• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you going to do to while away the hours until the games are released?

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
  • When a new Pokémon game is announced, you've usually already finished the previous game and are kinda bored of it (there's been a track record of the games being too easy since Gen V) and then you find out there's nothing to do until the game's release, so what do you do? Get a new game, find something else to do?

For me? I'm going to get Dragon Quest IV, Dragon Quest V (I have already played these before as a ROM) and Dragon Quest VII (the remake that's coming to the 3DS in a few months time, I played the original PSX version) and if that isn't enough to cue my boredom, I might even check out the ROM Hack studio.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I'm going to continue to just hype myself up. I now have a copy of the Pokemon animated series from season 1 so I'm gonna watch that. I have my Y Nuzlocke and OR Wonderlocke to finish, and my goal to do all monotype challenge available.

There's still a lot of thing that can be done.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Play Pokemon Blue and Yellow. Play various XBOX One and PS4 games. Watch the Indians on a daily basis. Time flies.

Years
  • I might consider getting Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon and play that until Sun & Moon come out in Australia.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • 1) Save Money.

2) Prepare all necessary stuff and rations to camp out at the stores.

I'm pretty sure that the moment Sun and Moon come out in the stores, I'll have to fight my way to get my copy on release day. I remember getting ORAS a little later after launch and while that was alright, I want to have that spirit of finally getting something on release day.

pkmin3033

Spend more time than is healthy speculating on here with you lot, mostly.

Well, actually Sun and Moon aren't even my most anticipated games this year, and I have plenty to occupy myself between now and then, so I'll just plough through my backlog, the same as always. I do have loose plans to replay through one game of each gen between now and then though, as a 20th Anniversary celebration sort of thing, and to try and recover a little of what I lose when my X file corrupted last year. But...ehh, I don't really think of my time between now and then as time spent anticipating the games. They'll get here when they get here. I've got a lot to do in the meantime.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Retrieve the Pokemon I downloaded via mystery gifts - while soft resetting to get the correct natures, play games that are currently in my backlog because of college, and continue chatting with my Skype friends.

Katchelina

"...I hope a gentle light of hope will remain."
    Years
  • Take care of things in real life, play Blue, take some random requests on X and AS, and play PS3, 3DS, and PC rpgs.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • I'm going to play a game from every generation in chronological order, starting with Red or Blue and finishing with OR or AS. Plus I've recently downloaded Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages on Virtual Console so I'm looking forward to reliving that nostalgia too. And the rest of the time will be spent speculating myself into a frenzy on here. ^^

poop face

currently playing crystal ♡
    Years
  • Probably play Yellow, redo X, redo ORAS,

maybe replay Black since I don't really remember it, I also never bought B2, so I could do that, too

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I've recently gotten into competitive battling (took me 16 years but I'm here) so I'm breeding a lot of eggs and doing EV training until S&M comes out.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Do what I always do, get hype for the games' eventual release, start feeling the Poke-bug again and play through whatever games I can get my hands on...pretty much. I would have said 'complete the Pokedex' but I've already done that in AS so yeah.

I am having a little tournament with a few buddies of mine in April, so there's that too.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm different to most of you guys. I don't normally play the older games so I probably won't bother to play them any more now than I did before. I'm still going to play Pokemon Shuffle, as I always do, but for everything else I think I'm just gonna live life as it is and discuss the future of the games.

Whenever I replay through the older games I tend to lose interest easily after a certain point, so I'm personally hoping that Sun and Moon aim to fix that.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    If I get a chance, I might replay X for a third time (three is a good number) to really remember what could have been.

I'm not sure if I'll be getting Pokkén at launch or not but if I do I'll likely play that a lot. And of course, I'll be playing VGC on my main series games (mostly OR, it goes without saying).

But unless they reveal some other spin-offs, I probably won't be playing a lot of Pokémon in-between now and the release of Sun & Moon. I mean, there's only two games coming out between now and then: Detective Pikachu, which doesn't interest me (sorry!); and Pokkén Tournament.

But I do have an insanely huge backlog of other games, including Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold (Etrian Odyssey 5 hype aaaaaaaah), Legend of Legacy, and Bravely Second (when it's release in my region), among others.

If we get another situation like a few years ago, when X & Y released only a week or so after Etrian Odyssey Untold, and we happen to get Etrian Odyssey 5 around the same time as Sun & Moon... I'm gonna be in some big trouble.

Back