• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What inspired your username?

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
    We used to have a bunch of birds when I was in elementary school, and the first ones we got were these cockatiels. I named mine Sunny and my brother named his Cooker, and I just always thought that he had come up with such a random yet awesome name, and I just happened to think of it when making my account :P

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Anyone ever see "Teen Titans"? Remember Robin? Remember when he dressed up as Red-X? Yeah, the name originated from that idea, but I didn't want to use red. I guess blood came up since it's.. red. I wanted it to make it look better though, so eventually I added the 'e' and the end result was Bloodex. =D

HinaBaby

#1 Spongebob Fan!
    Years
    I really love babies, they're the cutest thing ever in the world! Which inspired me to make HinaBaby as my username.

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
    My username is my actual abbreviated name. My name is Jared Simpson and I used my middle names initial and shortened it into jcsimpson.

Wasen

The Wolf of Darkness
    Years
    Even since I joined my first community at the age of... 10 I think and I wanted then to have a cool name. It became the birth of Wasen, a name that I still are using. I even have a made-up character named Wasen.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    My username was one I made up somehow by combining it with the name of my favorite Beyblade bitbeast character called Galux. Then I wanted to add something in to it, just to make it sound unique then it hit me, I also liked the Galaxy too, so I put a "y" on the end of it and then I randomly added a "k" and got Galukxy.

this was Galux btw:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Well, Skymin is my favourite Pokémon so...

Originally, I've been through a lot of names (Maddy, Maddaye, Minku., Maddy Phantom and Dragon-Ryder). Most of them are based off my real name, Maddy, with some flair to it. Maddaye is what a friend calls me at school, Minku. is Maddy+Rinku, Maddy Phantom is Maddy+Danny Phantom and Dragon-Ryder was because I loved dragons and my friend had a username "Death Ryder".

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    I was thinking about how no one really knows the original Beyblade anymore, and how much better it is than that new one.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Atlus was a corruption of Atlas, the Greek titan. At the time, I felt like I had the whole world on my shoulders. ;D

Swing was a reference to Swing Life Away by Rise Against, one of my favorite songs of all time. I guess I related the word "swing" to joyousness, like that kind you felt back in school when you had the swings all to yourself. Plus, nothing says "elated" like jumping off a swing. :)

Vrai is probably the name that I'll keep forever. It holds a special meaning to me, especially after having it for so long. I originally picked it because I was in love with how pretty the French language was at the time and I felt like "truth" was the word that defined me. I don't always tell the truth, though... I think that now, the name Vrai means simply "not fake". If I'm anything, I'm not fake.

groteske

lurker
    Years
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 20, 2012
    groteske (groah-tes-kah): Norwegian for grotesque. Discovered black metal -> became interested in its roots & ideology -> learned about Scandinavian culture/etc -> picked up Norwegian, always loved foreign languages & linguistics.

I like morbid things.

'Grotesk' (Akzidenz-Grotesk) is also a hugely influential Danish typeface, the prereq to Helvetica. In the context of the font, it represents to me the balance of power in design between flash and solid composition & by extension, it applies to everything in life.

Years
    "Hikari" is Dawn's Japanese name, and she was one of my fave characters.

"10" is the numeral for October, my birth month.

I kept it nice and simple.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    An unholy combination of my previous username, AdvancedK9, and the AK-47. Tadah, AdvancedK47.

And AdvancedK9 was actually, in my younger mentality, based on the strength of the bite (Canine teeth) of alligators, which where my favorite animals. Crunch and bite where my favorite Pokemon attacks ^__^

So yes, I grew out of bites and into guns, of which Ironically I'm scared of in real life.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I get a lot of nicknames based off the 'mo' at the end of my name (Massimo). I got; mo, moo, momo and one of my friends called me 'moments' one time and I loved it! While I haven't been called it in ages, it is a lovely word, looks good and has some significance to myself.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    When I was really young and was just getting into the internet, before I ever discovered forums, I was on Yahoo's chatrooms. People would make Pokémon ones and everyone would RP in them. You'd make a new username for every character and my favourite character that I played was lightning_the_baby_pichu. By the time I reached forums, my go-to username was chibipichu (which someone else "prominent" in the fandom used, too). My account on another forum was compromised or something once and I had to rejoin. I chose the name Lightning after that old account I'd had and... almost ever since, I've been Lightning on the internet.

(After gen 4 came out, I shifted away from that ridiculously common username and now I go by Cherrim essentially everywhere but PC.)

Back