• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon Games have you Never Played?

Socratic

Howdy
Years
  • What Pokemon games have you never gotten to try out? Whether they're games you couldn't afford, don't have the console for, or just didn't like the look of, what Pokemon games have you never picked up and why?

I personally have never played any of the 3ds games, period. I just couldn't afford it when it was on my mind to buy. However, I promised myself that when Hoenn remakes were released, I'd get one.

I never did :(

Do you consider the 3ds Pokemon games to be worth getting a console over? :p
    And what games have you never tried?

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • awe :( even though ORAS and XY games aren't that great, you should at least play either or, to get a feel of the new 3DS games :)
    orrrrrr just get the upcoming SM games! They look better than XY & ORAS imo !

But as Pokémon games so, I think I'd played a good amount to get the feel for all of them.
    I haven't played the original Blue, Gold, Silver, Ruby, and Sapphire, but I've played Crystal and Emerald so yup.
    I haven't played XD or Colosseum as well, don't know if I can at this rate lol.

Socratic

Howdy
    Years
  • @Smocks: What colours said is true, but I think XD and Coliseum are very good. I would recommend getting them if you have a chance to cheaply.

@colours: I've thought that the Ranger games were pretty good, in all honesty. What negative things have you heard?

One DS game I haven't yet played is Pokemon Conquest. It look very good from what I've seen, almost like a cross between Pokemon and RISK? Is it a good game?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Never played any of the spinoff games except for the first Mystery Dungeon game. As far as main series, I actually only started playing Yellow recently, which would be my first real exposure to Gen I. I also missed BW2 and most of BW :( Still plan on playing those sometime, but I'd like to find actual cartridges because playing on a ROM just isn't the same.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Well, mainly just a few of the spin-off series/games. The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are probably my biggest offense since I hear they're pretty decent and tear-inducing as well. Never had much of an interest in the Ranger series (which appears to be dead), and despite having Pokemon Conquest sitting on my shelf, I've yet to actually get around to playing it. And never got around to trying out the second TCG either.

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    Everything past NDS, haven't had a chance to play it yet cause I can't afford it (which is actually driving me nuts).

But seriously, I still haven't even played Pokemon Go yet (no phone :( )

Years
  • Well apart from Mysery dungeon and Pokemon Ranger I haven't played any of the spinoff games. In terms of mainline games, I haven't played Red, Blue or Black 2 and White 2(which I'm most upset about). I was having a break from Pokemon when Black 2/White 2 were released and I've never got round to playing them sadly :(

Socratic

Howdy
    Years
  • It generally varies, depending on the Ranger games, but I've heard that they're kind of bland, at least compared to the plot-heavy Mystery Dungeon games. I've never really understood much of what Ranger was supposed to be about, though, so that's also why I couldn't really be excited for any of them.

Definitely they have less plot than PMD/PMD2 (which were the only ones I've played), but they still have more plot than one would expect from a spin-off. However, this is for games we've never played; I'll make a Ranger thread or this conversation :P

Another set of games I've not played is the Rumble series. What's it like?

Years
  • I'm going to exclude different main series versions, so even though I've never played Omega Ruby I won't count it since I did play Alpha Sapphire for example.

Never played Colosseum and XD, though I did watch Chugga's Let's Play of the former. Wish I had the chance to try it since I'm sure my kid self would have loved the Pokémon Stadium & RPG concept in 3D.

Also missed out on Pinball. That game never interested me much even with the Pokémon aspect. Same goes for Ranger, I didn't like the Ranger clothing designs and game concept which for some reason put me off entirely. Didn't hear much about them as spinoffs either so that didn't help. Battle Trozei was in the same boat... Tried to give it a chance though and bought the game for 3DS, but quickly lost interest since my reaction time just wasn't good enough for my perfectionist wanting to capture everything.

Log

It's your boy Guzma!
    Years
  • I've never played the games for the 3DS (makes me sad, haha) because I haven't had the opportunity to buy the console. I've played the main series on the NDS (and game boy) since then, and only a Mystery Dungeon or two. Also tried a Rangers one, but I don't recall which.

Tewi

Хорошо
    Years
  • I didn't play any game besides Yellow, Red, Gold, Crystal, Fire Red and Emerald. I don't have any console besides the Wii, and Pokepark didn't seem very interesting (Well, i never gave it a real try so...)

Sirfetch’d

I've never played any of the Mystery Dungeon games or Trozei. I thought about picking them up and giving them a go but none of them really interested me too much. I much prefer main series games with battles or side games such as Stadium, XD, etc.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I've never played Gold or Silver (one of the 2, don't remember which), Ruby, Emerald, Leafgreen, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, Soulsilver, Black, White, White 2, Alpha Sapphire, Collosium, all of the Mystery Dungeon games except Gates to Infinity, Pokken Tournament, Pokémon Ranger, Pokémon Snap, Rumble, Stadium, to be honest any non main series game besides Gates to Infinity.

I played very little Red, Blue, Gold or Silver. I don't remember how much, maybe a couple gyms before they all died.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I never touched the spin-offs other than Conquest, Ranger, and Mystery Dungeon. Oh, and Pokken and Battle Revolution. That's really it. I wasn't interested in the others and by the time I got into Pokemon, games such as XD were already kinda old and I didn't even have the system needed to play it anymore :|

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • The original Trozei, The other Pokemon Ranger games that isn't the first one (Shadows of Almia and Guardian Signs), Pokemon Channel (even though I'd hardly call it a game), Pokemon Pinball, Rumble Blast and Rumble U, Puzzle League, Pokemon Dash, and probably the most shocking, Pokemon Snap.

Socratic

Howdy
    Years
  • Is there any reason it doesn't appeal to you? I personally loved the first two, though I haven't look at the 3ds ones. I would suggest trying out one of the earlier ones at the very least, you might enjoy them far more than you think you will.
    Then again, it's still your choice :P I can only suggest.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I never get a chance to play First Gen because my country just had launched gold/silver on that time and blue or red even yellow never released in my country also any gamecube or wii titles because I'm not fond on consoles so much.

Years
  • i never played first gen or second. bought yellow on virtual console but only played for 30mins. haven't really played DPPt as my bro owns those. haven't touched HGSS at all. never played gen 5 either. i have a lot to catch up with xd

Back