• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing? V4

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
  • I kept hearing too much about it and someone told me about a demo and I luckily found it.

I played the Nier Automata demo last night. How come no one told me about this game before now? lol. That was probably the most fun I've had playing a game since I played the Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

Expect me to to play the full version at some point in the future. Eventually. in a year in 2021. lol

Here are some more games I keep hearing about so feel free to try your best to recommend and/or convince me to get them. I already tried looking for some demos for them.

Hollow Knight (no demo. It's listed as 8th Hardest Nintendo Switch game so that turns me away. I don't like anything difficult)

Trails of Cold Steel games (there's only a demo for the 3rd game. Apparently it's similar to Persona sort of. But I've also heard that this is hard as well)

Xenoblade Chronicle games (I keep hearing about these games every so often. No demo either. Not due to Smash Ultimate. But the 'time shenanigans' turns me away because this is what seems to have ruined the Kingdom Hearts series. But I don't know anything about them clearly.)

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I started playing Gameboy Colour Mario Tennis on the 3DS Virtual Console last night. I bought it years ago and had hardly played it before, but I finally got into it last night. Will probably play some more later tonight. I've also been playing Oblivion for the 500,000th time again.

Years
  • World of Final Fantasy is the main one I've been playing recently, though I've been peppering my time with other games such as Enter the Gungeon and more Baba is You (figured I would go back and work on the puzzles some more). It depends on what I'm in the mood for when I feel like playing.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Aside from the daily dose of New Horizons, I've also been going through A Plague Tale: Innocence. Dusted off the Xbox One and decided to pay $1 for the Gamepass. There's quite a bit of titles to choose from, so I've downloaded a few to try out.

My copy of Persona 5 Royal came yesterday, and I played a little bit of that as well.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Playing through Dragon Quest 8 rn! I'm having fun with it but I can't help but think DQ11 may have spoiled me with various QoL features.

pkmin3033

- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary. My game for the month, and it's...not as fun as I remember it being? Probably because my memories of this are of playing the campaign on Legendary with friends...playing on my own isn't quite as fun. It could also be that I'm not as good at FPS games as I used to be...or I was never good at FPS and my friends were carrying me the whole time. That's definitely another possibility. The music is pretty great though, and the option to swap between the old visuals and the new highlight just how spotty my memory is...I don't remember the graphics being THAT bad, haha. Warthogs still control like absolute trash though. "Did somebody order a Warthog?" ...no, no I did not. Keep that fucking thing in the hangar and let me go and find something that I can actually drive.

- Persona 5 Royal. I'm supposed to be playing AC Origins, but I've only uncoverered about half the map and I need a break...it's wearing a little thin. Not as fun as Odyssey. So I'm playing P5R. Thankfully I barely remember P5 - it was two years ago, and I play a lot of games - so it's vaguely familiar yet it seems to be more new than old because of the additions made. I'm fucking DREADING some of the later palaces - honestly, the only one I really enjoyed in P5 was Futaba's - but...eh, I'm probably going to use the free DLC to cheese through it. It's going to take long enough to play through as is, I'm not going to make life more difficult for myself. I'd drop the difficulty to Safety if I didn't want to be bored out of my skull.

- Oninaki. This is...ehhh. Tokyo RPG Factory seem to be stuck firmly in "mediocre" and whilst this leagues better than I Am Setsuna, that isn't saying much. Coming off of a Ys VIII replay it's painfully slow, the story has an interesting premise but doesn't seem to be going anywhere, and the whole package stinks of laziness because they couldn't be bothered to give it an English dub...or even a full Japanese dub. It's easy to play, but that's about all that can really be said for it. Not expecting this to leave a lasting impression on me.

I'm also casually playing ACNH...very casually. There's not a whole lot for me to do day-to-day, and I don't really want to timeskip because I don't want this game taking up all my free time, which is exactly what will happen if I start timeskipping. I'm getting really tired of fishing up those fucking eggs though, so timeskipping ahead to the 13th of April and keeping the game there until it's actually the 13th of April is becoming increasingly tempting.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Jumped back into Subnautica because I miss the beach and the ocean.

plus i seriously need more distractions and possibly a new hobby

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • oh god everything is happening all at once
    ff7r came out so obviously i'm into that
    still working on person 5 royal
    apex legends added duos and map rotation so that's awesome
    monster hunter world spring festival
    new warframe event
    and all the while still trying to keep up on the destiny seasonal grind

i'm going to die and video games are the cause

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Well, I'm put some hours into FFVII Remake and so far it's been pretty faithful to the original. Given that the whole game is gonna be set in Midgar, they have been doing a good job of fleshing out the side-characters (Jessie is best girl) and the world. I may have read a bit of spoilers so I do know that the story goes off the deep end eventually, but it's been fun so far. Midgar looks pretty damn beautiful.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Tales of the Heroes: Twin Brave - This is a musou spinoff that's... not very good. I'm playing it for the April challenge here, but it's really hard to make progress because...

Animal Crossing - ...still has a pretty big grip on my life. I've paid off all my loans and now my goals are just island beautification. I wanna finish up my garden area and breed rare flowers. But...

Final Fantasy XIV - I also started the free login campaign for FF14 and dragged some irl friends into the game and now we're gonna sub for a month so I fear I'm going to be very unproductive in my life for the next... however long I keep this going. :x

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I've finished MEGA TROLL ASS Kingdom Hearts 3 (including Re:Mind) so I've officially moved on to Yo Kai Watch 3. Because I NEED to after that BS I just went through. 😡

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • After I beat DQ8, I am now currently playing Dragon Quest 1 (Switch port). So far, I think it's the worst DQ and I do not agree with the updated overworld sprites. Still fine though.

pkmin3033

After I beat DQ8, I am now currently playing Dragon Quest 1 (Switch port). So far, I think it's the worst DQ and I do not agree with the updated overworld sprites. Still fine though.
    I played the first DQ on Switch earlier this year, and I am now playing DQVIII on 3DS! xD

Just got out of the Dark Ruins and I'm supposed to be going...somewhere else. I'm not sure - I took a short detour to blast through the Monster Arena as much as I could (although tbh I dislike Morrie immensely and will not be using him) before carrying on with the story. Currently level 33 and feeling underpowered but not in the mood to go and grind out Liquid Metal Slimes in Trodain again. Little buggers run away as often as not.

Also playing Halo Reach...just started. It's...OK, I guess? The gameplay is fun, but I'm getting a bit sick of the one-dimensional American military stereotype characters and the awful Warthog controls. Still got 4 and 5 to play after Reach, and probably Spartan Assault...but not Wars. Well, unless I can be bothered to download them onto my laptop. Definitely not playing an RTS on a console. That's like...docking my Switch.

I may have quit Persona 5 Royal because the music is awful (seriously, they took the lyrics out of Life Will Change for stealing treasures, and the new battle theme is dire) and it's even more of a slog than I remember it being in the vanilla version...maybe I'll go back to it, maybe I won't. Either way, I am not even slightly motivated right now, so I've dropped it.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'm currently playing Beyond the Beyond.

The story really isn't anything special: boy goes on a quest to save the world and beat the evil guy. During his travels he meets other people who join his quest. The usual.

The game was made by Camelot. It may actually ring a bell especially if you ever played a Golden Sun game. In fact: this game may well be a prototype of the Golden Sun series; it very much shows especially in regards to the use of environmental puzzles. However: don't be fooled, this game is not easy!

Even after grinding for a while things can get very intense. That is in part due to the low stats your characters have combined with the ever increasing numbers of enemies who throw multi targeting spells at you left and right. Bosses can be a pain to deal with especially; however, the game is at least very generous in regards to the amount of boss fights. Seriously: it takes about half the game before the first boss fight! xD
    But that may well be a good thing. For those who played Golden Sun: remember the Curse status? This status you only got when equipping cursed items that occasionally paralyzed a character or made them take recoil damage sometimes after an attack and that could only be gotten rid of by paying a healer so that he can take off all cursed items?
    Prepare to having to deal with that status a lot! It is really annoying. Well, at least it kinda made sense as an ingame world narrative tool. You'll understand what I mean if you ever decide to play Beyond the Beyond.

I have to say: I am intrigued by the game. Despite the annoyances it likes to through out due to being a game from back in the day I'm still not tired from playing it. Maybe its because I really like Golden Sun and this game as opposed to so many other jRPGs gets closest to that series in how it is structured? Or maybe I'm too stupid to play a better game? Who knows. If you're a Golden Sun fan or a masochist (or both) you might as well check it out!

aradii

Banned
    Years
  • Playing Call of Duty: WWII, Only playing campaign. Initial thoughts is that the game is gorgeous. Textures, faces and environment are polished to the pixel. Game play is really fun, though is a bit chaotic. Works if you just want to come in, finish an operation and get your fix. Guns feel good and head shots are satisfying.

Back