• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What are your thoughts on Team Galatic?

Years
  • I think Team Galactic is crazy. Look at Cyrus: he wants to create a world of his own, the hell with the rest of his soldiers. Their goals are crazy, especially in Platinum. To me, they are only good for experience.

Only Team Rocket makes sense. Make money, and steal Pokemon. Very simple, okay? That's why I'm going to get SoulSilver, to remind of Team Rocket. Although I wished you could fight Giovanni without having a Celebi with you....

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Well they all plan to do the same thing right? :x Though I at least give credit for Team Galactic for being blunt; Cyrus showed a great evil leader. Even if Team Rocket can be more simpler and fun when being evil, Team Galactic shows a nature in what they like which is space. Dialga and Palkia are all about space so they had a reason to want those pokémon. While with Team Rocket, they'll grab hold of any pokémon just for the like of it. Either way, I like both alright.

As I pointed out before, Team Galactic is all about space but they sure showed cruelty. ;-; I have to agree on some of the things .Fenris said. Cyrus wants people to have fear when they see him. However, as a leader of a malicious team you'd do anything to get what you want. So Team Galactic had their way in which was a little different than the rest, and I am fond of their different. Although I can't wait to see what else Nintendo has in store for future evil gangs.

Dr Glocktor

The Ashbringer
    Years
  • They were in one of those "Right idea, wrong implementation" situations. Cyrus wanted to get rid of the human spirit so there would be no more sadness, but he went about it the wrong way.

Miniduffa

Pokeshipper and Proud
    Years
  • Personally, I liked them. Their sociapathic ideas were pretty awesome, and much more logical than either of Team Magma or Aqua's.

However, they don't top Team Rocket for me, as they will always be the definitive evil gang.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    And I presume the poaching and selling of animals isn't? After all, Pokemon are like the animals of their world (if you exclude the mentioning in the Pokedex of some real-life-animals; if you don't, then we can say they are they special snowflake mystical animals of their world). Poaching and selling Pokemon is their equivalent of our world's poaching and selling of animals, so it kind of does make it realistic in a sense.

Unless you mean it isn't realistic as in it doesn't fit within the context of the games, then I guess you can say the murdered Marowak isn't realistic and shouldn't belong in RBY/FRLG....
    What I mean is: Pokemon. Not Realistic. So of course their goals are going to be way out there, the whole concept of the games is way out there! On the point of the murdered Marowak, that was an interesting plot point, I kind of liked that being in the story, but considering the target audience, it isn't really something that should belong in RBY/FRLG.

Future Arceus

I hate my name
    Years
  • I think it would have been better if in the game they take over a pokemon center and then when you try to save the people and pokes and say lose, then they get away with it. They should be able to like steal your starter or do something that actually relates to you.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
  • Cyrus is a complete nutter! Seriously he needs to be sectioned lol
    Team Galactic were a bit of a pushover but I do admit I had trouble with that Purugly the first time I fought it and the first time I fought that Skuntank I had a bit of bother too, but other than that they weren't too hard. Just a bit insane lol

Years
  • I was speechless when I saw them ._.
    Personally I think Team Magma/ Aqua have better fashion sense.
    I dont get it , whats with the bowl-cut hairstyle XD !
    But the commanders were awesome though. ._. !
    The first commander gave me a little problem .

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • To me, Team Galatic had qualities of past teams in a way. Except took it a bit farther with the whole "Cyrus becoming a deity" thing. Plus, Cyrus had way more personality than Maxie/Archie, and a litttle more than Giovanni. Either way , they're #2 (because Team Rocket rules!)

Sir Skids Nickelton

Are You SERIOUS!?
    Years
  • Cyrus is a complete nutter! Seriously he needs to be sectioned lol
    Team Galactic were a bit of a pushover but I do admit I had trouble with that Purugly the first time I fought it and the first time I fought that Skuntank I had a bit of bother too, but other than that they weren't too hard. Just a bit insane lol

Yes.It Decimated All My Pokemon The Level 23 Stunktank And Was On Full Health When I Sent Out My Last Pokemon.A Level 5 Starly.All Stunktank Used Were SmokeScreen And Toxic.With Potions To Heal Poisoning Damage (I Never Used A Poison Heal) My Starly Level 5.....BEAT A LEVEL 23 STUNKTANK.

Anyways,Back On Topic,Galactic Is Cool.Without Cyrus's Plan To Get Dialga And Palkia,You Wouldn't Get Giratina Until AFTER The Elite Four

Last edited:

og_loc-TATOO

Espada Team
    Years
  • Neutral I find that the galaxy is rather poor team, more clothes are ill, well it stick well with Diamond and Pearl, but I found it with Platinum have nothing to be had

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
  • Galactic was definitely 'galactic,' but in a big ham sort of way than an actual threat. Sure they blew up lakes but ehhhhhh, it's all an act. Also Pluto/Charon was annoying and unnecessary.

Cyrus was pretty boss though.

Back