, I feel like it's a missed opportunity to not have a Water starter based off a dolphin. They're very intelligent animals and tend to get along well with humans, so I think it'd be really fitting for a Pokemon meant to be your partner.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Lets just go full human and have a Jynx/Cinderace abomination of a creature.

Back