• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if they made a "new" Eevee?

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Would you guys all support if they made a new Pokémon that would sort of be the "new" Eevee? A Pokémon that evolves into Pokémon of a completely different type based on differing conditions. This is how I'd imagine it:

We've always talked about how, if Eevee gained a Dragon-type evolution, that it will have evolutions for all the types that used to be on the special side of the physical-special split. So, how about if there was a corresponding Pokémon for the types that were on the physical side of that same split: Ground, Fighting, Bug, Steel, Rock, Poison, Ghost, Flying, and Normal?

It could be the exact opposite of Eevee in design. Instead of being based on a fox or cat, it could be based on a reptile or not even on an animal at all.

Last edited:

Thief

The Dark One
    Years
    Eh, I wouldn't mind, but I'd rather Eevee just get all the evolutions. It'd feel weird if it only had a select few and there was no hope of it gaining any more.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'd like it because I feel like they can't take this Eevee gimmick further now :x It's been... done.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I wouldn't mind another Eevee-esque Pokemon, but I doubt it'd happen due to Eevee's popularity and the fact that the idea's already been used (ya know, by Eevee).

I still want a Dragon type Eeveelution, btw.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Since Eevee focuses on special side of typings, I agree that it would be pretty unique to see a counterpart based on physical side. It'd most likely still be an animal, though, I'd imagine; Eevee is a cat, no doubt, and perhaps this one could be some dog? They'd rival each other very well!

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Since Eevee focuses on special side of typings, I agree that it would be pretty unique to see a counterpart based on physical side. It'd most likely still be an animal, though, I'd imagine; Eevee is a cat, no doubt, and perhaps this one could be some dog? They'd rival each other very well!

Couldn't Eevee be considered a fox, too? Plus, it would be kind of hard to pass off a Bug-type dog. I think that's why they haven't made a Bug type Eeveelution yet.

Maybe it could be some kind of lizard?

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    I think a reptilian pokemon should be the new eevee. And a bug type would just be a scaly bug! :P

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    I could see it but i doubt gamefreak will jump on the idea anytime soon, mostly due to Eevee being one of the most popular pokemon out their.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I could see it but i doubt gamefreak will jump on the idea anytime soon, mostly due to Eevee being one of the most popular pokemon out their.

True. Although, they could see it as an opportunity to make a new Pokémon that would be just as popular as Eevee, especially if they play off the whole dichotomy aspect. Eevee would still get Dragon, which everyone will rave about. And I can see the whole thing exciting the fanbase, launching a whole debate of which one you like more.

Plus, it's not like they'll never make another Eeveelution after that. There's always the possibility of introducing new types. OR they could even go the route of giving Eevee ONE evolution from a physical type and then giving the new "Eevee" ONE evolution of a special type. Maybe they could even open it up to the fans to vote upon and decide which types are chosen. It would be a cool sort of "exception" to the rule. Last time I checked, Pokémon gets off on making "rules" and then finding specific instances to break them.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I'd rather they just gave Eevee all the types than making a counterpart, to be honest. Ideally, just leave Eevee as it is, we've got enough Dragons now anyway. Although I'd never noticed how it only evolved into Special types (from a physical type, no less). I think it would be pretty risky making a direct counterpart to Eevee, if they got it wrong the fanbase would be quite angry.

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    If you're on about, another Eevee, that can evolve in all sorts of manners, it would be mighty intresting, for example:

You could have one based on pyshical attacks
    And the other based upon special attacks.

To balance it out?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I wouldn't mind either way - make a counterpart that evolves into the other types or just give Eevee evolutions into the rest of the types. The only thing that really bugs me is the fact that right now it isn't 'complete.' That is, not all types are represented.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    What about Rotom?

Anyway, I like the Eevee gimmick. It wouldn't feel right for a new evolution Pokémon to be thrown at us, though it could happen.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    What about Rotom?

That's quite different. None of them are a different Pokémon. They're all just different forms of Rotom.

Plus, they haven't revealed any new forms of Rotom since Generation 4. Its something that was just abandoned.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    After a Dragon type Eevee, i would be happy to see a new Pokemon like the Eevee. I would like it to be some type of bird Pokemon with a lot of different forms and types.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    I would rather see Eevee get a evolution for every type...
    & I'd like to see a "Eonite" which would allow all of them to Mega Evolve!

& My idea for a Bug-type Eeveevolution:
    The design would be based off of a bumble bee, having red compounded eyes
    (Compound Eye could be it's ability)
    very furry yellow mane & tail with black stripes & the tip of the tail would
    conceal a large stinger. (which could be used for Megahorn, which would work
    very well with Compound Eye.)
    & antennae would extend from the ears.
    So this design would have similarities to Flareon.
    As for it's name...
    Beeon? Stingeon? Buzzeon? Bumbleon?

Racket

The TCG Professor
    Years
    > I'd like to see a "Eonite" which would allow all of them to Mega Evolve!

I'd like to see a mega stone that just lets Eevee evolve instead of it's Eeveelutions.

What would suck about Eevee getting another eeveelution is that they all wouldn't fit in the first page of my pokemon card binder. :(

Back