• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What did you say?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Do you mishear or misread things often? If so, feel free to post some here.

As for misreading, I'm going to blame that on my bad eyes (and yet I'm not going to wear my glasses).

Last edited:

AZTRX

$$$ Trap God $$$
    Years
  • One time, I saw my dad say something to me but all I kept hearing the "wah wah wah's" off of Charlie Brown. Then I realized it was me. He proceeded to ask if I was buffalo. Well I think that's what he said..

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I mishear things all the time. I'm not sure whether it is because I might have bad hearing or I just don't pay attention to things. Either way it happens so often I don't bother keeping check of what I have misheard and such.

Inferna

hello stranger, i'm a disaster
    Years
  • All the time. Usually after saying 'what' the third time I give up and just nod in reply.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
    Years
  • I often annoy my partner by intentionally misshearing her i.e.:

Her: "Pass the remote please"

Me: "Yeah, I'd love a bacon sandwich thanks."

Or

Her: "Just getting in the shower, won't be long"

I hear: "Just getting in the shower, feel free to turn the cold water on to annoy me"

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • OMG I've been doing this so much lately! I've been hearing things as other things and they're always really suss and I wish I could remember even one example because they're always hilarious!

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Yeah, I mishear things a lot... probably because poor hearing can run in my family. The other day, my boss said does anyone have the report on Pitts, and I thought she said Tits and I was thinking "Dafuq?"

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Yep, this happens quite commonly. I always tend to mishear or misread, whether it's the way it's written, or sometimes, I can't understand because of the accent.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • All the time, to the point where it's embarrassing. I mentally keep tabs on how often I ask people to repeat themselves so I don't seem like I'm not paying attention or something, but it's difficult because sometimes I just don't understand what's being said. It happened with my mom pretty often because her illness made her speech slur.

Misreading is pretty similar but really easy to hide because I can just read the word/sentence again and understand without anybody knowing that I thought that K was an R the first time.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Holy crap, yes. Given that I'm partially deaf, I need people to speak up often. Doesn't help that my attention span is terrible. :c

Bounce

Blue eyes :3
    Years
  • I do it all the time, and when I have to ask "What?" more than two times, I just pretend I hear them and say "Yeah."

Years
  • I mishear everyone ever. Misreading hardly happens but when it does it's amusing.

My hearing is pretty bad. I can tell people are talking but many times I can't catch what they're saying. I blame listening to loud music. As you can tell I make excellent life choices. ;)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I used to be REALLY terrible at listening to people with accents of any kind.. especially over the phone. I've gotten a lot better, and I only mishear if people speak really lowly or softly/quietly at times. Hearing people over the phone for the most part is difficult for me @_@

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I mishear a lot because of my bad hearing. Then i say "What?" a couple of times then give up.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I do have some hearing troubles so I do mishear things, leading me to ask people to repeat something, it also happens with song lyrics a lot.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    ALL. THE. TIME. I think I may be going deaf like my mother. Some times I can hear what the other person is saying, but it just doesn't make sense to me, so I have to ask them to repeat themselves.

Back