• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what can pokemon heal naturally

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • oran berries and heal pulse and whatever, they restore HP and stuff. but does that like, heal a broken tooth? an actual cut? a headache?

pkmin3033

Pokemon can heal anything as long as their head is intact.

I've actually wondered if lizard Pokemon could regenerate lost limbs from time to time...

Years
  • heal a broken tooth?

i actually never thought about this type of stuff/how far the healing extends... i figured pokémon healing moves would speed up the healing process a lot, but can't repair things that normally wouldn't heal themselves. a broken tooth wouldn't grow back normally, so i don't think this would be possible? maybe??

Years
  • In pretty much any setting with both healing magic as well as doctors I see it this way.

Healing moves can heal small wounds like cuts, scrapes and bruises, relieve pain and restore vitality. For anything more serious you need to see a doctor.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Considering that Pokémon live in a world where the direct competition - other Pokémon themselves - can spam earthquakes, coerce brambles and vines to bind and strangle an opponent, breathe a fire whose burns cause "never ending pain", freeze the local municipality to below cold storage temp, corrode metal with their spit, read your dirty thoughts and make you feel the absolutest shame about it, and blast part of an island and a nearby airship at ~3 km distance with a superenergized beam of air...

Then it actually makes sense that, resilient as they already are, Pokémon can opt in to increase their healing ratio or healing scope from a lot of kinds of wounds, which is what most healing moves do and what restoring HP more or less counts as. Increasing healing ability temporarily costs energy to use (PP) and requires a good setup if you are left vulnerable, but speaking in terms of (Darwinian) evolution, the pay-off is exquisite.

After all, if you can recover to working capacity from a strong attack or a potent ailment and you also learned that your enemy can use it, then you literally live to fight better another day and acquire knowledge that for eg.: humans and animals in the real world is very difficult to gauge (in our IRL wild, if you are a wild animal and you suffer any moderately crippling injury, you are as good as dead).

So, what kind of things can Pokémon heal naturally? Presumably, whatever can be grown or developed naturally with resources; things like hide, fur, spines, blood and muscle tissue in general. So more or less what Sheep says. A broken tooth could probably be healed somewhat by empowered healing, but it's not going to end up like it was originally - while bone tissue in general can be grown, bone is a "once and done" thing in the general lifespan of an individual.

Where it gets interesting is with the inorganics. What *can* a Klefki naturally heal?

Years
  • I always thought HP was just their energy. Tis why "fainted" Pokemon can still use HMs outside of battle. If there's any physical damage on the Pokemon whatsoever, they stay there. That's what I understood to be the Pokeworld logic.

Years
  • this is kinda disturbing to think about it, but i wonder if reuniclus can regenerate any of its limbs if it lost them? if we're talking about natural curing/regeneration, that was the first thing that came to mind, for me.

Nymphadora

Gift of the Nymphs
    Years
  • I would assume Staryu/Me is like a normal starfish where they grow limbs back. I never really sat & thought about it. You think of pokemon having recover, or using items on them, but never about if they can heal up in general

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I feel like berries only really heal injuries, and nothing more? But Corsola is stated to be able to regrow their branches, so there's that.

Back