• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you listening to? v2 (COMMENTS NO MORE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Skillet - Imperfection

I feel that this band doesn't get the love they deserve because they are "Christian band" - I am not really religious so I don't seek for religious themes in their songs but I like to listen to them because their songs actually have meaning - but it kinda turns people away because when you go to any of their videos on YouTube you will sadly see people fight over which "God" they are speaking about etc. which is just insane - People start word wars over songs that should be listened for what they have to tell you not for religious freaks that think that every song should be about their religion and if it's not they feel the need to attack other fans over it :(

Years
    Placebo - Loud Like Love

Most would probably only remember them for that 90's classic of theirs called Every You, Every Me but nope I'm definitely aware that is so not the case. This is actually some good stuff from them.

Years
    David Guetta - Shot Me Down (feat. Skylar Grey)

For some reason it seems like the iconic song originally performed by Nancy Sinatra seems to be a victim to getting a lot of remakes or covers. Very weird indeed.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    "Sugarcube" ~ Yo La Tengo

I think I'm gonna be digging into them a bit in the coming days. Really loving what I've hard from them.

PunkPhantom

"midna's a cat" -vinny, vinesauce
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Cut The Curtains (Demo)- Billy Talent

I can't wait to get the 10th Anniversary addition of their first album so I can hear the other demos. The demos for their first album are something special because they were still trying to find their sound.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Memphis May Fire - Sleepless Nights

Inhale, exhale
    Why is it so hard to breathe?
    Inhale, exhale
    Why isn't this working?

If I live to see the other side of this
    I swear I'll never take for granted any happiness
    I never knew what I had until it was gone
    How long will this go on?

I had never listened to this band until EV posted a link to one of their songs in #tradecorner. I mostly like the unclean vocals, but it seems like a pretty good band so far.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2019
    "Sugarcube" ~ Yo La Tengo

I think I'm gonna be digging into them a bit in the coming days. Really loving what I've hard from them.

I really like Green Arrow by the same guys. It sounds very post-rock-esque, in other words, it's very ambient and chill.

Right now I am listening to Plush by Stone Temple Pilots. Reminds me of listening to radio X on San Andreas, even though I don't want to think about a game as crazy as GTA.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    The Way, by Fastball

Definitely one of those songs I grew up with, and have a different translation to. Even though it's literally about an elderly couple, I just think it's about traveling and never looking back. One of my favorite 90s songs.

Years
    London Grammar - Stay Awake

I admit this one's just as good as Strong. Hannah Reid's vocals suit this one better imo.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Lorde - White Teeth Teens

When I first heard this song on the album, it really stood out to me. I guess it's just the title of the song. I knew she sings a lot about the luxuries of teenagers pressured into having and pressured to strive for given she's a teenager herself. And she talks about materialism and being rich and stuff like that. So this song fits perfectly with that description. So her whatever reason, those things made me enjoy this song more the first time I listened to it and it makes me appeciate what Lorde does. Plus I love the drumming and just the lyrics in general

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    When You're Evil, by Voltaire

I accidentally found an amv with this song. It was for Disney villains, and for some reason... I instantly fell in love with it. It definitely speaks to the bad guy inside me. ;P I absolutely love listening (and singing) to it over and over. That song is how I became a big fan of Voltaire, too.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    I really like Green Arrow by the same guys. It sounds very post-rock-esque, in other words, it's very ambient and chill.

Right now I am listening to Plush by Stone Temple Pilots. Reminds me of listening to radio X on San Andreas, even though I don't want to think about a game as crazy as GTA.
    Yep I like Green Arrow as well (that whole album is prime, except for Spec Bebop which is interesting at first but doesn't really go anywhere). A decent amount of their stuff has a post-rock vibe to it. I love their strain of dream pop; very slow and hazy and melancholy. Prime summer evening stuff.

"Unspoken" ~ Four Tet

I really need to listen to more of this guy's stuff. I love this album.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I Stay Away - Alice In Chains

I am literally in love with the lead singer's voice.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    The 1975 - Girls

I'm starting to dig The 1975 more. I can get why so many people on Tumblr like them. (Like almost every time I go on tumblr, I see something related to The 1975 and Arctic Monkeys.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back