• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What pokemon deserves a stat buff?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2021
    A simple question. Which pokemon do you feel deserves increased stats? I immediately think of two pokemon.

Onix: A giant rock-snake at 210 kg (463.0 lbs) with an attack stat at 45. This means that being tackled by a Pikachu or a Poliwag does more damage than being tackled by a giant rock-snake. How does that add up? And an HP stat of 35??? Maybe they didnt feel like making it to powerful since it´s the first gym leader´s ace pokemon in Kanto?

Ledian: So this is more of a wish rather than a pokemon that actually deserves a stat buff but I have always thought that Ledian looks sort of like a little superhero, but its stat total at 390 is almost disrespectful. Surely with four punching fists it deserves an attack stat higher than 35.

Anyways, that was the two pokemon that came to my mind. What are your suggestions?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    A lot. To start:
    - Luvdisc: Base 30 Attack and 45 Special Attack. Why is this less than Bulbasaur's 49 Attack and 65 Special Attack?

- Delibird: Better with base 55 attack and 65 Special Attack. Maxes out at base 75 Speed. Please explain why its best stat is worse than several Pokemons' worst stat. (Example: Hydreigon, with its worst stats in defenses at 90.)

- Spinda: Gave it base 60 stats across the board. Almost loses to Zweilous (Hydreigon's previous evolution), if not for base 58 Speed. Pays too high a cost for Contrary...or something.

- Kricketune: Enters less awful territory here. Fails to stand out from other bug types. Points to Scyther as being straight better and also having Technician.

- Dustox: Another bad bug. How is it supposed to do anything with base 50 Attack and Special Attack?

- Delcatty: Really likes its design. Learns several good offensive moves. Notes Baton Pass, Wish, Cosmic Power, and Calm Mind on it also. Fails to capitalize on them with base 65 physical stats and 55 special stats. Rewards Delcatty far too little with its Normalize ability too.

- Several non-Mega forms, such as Mawile, Sableye, and Beedrill. Should not have to rely on Mega evolutions to be viable.

- Wigglytuff: Pulls for this one personally. Comes close to being decent. Improved in X/Y. Gave it Competitive and +10 base Special Attack. Struggles to get going with its awful speed and defenses. Compromises its massive hitpoints.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    omg a fellow ledian lover yes. please give ledian a buff so my friends can stop making fun of me for using it at every opportunity..........amen......

actually may i direct your attention to pokemon polished crystal? it's a rom hack that did give ledian and a few others some very much needed stat buffs. i think ledian's attack is like base 95 in that hack? i didn't get a chance to use it yet, but just something for you to consider if you would like to use him as a superhero. <3

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I used ledian in an all bug run and it was painful dragging that thing along. I enjoy the design so I'm extra sad about it.

Off the top of my head I really wish Jumpluff would get a boost

Years
    • Seen today
    Slaking could get a 25+ stat boost in everything and it might just be considered "okay" with truant.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I'd increase Sunflora's Special defense by 25 points so its stats are an even 450. I think this would really benefit this Pokemon, at least a little.

Back