• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing? V4

Years
    • They/them
    • Seen Sep 9, 2022
    I've been playing a lot of Elden Ring recently, and I've been - to my great surprise - really enjoying it! After Bloodborne was a...less than positive experience for me, I'd been put off Souls titles, and I am more than tired of the open world craze that the video game industry has had going on for years now. Reading about how Elden Ring was a Souls game in a BOTW-style open world put me off it quite a bit initially, but I feel like that descriptor completely misses the mark: unlike BOTW, Elden Ring has meaningful rewards for exploration, and unlike Souls games, if you get stuck you can easily find something else to do. So it's actually been a lot of fun for me! Whenever I've hit a wall, I've gone off and done something else, then come back later to break down that wall. It really is excellently designed, and it's been fun.

I just finished of Ranni's quest line, and now I'm doing a bit of exploring for a break from the back-to-back boss battles I've been enduring recently. Mimic Tear is a delightfully busted spirit, it has more survivability than I do somehow. I'm not really sure where or what I want to do next, but that's actually part of the fun!

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Currently about 40% into Spider-Man's story - no clue about my playtime but I'm guessing it's somewhere around the 15 hour mark? And that includes swinging around New York for fun. A shorter game is a breath of fresh air after playing two long games back to back lol. Will definitely play the DLCs and Miles Morales after.

Years
    The Witcher 3, currently in the Hunting a Witch quest in Velen and am at the elven ruins trying to beat the golem

Also started playing Skyrim, only got the introduction done where you get away from the dragon. Have a long way to go but I'm excited to start exploring in the game, it's beautiful

Pokemon Legends Arceus, made it to the 4 star rank the other day

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Finally gotten back into Bravely Default 2. I was somewhere in the middle of chapter 4. I had been loading the game up before bed to abuse the 'boat' mode (aka get items while the switch is in sleep mode), so I gained a few levels and got stat boosting items out of that, haha. See how well it lasts me... and if I can re-figure out some good jobs/ability combinations after forgetting them, whoops.

Was playing PLA mostly, and some games in multiplayer with friends other side of the country every weekend or so. Might try some more of the MK8D DLC tracks with them tomorrow.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Rune Factory 5. Stuck an instruction manual in the box, surprisingly. Wrote it with a fair bit of charm and decent information. Would have loved a more complete monster encyclopedia.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Now that I got my phone I re-download Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage and started playing it again.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Spent the last few days finishing Spider-Man and its DLCs, after which I finished Miles Morales in just 2 days. The final boss in MM bugged out on me, leading to roughly 5 minutes of wailing on them wondering why they weren't fighting back. At least I obtained the 100 hit combo trophy before deciding to reset lol.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    Still playing Genshin and Duel Links but also been back on PoGO occasionally.

Also been on my 3DS again a bit for the first time in ages, I played some Pokemon Shuffle and was surprised checking the leaderboards of the mega charizard event that a lot of people still seem to playing on 3ds, way more than I was expecting.

Years
    Still on my first playthrough of The Witcher 3, it's gonna take me a long time to finish because I love exploring so much and taking my time

Also still playing Pokémon Legends Arceus , 4 star rank so far and at the Cobalt Coastlands

I also began playing Cozy Grove, it's a cute relaxing indie game

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Nearing the end of BD2! Into chapter 7, currently finishing up remaining sidequests I've found and also beating up the trials and trying to get those unique weapon drops. Also I won all the card games.

Couple friends of mine I game with every weekend or so online (they live other side of the country) started Borderlands 2 in the meantime. We went through the first one and then took a break, now returning to the series! ...The first non-tutorial boss had more health than I expected.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2022
    Playing Minecraft more than anything else these days. PvP matches are such an addiction man.. not here to brag but I have a 78% win record and a highest clicking speed of 14 clicks per second. 😜 Does anyone else play Minecraft here? ping me up!

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    I finished Octopath Traveler last night. Well... 'finished to my liking' really. The game gave me credits after completing one of the Chapter 4's. It was the first one I did. I still did the rest of the Chapter 4's. But because the game gave me credits... everything else is considered post-game as far as I'm concerned. I don't play post-game most of the time except in some certain specific circumstances. This isn't one of them. No I don't care if there's a 'true final boss' it's after the credits have rolled and in post-game as far as I'm concerned so I'm not doing it. Besides... I have no motivation to continue this game. It was extremely underwhelming and not as great as everyone made it out to be. In other words everyone made it out to overrated to what it actually ended up being for me. It makes me not want to play anymore HD-2D games but we'll see. Feel free to try to convince me otherwise though. At least when it comes to Live A Live. Either way my personal final score for Octopath Traveler is 7/10. A little too much grinding and not exciting at all.

Either way I started my next game in my backlog last night as well. Tales of Symphonia Chronicles for the PS3. It's fine. It's been so god damn long since I've played the Symphonia games it'll be interesting to see how they still hold up for me (they used to be my favorite Tales of games but I didn't start getting more until recently lol). Plus... can I beat them without cheating? I certainly hope so but time will tell obviously. It's just going to be weird yet somehow cool to play these games again.

Back