• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Books What are you currently reading/What's the last thing you read?

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
School work counts right? Currently wrapping up my readings on "Case Studies in Japanese Negotiating Behavior". Pretty interesting read especially compared to "Technology Matters", "The New Rules of Marketing & PR", and "The Prince".

If we're talking leisure though I think the closest is probably the Fate/Grand Order Manga I bought last week.

Years
How about books you plan to read in the future?

I might have a book report to do after my band trip (which will be after November 17th).

I'm very pretty sure i'll have to do a history report on a historical figure so i'll be buried in those books for the end of November (most likely a report on Abraham Lincoln but idk yet).

I might read a book called The Alchemist by...idk. Totally on my to-read list.

Years
Currently half way through Game Of Thrones A Clash Of Kings

And Pokemon Adventures Diamond and Pearl Manga

Last finished A Game Of Thrones and The Walking Dead comics

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
Years
I'm reading Memories of a War-time Interpreter by Elena Rževskaja, a first-hand account of a Red Army interpreter on the Eastern Front in WWII, who ended up searching for and identifying Hitler's body after the liberation of Berlin. I've read a little less than half of the book so far and it's definitely very interesting and easy to read, despite the things she tells of being obviously hard to process.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
Still going with The Silmarillion. I was a but busy, but now I can swim through with ease! Future book plans stay the same.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
Years
I'm reading The Day Lasts More Than a Hundred Years by Čingiz Ajtmatov. It's for a class I'm taking, but it's a wonderful novel I'm really enjoying a lot.

Years
Currently reading Becoming by the one and only Michelle Obama! I find it hard to tune into books sometimes and find myself reading the same page over and over again, but for the first time in a long time it hasn't happened to me while reading this book. I'm currently learning about and writing an essay on the civil rights movement, and a lot of her childhood relates to that, so that might be one reason why. Also, she's a huge inspiration so it's not hard to be interested in her life.

Years
  • Age 34
  • She/Her, It/Its
  • Seen today
I recently finished Crime and Punishment. To close out the year I moved on to casually reading Marcus Aurelius' Meditations. It's also in part to read up on Stoicism which I'm currently interested in.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
George Orwell's stuff is a pleasure to read.
I am currently reading Children Of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky, which is about human society expanding its habitat beyond Earth. It is Sci-Fi. Along with it, I'm reading. Non-Fiction in the form of The RIse And Fall Of Dinosaurs - The Untold Story by palaeontologist Steve Brusatte.

Uragirimono

this profile is embarassing dont look at me
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Oct 6, 2023
Currently rereading The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. I had to do a report on it for school and actually ended up enjoying it.

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
Years
I wish I was better at reading, but I'm super slow with it. So I hope audiobooks count here. I'm listening to Disneywar right now, which is about the reign of former Disney CEO Michael Eisner. It's like stupid Macbeth, or stupid King Leer. Lots of intrigue and betrayals and backstabs, except none of it is for a really good reason, a lot of the time it's impossible to really figure out WHY, and all the while it's over things like who gets credit for The Lion King and how do they turn Beauty and the Beast into a Broadway musical. They're scheming and cursing each other out and ruining close friendships over cute children's movies. It's WILD.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
I'm not too avid a reader, but I read a novel from time to time when I'm bored. The last book I read was a book that was given to me by the college I'm attending next year. It's called "The Quiet Ones" by Glenn Diaz (it's a novel that caters to Filipinos more than anyone, so it's not something that's easy to recommend). I found it hard to follow the plot, but I guess it did convey its message (wow oof call center agents have to deal with irate callers 24/7) well enough.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
I'm reading "Children Of Time" by Adrian Tchaikovsky. I like the story so far, but I don't know if I'm sensitive to it, I just feel like there's too much unnecessary cussing, which spoils the seriousness of situations (At least for me). Also "The Rise And Fall OF Dinosaurs" by Steve Brusatte, literally what the book title says, apart from some of the happenings in a paleontologist's career life.

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I was reading Worm, but I actually didn't finish it... I really need to! I only had a couple of chapters left, and the story? Whoa boy.

Back