• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile What do you think of the real-time battle system?

Years
I'll enjoy it! Keeps me more on edge and paying attention to what's going on on screen. I already play GO which has real-time battles also, so it's not foreign to me or anything aha.

Years
I love the idea. I already mentioned on another thread how it reminds me of battle system from Yo-kai Watch and it certainly looks better than GO's real-time battles.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I can't say I'm of fan of it being a real-time battle system. Never liked it when a battle system is real-time but you fight with stationary characters and select commands, like it's some hybrid between turn-based and real-time. If it's real-time, let me have more direct control over the character(s) so I can give myself time to think and dodge shit instead of eating shit all the time because my opponent operates on inhuman time frames on the order of milliseconds.

Years
Somewhat agree with Nah here; as someone who has played RPGs with an option to choose real-time battle systems, I oftentimes just go for regular turn-based instead because I like to have time to think about my next action before I make them without making my next move for the sake of time and then regretting it. I certainly think this could be interesting for people who are good at strategizing very quickly on the spot, but idk if I'm one of those. =P

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
Years
I'm... alright with it. My biggest problem with it is that it looks like our options every turn are pretty limited. I like having more moves to choose from and items to use. But, while I still love pokemon, I've got some friends who really really think they need to mix up the battle system. They think it's too old fashioned and stale. If they can find a way to do battles that keeps what I love about pokemon battles while mixing it up enough for them, I think that'll be a GREAT thing. I'm not sure it's possible, but it'd be great - and this is certainly the place to experiment.

Years
I also prefer turn-based, but I think I would be able to adapt to real-time battles. The choice makes sense for Co-Op at least. It does seem like only having two moves, a trainer item, and a sync move is limiting, but this game wasn't intended to be complicated to learn.

Years
Somewhat agree with Nah here; as someone who has played RPGs with an option to choose real-time battle systems, I oftentimes just go for regular turn-based instead because I like to have time to think about my next action before I make them without making my next move for the sake of time and then regretting it. I certainly think this could be interesting for people who are good at strategizing very quickly on the spot, but idk if I'm one of those. =P

just wanted to say: screw what i said before, i find real time battles honestly kind of fun and i think Masters did it right. it was enough to really force me to pay attention to what's going on and to quickly make a succession of moves because that alone can determine whether i win or lose a fight.

Back