• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think of the story?

Years
  • The game's been out for a little while now and some (including myself) have already beaten the main story. Those who got through it all already, what did you think of it?

Please note this thread will obviously contain spoilers! I recommend marking any major/big spoilers in spoiler tags.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I find myself distracted with exploring and filling the Pokedex, that I haven't really absorbed the story. I know there is something about the herb mystica and the final area of the game.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Oh boy. Golly gee do I have some strong opinions on the way they handled the story here.

Here are my thoughts on Koraidon/Miraidon, in terms of their story presence:
    Spoiler:

Here are my thoughts on the three stories:
    Spoiler:

Here's where the endgame stuff goes, plus some bonus thoughts:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I played violet so ill talk by the regard

The three roads
    Spoiler:

End game
    Spoiler:

Overall rather than being a coherent a to b story its about the individual moments. Those moments i think are interesting enough to care interest throughout

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I'm still too busy exploring with my friends and catching as many Pokémon as humanly possible. Catching as many Pokémon as possible has always been my favorite part of a Pokémon playthrough. When I was playing Pokémon Sword and spending time in the wild areas, I was in Heaven. I am definitely in Heaven in the Paldea region. Until I actually get tired of the Pokémon catching and freedom, I probably won't be concerning myself with the story anytime soon.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Simple, but good execution. Might be the best among mainline games.

Spoiler:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I made it to the postgame last night, would say that this is probably the best we've had since the whole of Gen 5

Spoiler:

think I'm forgetting something, but yeah

Days
  • really liked Nemona and her storyline. Having a rival who just wants a good challenge is great. I don't think Pokémon's done that before, which makes it a nice change of pace, especially compared to the other main rivals from the last two gens (Hau and Hop) who were both not very good at battling in-lore. I wanted to fight Nemona not because I hated her or we were vying for the same position, but because I liked her and wanted to give her a good fight.

Penny and Team Star was an interesting idea to me, but suffered in a execution. The majority of the interesting parts take place in the past, which makes it more of an exposition dump than anything.

Back