• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film What are your favourite films?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
RT_ESSENTIAL_ANIMATION_700x250.jpg

Films have come and go, in all sorts of genres and types - like comedies, or adventure... and with all the tens, or even hundreds of films we've watched, there might of been a film or two that were golden to us.

A general question about favourite films, as an attempt to get some movie names and such out there for recommendations! So tell me, what are your favourite, most memorable films that you love watching, and why have they become your favourite(s)? It can be from any genre, and any rating.

Years
It's hard to list each and every film I consider a favourite. A few that came to mind all in succession though were Jurassic Park, The Exorcist, Predestination, Jaws, The Nightmare on Elm Street, Inside Out, Avengers: Infinity War & Endgame, The Martian, John Wick and The Emperors New Groove, various Star Wars movies. That is a weirdly eclectic mix of movies reading it back lmao

That's excluding the weeby ones heh

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Hrmn...I'll list my top 10, otherwise I'll be here all day.

1. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back remains the definitive Star Wars film as far as I'm concerned. I'm one of those rare people who actually enjoyed the prequels - it's fun to hate on them now, but they were great when they came out and the sequels have since come out and they are MUCH worse - but I still find this to be the best one.
2. Howl's Moving Castle/The Cat Returns/Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Don't make me choose one. Don't you dare.
3. The Emperor's New Groove. The last Disney film I would describe as truly excellent, and easily the best for the humour. Pull the lever, Kronk!
4. Watership Down. Some of the themes in the original novel have NOT aged well at all, but the movie was aged pretty well - a daring tale about a group of rabbits that go off in search of freedom from the oppression of man and find the single most terrifying rabbit to have ever lived. I mean hell, I'd run if I saw this coming at me.
5. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. Easily the best Batman film ever made. It makes a change for a Batman film to explore Bruce's trauma and how it affects him in present day outside of being Batman, and not focus excessively on a villain they're only going to kill off at the end of the movie.
6. A Whisker Away. This gets a spot on my top ten solely because of the Mask Seller. If you've not watched the movie, go and watch it. You'll see why. It's going to be a long time before I find a character in a movie that makes me laugh so much.
7. The Lion King II. Unpopular opinion time: this movie has better songs. A better...everything, if I'm honest. It's the only good Disney sequel to come out of a time when Disney did REALLY bad sequels. I had to fit at least one movie on my list for its songs along, and it was between this and The Prince of Egypt. This won out.
8. Digimon: The Movie...or I suppose if you want to be very specific, the Our War Game part of it. This film is absolutely hilarious, and I still remember how ridiculously excited I was by Omnimon the first time I saw him.
9. Spiderman 2. Probably my favourite Marvel film, actually. Tobey is easily the best Spiderman - Garfield was atrocious, and Holland...eh, he sells the young Peter Parker well enough, but I suppose I prefer the weedy, wise-cracking adult Parker from the 90s comics - and Alfred Molina makes for a superb Doc Ock. It does a good job of building on the mediocre first film in meaningful ways, telling a story without getting TOO bogged down in the painful romance subplot, and...pizza time.
10. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie. I'm allowed one movie on here that shouldn't be but is because of nostalgia, leave me alone. Besides, Ivan Ooze was actually a pretty great villain.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'll probs come back later but my absolute favorite movie is probably still Interstellar. It's got its flaws but it has got amazing soundtrack and pacing and is visually absolutely out of this world (heh) stunning. I think I have seen it 8 times and I can watch it 8 times more or more.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
My two favorite films of all time are Matilda and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The last one being that I loved Gene Wilder.

Years
The first 3 Resident Evil movies. After that their quality started dropping imo.
The Green Mile is a masterpiece imo.

I feel like there are more, but I'm drawing a blank trying to remember lol

tigertron

Pokémon Master
Years
The first 3 Resident Evil movies. After that their quality started dropping imo.
The Green Mile is a masterpiece imo.

I feel like there are more, but I'm drawing a blank trying to remember lol
I really enjoyed the first four Resident Evil movies, but yeah - Retribution and the Final Chapter were pretty bad in my opinion.

Anyway, my favourite films...it'll be a huge list, so I'll just name 10.

1. Pirates of the Caribbean: COTBP
2. Star Wars Episode III
3. Mission: Impossible
4. Terminator 2
5. Star Trek 2009
6. Jurassic Park
7. War of the Worlds
8. The Bourne Identity
9. Speed
10. The Island

Years
Funny, we were just talking about this during my last shift. Best I can do is a top 10 and really in no particular order:

Inglourious Basterds
Chef
Baby Driver
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Whiplash
Gangs of New York
Kingsman
Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog
Goon
Gone Girl

User Anon 1848

taxi driver, a clockwork orange, eyes wide shut. might give a shoutout to watchmen too. it wasn't a perfect adaptation but they really nailed the tone of the comics and it had great casting/sound.

Retek

Banned
Years
Titanic
Captain America: Civil War
Avengers: Endgame
Logan
Gravity
Coco and Moana
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
Oh, and I also prefer Deadpool 2!

(I heard a lot of good things about Interstellar though and I really wanna watch it. 😁)

Last edited:

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
Years
I'm so sad no one has said Nightmare Before Christmas yet :(... so I'll say it!

I just love the story so much. I had a massive crush on Jack Skellington when I was growing up, and then on Sally, and now on both. It's just such a wholesome movie all wrapped up nicely in a cute little Halloween/Christmas package and I absolutely love Halloween AND Christmas AND TIM BURTON. It's amazing.

Inky

:pleading_face:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
Absolutely criminal that Nightcrawler hasn't been mentioned yet

Years
I'm gonna take this one post at a time, just like the album thread.

Obviously my first mention is gonna be a Disney movie. The one with the princess that has magical powers, absolutely incredible songs, and a truly awesome sidekick. If you said Frozen then bzzzt! I'm talking about my beloved Tangled!

Besides loving everything about the actual film itself, quite frankly I wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for Rapunzel. That might sound like an exaggeration, but if anyone who knows me offline is reading this, then they will be nodding knowingly right now!

If you've never watched this one... do it! The story is amazing, the characters are well rounded, and there's a few elements not found in most Disney films too. Oh and it also has Flynn Rider ;)

Years
For me I think it has to be A Scanner Darkly. The biggest factor really is the plot and how it's an absolute mind-melting story - I had to end up watching the film a few times to really understand what it was telling me, but not because I felt it wasn't explaining anything properly, but because with each watch I could focus on something else and another layer of the story was revealed.

Honourable mention to Alien up to 3, will always be timeless classics for sure.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
I never had a film hit me quite as hard as Everything, Everywhere, All At Once did. I honestly did not expect to be so immersed, and to think I went into theaters thinking it was going to be just another flick to pass the time with. Oh, oh no, was I wrong.

I suppose I'm biased in that I can sympathize with a lot of the themes the film seemed to tackle, as well as the comedy of course. That humor was gold.

Of course I have other favorite films, but the fact that this film sprang to mind upon reading the thread title and nothing else seemed to surface made me jot down only this one.

It's a nice watch. I'd recommend.

Back