• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you want to see in a Hack?

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I want to see a Pokemon Emerald hack with Contests in the Battle Frontier

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • A hack with the main being evil would be so awesome! I would love to play one! Because really, we get tired of being the good guy all the time!

i would like a hack there you either play as Team rocket GBA, or fightin against em. Since all the new teams are bad. Even in the real versions.
    I hate the team in Diamond&Pearl for example they're ugly, xD

Well try to make something evil in it, that makes the game more fun.

*blatant self promotion* See link in signature. :P

On-topic: I'd like to see more games set in pre-existing regions. Not remakes, there are enough of those--and really, a few updated graphics and a few extra side-quests do not a new game make. But a completely new plot, set in a map we know. Say, a hack about Hoenn fifteen years in the future, where the hero from Lilycove catches his first Pokémon in the Safari Zon before going after the new Aqua and Magma, who have teamed up to form a radical eco-terrorist team against pollution that does more harm than good. Or a game that takes place between the east half of Kanto and the west half of Sinnoh, with a lot of islands in between or boats to take the player from region to region.

I find it hard to get attached to regions that I don't know a thing about, and while the novelty is nice for a while eventually I get bored if I don't really care about the world. Once the novelty wears off, I usually only stick with the region long enough to get attached to it if it's canon (and I just spent a few dozen bucks on the game :P).

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2009
    i would like to see mainly new pokemon along with real pokemon like
    i.e charmander could evolve 2 ways with a fire stone or by leveling up after the use of the fire stone leveling up would evolve him again

enViable

The Frozen Fire Alchemist
    Years
  • Fakemon that are the same quality as the originals. I wont post any links but I have seen some pokemon hacks in productions that have sprites and GFX that are on par with the originals.

also a nice 100% completely altered hack thats 100% finished with no glitches, bugs, no fakemon of poor quality and all pokemon available for capture

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    i d like to see a perfect hack of pokemon g/s/c. zel is doing a great work with shiny gold

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
  • Originality is all I like to see. If they can create an original plot, unique maps and scripts that aren't similar to those of Nintendo's Pokémon games then that's a great hack already in my opinion. I also like to see good, if not perfect grammar and some new tiles/palettes.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2011
    Well a good plot is always a must, a diffrent way of playing rather than the normal system of do a gym next city. Events are always good aswell. Realy if people just put effot in then its worth it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2022
    Here are a few things I like to see in hacks.

-Give the player character something to say instead of the usual "..." when talking to other characters.

-If possible I'd like to see text of random people based on how many times you've spoken to them instead of the same thing 500 times in a row.

-If the plot is serious, then keep the text of people you talk to matching the tone of the game.

-If the plot isn't serious, then have random silliness and a lot of awkward moments with what the people say.

-Take the time to make your own opening scene for your game. When I play a hack, I want to see the new name at the title screen, not the name of what it is based on.

-Makers of hacks putting themselves into the game.

-Sets of hacks that go together and cover new regions.

-Key items to replace the need for HMs.

-Good plots/storyline, even if it's full of randomness and silliness.

timekaiser

Friend Code: 1634 5420 3920
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Id like a game where instead of pushing you to become the pokemon master while you play different events show you different pokemon careers you come be and you could pick any or all of them to be like a Breeder, Contest, Etc anything you can come up with maybe like a Ranger or Just work for the Police or for an evil team or maybe a misunderstood team that thinks what they are doing is good for everyone that would be a nice twist

id also like a hack where you can actually choose things and have many things to say when answering someone or helping someone...for example: A team rocket is hurt people you can A) Help the People, B) Walk away, C) Help the Rocket ETC making it like a Farma thing and change how others feel about you...etc

Something were like when you have 2v2 battles you team up with people of the same type of karma as you etc. Have a Party of people system would be cool...like Will you let them join? and they ask you if they can go with you...

KEYWORD: CHOICES

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    i wanna play a hack that when your almost done it doesnt glitch up and kill the game xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2012
    I like hacks where it actually feels like you're playing a new game. Walking into a house in a completely redone town and seeing the same exact people as the original kind of ruins it for me.

I'm also pretty big on new, good looking sprites. I can't really get into the new protaganist's role when he looks the same as the last protaganist.

Other than that, as long as the story line makes sense and can keep my interest, I'm pretty happy.

nofamenogame

POKEMON WRATH OF GREATNESS
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2012
    i want to see when your about to fly to another city you can get hit by a bird/dragon pokemon
    and battle it

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Two regions!!!

I have palyed all the pokemon games since red and blue till today.The most amazing thing was at GLOD/SILVER/CRYSTAL that you could go to Kanto region after the pokemon league and fight for the 8 bagdes of Kanto.Could anyone make a hack with two regions like this game!!(except Shiny gold)

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • I have palyed all the pokemon games since red and blue till today.The most amazing thing was at GLOD/SILVER/CRYSTAL that you could go to Kanto region after the pokemon league and fight for the 8 bagdes of Kanto.Could anyone make a hack with two regions like this game!!(except Shiny gold)

Funny you should mention that: Pokémon ToxicPurple

A silly idea, but I'd like to see a hack that involves Missingno. One that actually makes it an official Pokémon, maybe gives it multiple forms to match the ones from R/B/Y, maybe gives it a backstory or some kind of myth about its origins (anything from "it's a wicked force of chaos opposed to Arceus" to "it's a computer virus accidentally engineered as a side-effect during the production of Porygon"), maybe even finds a way to tie Glitch City in. Heck, just make it a hack with Missingno as the mascot legendary. In the right hands, that has all sorts of potential to be an awesome plotline.

hinsburg

Confused
    Years
  • A good hack wouldn't be too hard but not too easy. It shouldn't be confusing, you don't want to get lost all the time, but at the same time not too linear.

Pretty much my advice is find a good balance between everything. Even a storyline can become overcomplicated, and besides we want to KO pokemon not talk about plot sometimes.

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I think a good hack would make an interesting storyline. More villains, romance, lesbian or gay stuff and pokemon being able to breed with another from any egg group and make a child with it's mixed genes. XD

Those stuff never bore me.

And making Celebi, Mew, ect more in-game. XD

Back