• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What are you currently doing with the GBA titles?

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
  • Maybe you are re-playing to get hyped for remakes, or doing post-Elite 4 tasks? Maybe playing them for the first time? I'd love to know what everyone is doing with their 3rd gen gems. Share and discuss :D

For me, I've been working on fnishing my first and only playthrough of R/S/E and Fr/Lg before remakes and my main goal of transfering all my Pokemon to 6th gen. Got Emerald and Firered a few years back, then slowly got Ruby and Sapphire. Still have to start Leafgreen for the exclusives. Finding quite a lot to do besides just fnishing the Pokedex, Battle Frontier, Contests (only doing them in Ruby with my anime May themed team), among other things. 3rd Generation titles are my favorite and I've enjoyed every moment of playing them :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't have any physical copy of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, sadly, but I do have them downloaded into my computer, which I decide to play every once in a while.

Currently, however, I'm sort of trying to keep myself away from them, considering that Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are going to be released in a couple of more months. Their main plot is going to be exactly same (or at least very close) to their original versions, so if I do decide to play original RSE now, I feel that I won't be able to enjoy ORAS as much. If only it weren't for that!

Years
  • Earlier this year, my copies of Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald were all returned to me by my brother after quite a few years of me thinking I had lost them forever. However, I really don't touch them anymore. Same with my copies of FireRed and LeafGreen; I still have both of those games lying around, but I don't touch them at all.

Years
  • I've been meaning to play my GBA titles for some challenge related matters, but I haven't had time for them, either that or i've chosen to play the later games first.

But maybe after i've completed something on ORAS I may go back to Emerald and see how it compares.

Years
  • I sadly haven't touched my Hoenn games in 6 years, and I may not go back to them anytime soon since I'll likely play through Hoenn again once I get OR/AS later on in the year.

Not that I've lost interest, I just want to wait for the remakes.

gnmmarechal

Hurricane the Blaziken
    Years
  • Maybe you are re-playing to get hyped for remakes, or doing post-Elite 4 tasks? Maybe playing them for the first time? I'd love to know what everyone is doing with their 3rd gen gems. Share and discuss :D

For me, I've been working on fnishing my first and only playthrough of R/S/E and Fr/Lg before remakes and my main goal of transfering all my Pokemon to 6th gen. Got Emerald and Firered a few years back, then slowly got Ruby and Sapphire. Still have to start Leafgreen for the exclusives. Finding quite a lot to do besides just fnishing the Pokedex, Battle Frontier, Contests (only doing them in Ruby with my anime May themed team), among other things. 3rd Generation titles are my favorite and I've enjoyed every moment of playing them :)
    I am re-playing them, on my GBA SP. I love them. And I also started a series on youtube called Waiting for Omega: Pokémon Ruby Let's Play. I only made 3 episodes of 30 minutes each, I didn't have much time for more.

Years
  • Re-playing them.

Sapphire- As my first Pokemon game, its standing still in my Nintendo DS Lite case having all the cool Pokes.

Emerald- I just recently finished it, I needed it mainly to clone EVERYTHING bwahahhahaha. lol, but really, All the legendaries and MASTERBALL were begging me to be cloned. They still are lol.
    Also, I am planning to SS for Shiny Rayquaza so that's nice.

Fire red- finished it but will go back to it for Mewtwo and whatnot.

Leafgreen- in German so yeah, no.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I still haven't finished Emerald but I really want to, as I want to experience the difference between that story and Ruby's story xD With Aqua and Magma having different roles I mean.

Also I nearly finished LeafGreen but not quite yet. I'm working slooooooowly on it :p I want to check out Sevii Islands since I've never gotten there before.

Yep, I sure am no hardcore gamer xD

Years
  • The batteries on my Ruby and Sapphire died years ago, so now all I have is FireRed, which one of my least favorite games in the series so it's currently gathering dust in my room somewhere. I've also let one of my friends borrow my GBA charger, so I couldn't play it even if I wanted to.

The price of Emerald seems to finally be going down, so I might look into getting it and playing it after the remakes.

pkmin3033

Emerald is sitting in my Gameboy Micro; I have five badges and I may or may not go back to it eventually...ORAS were announced shortly before I stopped playing it, and I haven't picked it up again yet. Ruby is a storage game that's been gutted; everything worth mentioning has been transferred to the fourth gen games (and some all the way up to the sixth since then) and it's gathering dust somewhere. I think my mum still has Sapphire; that was her game. She definitely has Leaf Green, and my copy of Fire Red hasn't been touched for at least a year now...I had three badges on the current file, I think.

Years
  • I'm currently doing randomizers on Ruby and Sapphire. As for LeafGreen, that's been sitting untouched for about 3 months now.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Re-playing them.

Sapphire- As my first Pokemon game, its standing still in my Nintendo DS Lite case having all the cool Pokes.

Emerald- I just recently finished it, I needed it mainly to clone EVERYTHING bwahahhahaha. lol, but really, All the legendaries and MASTERBALL were begging me to be cloned. They still are lol.
    Also, I am planning to SS for Shiny Rayquaza so that's nice.

Fire red- finished it but will go back to it for Mewtwo and whatnot.

Leafgreen- in German so yeah, no.

The DS Lite is the perfect system for playing the GBA games. Nice and bright with no glare, love that thing <3

lol How did you end up with a German Leafgreen? :P Sounds fun XD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I haven't been doing a damn thing recently, however I was supposed to be doing my Halloween challenge on my French Sapphire. Whoops. :( I would like to get through the game before ORAS comes out next month though. But it likely won't be on the Halloween challenge. I know, shame on me.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I transferred all of my wanted Pokemon from Emerald and Sapphire to my XY version, and they await transfer to my future copy of Alpha Sapphire. :D

I will probably play Pokemon Ruby sometime, as my brother has it but he doesn't really play it that often so he might let me borrow it. I would like to play through the original sometime.

Years
  • The DS Lite is the perfect system for playing the GBA games. Nice and bright with no glare, love that thing <3

lol How did you end up with a German Leafgreen? :P Sounds fun XD

Ikr! And no batteries needed! :D

The guy who sold me GBA also game me LG in German and Sapphire in English.
    I also have Silver in German lol. nope. xD

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I transferred all of my wanted Pokemon from Emerald and Sapphire to my XY version, and they await transfer to my future copy of Alpha Sapphire. :D

I will probably play Pokemon Ruby sometime, as my brother has it but he doesn't really play it that often so he might let me borrow it. I would like to play through the original sometime.

Haha that's my goal before the remakes release. Have them ready on XY to go back to Hoenn :3 Ironic, huh? xD

The original Ruby is really charming, contests gave me a good laugh too :3 "Koygre is beautifull!" xD

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • The batteries on my Ruby and Sapphire died years ago, so now all I have is FireRed, which one of my least favorite games in the series so it's currently gathering dust in my room somewhere. I've also let one of my friends borrow my GBA charger, so I couldn't play it even if I wanted to.

The price of Emerald seems to finally be going down, so I might look into getting it and playing it after the remakes.

Yikes, R & S died completely? :O Normally the battery dieing just means no berries, but still shinies as far as I'm aware of (how I got shiny Trapinch :3 )

Years
  • I am replaying my Pokemon Sapphire version on GBA SP to get keen for Alpha Sapphire, I have been waiting soooo long for these remakes and now there is less than a month to go! It is truly a wonderful time in which we are living.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
  • So. My GBA Tiles.

POKEMON RUBY - Still play on it and even by POKEMON RUBY RENEV I upgrade them.
    POKEMON EMERALD - Taking now challenges of Battle Frontier.
    POKEMON FIRE RED - Stuck in Sevi Isle sidequest.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I am replaying my Pokemon Sapphire version on GBA SP to get keen for Alpha Sapphire, I have been waiting soooo long for these remakes and now there is less than a month to go! It is truly a wonderful time in which we are living.
    IKR? I've wanted these remakes before HG/SS. 16 more DAYS! :D

Back