• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What is with the ridiculous requests on the gts?

Lance

I will make fair trades! :D But few days ago,I got lv.100 Blissey,captured with Master Ball and was found at lv. 100. XD What did I do? Stored it far away from Box 1.

Should I..release it?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    These kids on the GTS are really dumb. A decent offer is rare nowadays, and they're usually hacks. Just yesterday I got a Japanese female Misdreavus from 'Faraway Place' holding a Water Stone. Released the Misdreavus and kept the stone. Ugh. *facepalm*

Maybe it was hatched in one of the Platinum-exclusive areas, such as the Distortion World or Battle Frontier. In D/P, that would show up as 'Faraway Place'. Bet you're feeling silly now, huh (unless you have Platinum :P)?

Years
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    I had the same with Gallade

I just got a male ralts, leveled then finally got it, and bred it like crazy and now I have kirlias with dawn stones on there. I like to make life easier for some heh

I probably have a shiftry somewhere... I'll go look

Does someone with a lv 1 wynaut honestly think they're going to get a lv 100 lugia??? :o

You can clone via the gts?

Maybe that explains it.

I guess the pokesav guys would just hack up pokemon if they're desperate enough for a lv 1 wynaut haha

Yes, you can clone with the gts and that is probably why they are doing it. But seriously, who would take time to clone a wynaught.......

Years
  • I did the immortal Dialga for Spiritomb trade once, all of the information was correct except for the fact that it was caught in a Masterball. So either I got a hacked Spiritomb(no it's ability was not Wonderguard) or someone was actually stupid enough to waste their Masterball on it. I'm not sure which is worse.

As for why there are all of these unreasonable offers, well isn't it obvious?! It's because there are a bunch of 5 year old kids playing Pokemon who entertain the delusion that people will for some reason want to trade rare event legendaries for pokemon that can be caught five minutes into the game. I mean sure there could be some people who don't want their bad-natured legends and are kind enough to indulge some random kid, but tbh you a better chance at winning the lottery.

and now to end this with a sparrow-like *chirp*(been playing a bunch of Mother 3 recently)

Years
  • I cannot stand it. It is so impossible to find pokemon on that bloody thing. I see offers for a Rhyperior at level 50 or so, requesting one for level 100. And baby starters at level 1 for Darkrai and level 100 Dexosys, amoung others... I wish only competent individuals were allowed to use the trade system.

Okamii

♥The Legendary White Wolf♥
    Years
  • Yea, thats bothering me to! but i have gotten used to it now. people with level 5 magikarp want mews and lucario and even lugia! i mean seriously, that makes a pidgey for a requaza look reasonable!

Years
  • lol. i put up rare things and request lol stuff....like just now i put up a shiny ho-oh asking for a bidoof

*goes to catch a bidoof* haha jk
    earlier today i put up my lvl. 14 aipom for a dialga and it actually went through

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
  • Personally, I think theres 2 factors in this.

One: The craze that started once english copies of D/P were released. Japanese players had a trend of trying to get different languages of Pokemon and ofcourse, a select few Pokemon with different languages would register for a special Pokedex entry, which also leads to my second factor.

Two: Platinum now opens up an ability for any Pokemon in an alternative language rather than the native one will unlock a new Pokedex entry. Not a big deal, but I imagine some players love this feature and will try to fill up their Pokedex as much as possible for bragging rights.

Also, foreign players may also be willing to trade due to the Masuda breeding method which leads to increased shiny chances from eggs. Guess that makes 3 factors. But ofcourse, theres always the factor of kids playing looking for those Pokemon they missed out on and hoping for a lucky break. Hopefully HG/SS will give us advanced searches, such as searching for a Pokemon you want which could be traded for a Pokemon that you own in your boxes, with text results you can request more of, rather than the limited 7 or 8 we get with visual results.

Artonkn

Sup.
    Years
  • I feel stupid, this guy wanted a Mew for his griantina (before i caught mine) and i justt got 3 aura mews, and my bro gave me his...and yes i traded my brothers for the the giranina

Years
  • I think you'll find they're either over-hopeful or are cloning/evolving. Although I did once recieve a Lv100 Bastiodon for a Lv 15 Gible.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • I think its pretty intresting , I have gotten 2 manaphys and 3 shaymins for legends I cloned on emerald so they were no loss for me,

the pokes I got was probaly hacked though, but im pretty sure Manaphys are real cause theire info is exactly that of what a ranger manaphy sholud have

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I see this as so so because sometimes I'm the person that actually puts ridiculous request like that lol. But some people can afford to do it since they do have gamesharks or any other cheating device so yea. Some people do it so they can get a different region Pokemon and they can't find a better Pokemon to trade

:t354:TG

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • One time, I saw a shiny level 16 Porygon up for a Kyogre. I actually went all the way through my Sapphire to get one, but by the time I caught it, transferred it, caught it again, and looked at the Trade Station, it was gone. :(

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • To answer the guy who wants to get an event poke from GTS you cant trade them due to classical ribbon trust me ive tried to let some people get lucky and retrieve some darkrais and shaymins. Also this is very annoying. Gah........ Most GTS pokes are hax any ways so i usually trade here on the forums, you get what you want and its usually legit.

Back