• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Books What are you currently reading/What's the last thing you read?

Years
  • I was reading Worm, but I actually didn't finish it... I really need to! I only had a couple of chapters left, and the story? Whoa boy.

God damn it Rika, get to it!

I'm reading The Talisman by Stephen King right now myself, as well as a bunch of different webcomics.

Years
  • Currently attempting to re-read A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. Problem is, the books take so long to get through, even with how much free time I have in lockdown. It's definitely worth it though, they're amazing, and I'm just starting A Clash of Kings now!

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Currently attempting to re-read A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. Problem is, the books take so long to get through, even with how much free time I have in lockdown. It's definitely worth it though, they're amazing, and I'm just starting A Clash of Kings now!
    Oh, nice. Have you watched the show too? How would you compare the quality of which the story is told between the two media?

Years
  • Oh, nice. Have you watched the show too? How would you compare the quality of which the story is told between the two media?

Yeah I've seen the show loads of times! I absolutely love it and can't get enough of watching it, but it was definitely let down by the last season imo! In terms of the quality of story, there's a couple of major plot points which weren't adapted for the show, but I suppose they couldn't fit everything in, other than that it's pretty true to the source material. Although, Goerge R.R. Martin's storytelling is A+, would highly recommend!

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • Just recently finished reading A Darkling Plain, the final book in the Mortal Engines series! It was good, but I don't think I cared for the ending that much. Still enjoyed the series overall.

Planning to reread the first book in the Undertow series next (and finally also read the other two books as well!)
    God damn it Rika, get to it!

I'm reading The Talisman by Stephen King right now myself, as well as a bunch of different webcomics.
    Oooh, which webcomics are you reading GP?

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • It's been an unproductive summer for me; I'm still in Italo Calvino's The Castle of Crossed Destinies.

Years
  • I just finished A Clash of Kings from A Song of Ice and Fire saga by George R.R. Martin and started reading A Storm of Swords. I really enjoy reading both Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings and I probably enjoyed them more than the show's early seasons.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I'm currently listening to the audiobooks of The Lord of the Rings set by Steven Garnett!

Years
    • Age 22
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Was reading Catch 22 before I got busy with schoolwork, going to try read through the rest soon! Also been meaning to pick up where I left off with Stephen King's Bazaar of Bad Dreams. My family gave me the book for my 15th birthday, I've read most of it before but am starting fresh since its been a few years. Should be fun. The order I choose to read books in is entirely random but am working off a backlog slowly. :D

Years
  • I just finished A Clash of Kings from A Song of Ice and Fire saga by George R.R. Martin and started reading A Storm of Swords. I really enjoy reading both Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings and I probably enjoyed them more than the show's early seasons.

The first 3 books are SO good! Books 4 and 5 are alright, but whew the first 3 are sublime.

I just finished up listening to The Magicians series on audiobook by Lev Grossman. It was such a great series - so different from the show, but still SO good. I'm now currently listening to The Lake House by Kate Morton. It started off a little slow, but it's definitely a pretty good mystery.

Years
  • I just finished up listening to The Magicians series on audiobook by Lev Grossman. It was such a great series - so different from the show, but still SO good.

I've always wanted to start The Magicians books but have never got round to it! Do you think it's worth investing?
    (I need something to fill the void until Winds of Winter comes out lmao)

Years
  • Nah it's something I've never got round to watching or reading, it seems like it's really my sort of thing though, so am interested to see if they're any good :)

The show and the books are ultimately super different mediums. The first season and the first book are roughly...similar,,... but like the show is very much an ensemble show post season 1, and fleshes out the characters super well. I definitely recommend reading the books, and watching the show as well. If it were me, I'd probably watch the show first! (I know - that sounds wild - but some characters in the novel aren't as likeable as they are in the show)

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 1, 2020
    last thing i read was a web page about something called creepypasta. to be honest i did not get it :D

Years
  • I am currently reading The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub and a bunch of webcomics. The former is taking me much longer to get through than a book typically does because I'm much more focused on writing atm.

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 19, 2022
    Algorithms To Live By, by Brian Christian & Tom Griffiths. It's essentially about applying algorithms to help decision-making in our everyday lives. I'm only at the beginning but so far it's pretty original and thought-provoking.

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Started reading Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.

But I also started re-reading Homestuck so who knows when I'll finish that book...

Back