• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are the things you immediately do after beating the game?

Years
  • As what the title says, what are the things/rituals you usually do IMMEDIATELY after beating the game? This doesn't include saving the game (of course you'll have to save your game.lol). You can be general like starting to breed Overpowered pokemon or be specific like visiting a certain city and spend your hard earned cash to pokemon fashion.

I'm just curious if a lot of pokemon players tend to pursue catching all of the pokemon available in that area and finish everything the game offers or just leave it in the cabinet after beating the game or you're more like to start a new save file and construct a different team/strategy compared to your previous one?

As for me, I tend to leave it in the cabinet after beating the game. But this time, I'll try to breed pokemon and join competitive gaming. How about you guys?

pkmin3033

If there are postgame activities to be done, I tend to dive into those. I like to go on a bit of a Legendary hunt after I've beaten the Elite Four and Champion, just to get it out of the way. After that, or if that isn't an option...I start trying to fill out my dex, from the beginning. The long grind begins.

Years
  • Like Meloetta, I do all the post-game activities if there are any available, and I go on a Legendary hunting spree. I also make a goal to level up my team completely, and if it isn't filled out already, the Pokédex! Sometimes I plan out a team that I think would be fun to try out and I begin the very long and grueling process of breeding, haha.

Breeding definitely keeps me busy, especially when I'm planning on breeding a whole team. So I seem to always have something to do. That said, it does and has gotten pretty boring. So if that's ever the case, I bring my Pokemon's affection to the max if it isn't at that already. :)

In X/Y and OR/AS, my friends and I did the Battle Maison together, often times just for the sake of showing off our Pokémon to each other. {XD}

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    i get really bored with the postgame so i typically just save and end it right there. unless it's the first playthrough i'll try it out

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Whatever post-game content there is to complete. Then breed stuff if I obtained any interesting Pokemon during the initial playthrough. Transfer older Pokemon from the bank if needed.

Get my min/max fix and then whatever else comes to mind, either stopping the play, replaying an older game, or just do something else (usually the latter).

Years
  • Immediately after the League, I run around the region and collect any legendary that I haven't caught. Then comes competitive stuff and such. If there's some sort of end-game trainer or post game walkthrough, I'll do that before competitive.

Years
  • Other than the post game content and competitive stuff, I like to play the mini-games.
    Before Voltorb Flip, I abused the Slots.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Normally I immediately start breeding and EV training for a competitive team. The Battle Facilities are a common destination for me as well, mainly in order to gather up some battle points to purchase useful competitive items.

I don't often go for Pokedex completion, but I'm doing it in Omega Ruby for the first time in a while, since I've already done enough competitive breeding and team building in Y, I figured I'd do something different for OR :P

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Mainly completing National Dex, Battle Facility challenges, EV training, competitive breeding. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2015
    If there is no after game content, I generally like to go and make a secondary team since sometimes I am let down with how my first one turned out.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Normally I'll go on a legendary hunt and start competitively training and breeding. Although, the game does eventually find its way in my game bag to sit for the rest of eternity, since I do most of my battling on Showdown. I'm not as consistent with taking time to breed like I should be.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Immediately after defeating champion, I go look for any post-game tasks, if there's any, and try completing them. Once I'm done, I then start capturing a few Pokémon here and there, and put my hands on building myself a solid team so I'd be able to go online and do some battling (of course, we could take part in matches with anything we choose, but I prefer to go with something I'm comfortable with; something that generally makes battling easy).

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2015
    I don't really do the post-game unless it has something unique and rewarding to it. So usually I quit, sometimes I play a bit longer but usually when I do that I get bored quickly enough.

Years
  • go to whatever "battle tower" of variation of such that the particular version have and keep battling and swapping out pokemon til i find a team i'm really satisfied with. Farm for TMs i couldn't get throughout game. Then train them all to 100.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I normally go right after completing my Dex (main version) and getting version-exclusives if I haven't already on the other version. In any version I round up the legendaries/in-game events that I can aswell. Then just pick up the last items/TM's I missed :)

Back