• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What? No, I didn't do it." LIES!

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Yeah I had to do it a lot around 8 months ago because of a secret my friend had and some people could get really offended that they weren't let in on it and others would get super upset over it whilst others would spread rumors, a girl I know cancer came back or at least she had the symptons and I couldn't get into touchy subjects because I might accidentally spill.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • I have had a couple of times just to get myself out of the situation! It feels bad when i lie, but still its better than truth sometime!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Used to lie a lot when I was a kid, honestly; I would generally cause a lot of trouble and lying was my only way out. Nowadays, I try to stay away from it. Only time you'd see me doing it is when I actually have good reasons, such as protecting someone's feelings. d:

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • I am an absolute compulsive liar and I have the tendency to absolutely bend the truth so far it could snap,
    but I prefer telling the truth all the time because I don't really see the purpose of having to lie to people,
    especially on the internet.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
    Years
  • I used to lie all the time when I was little, why? Because I was getting in trouble a lot (I was just 'that kid' that was always doing the wrong thing), and I was attempting to get out of trouble by saying what people wanted to hear. Did it work? Sometimes, other times, not at all.

Also, I'd lie and take the blame for something so that another wouldn't take the blame. Because I was trying to be a good person, I guess.

I also occasionally lie nowadays, to keep a secret, or (in rare cases) to avoid hurting someone, or to seriously damage my own friendship with someone who I really care about.. although, I do prefer to give people the 'harsh' truth, rather than a lie.

Years
  • Eh. Most of the time when I lied in the past was to my family ;__; I feel so ashamed now that I look back on it...I remember this one time I faked a stomach ache to not go to school and then my mom suggested I go to the doctor. I was young and stupid, and scared at the time XD But yeah, I don't lie as much, if ever. It would only be in dire situations.

Yukari

I just about never lie. I have in the past but I don't now. The truth comes out in the end so lying is pointless.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I've lied a lot in my lifetime, but I don't view it as a good thing, and it's not something I'm proud of. No good ever comes from it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Yeah, I've lied before. Mostly so I don't get in trouble or to help a friend out of a sticky situation. No, it's not good to lie and I don't condone the use of it but I'll do it if I need to.

Togfan

Decently-behaving Anime Girl
    Years
  • I never intentionally lie, but I know that when I was younger (like in 1st grade) I couldn't differentiate between dreams and reality, and I stated things as fact without it really being true
    I honestly believed it though, so I'm unsure if it still counts as lying...

Even if I try I can't get myself to lie really, it just doesn't seem natural to do

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I have lied before. I won't deny it. It's usually when I feel like I'm going to get in trouble. I never do it to hurt someone or anything like that. After all, I'm only human, you know? I have other reasons for lying, but I can't think of them at the moment.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • Everybody lies. I tend to just lie to my parents occasionally, and then sometimes you have to expand the truth to make the girlfriend happy.

Years
  • I have yet to know a person that is completely 100% honest in my life, so of course it's not an uncommon practice to lie at all.

Back