• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] What pokemon would YOU have as your partner?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Let's say these games weren't about Pikachu or Eevee at all.

What Pokémon would you think you'd like to choose as your partner during this adventure? Why?

Sakura625

Shiny Hunter
Years
Clefairy would match well since it was the original mascot, but outside the Kanto Pokédex I would really want Furret.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 26, 2019
If we are talking within Kanto, I would pick Exeggutor (Kanto version).

Including other versions, I would use Wooper/Quagsire.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Alolan Vulpix. Would be a change from the Fire/Water/Grass start and would be perfect against Brock(x2) and be able to fight Misty after considerable training to learn Dazzling Gleam or import one with Freeze Dry ^_^. It's Kanto variant would be my pick if Alolan variant is off limits. Honorable mention to Sandshrew and it's Alolan variant(Alolan Sandshrew would be a strong pick too).

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Kanto-only: Eevee worked out pretty well for me, but I'd like to have a Ditto ride on my shoulder. c: All happy and blobby and cute. (Then you throw it into battle, and it turns into anything the Pokemon world has to offer and rains 5 Power Points of death upon its foes! >:D)

If we can choose from all Pokemon...Oh man, definitely Oshawott!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Pikachu if we're talking just Kanto Pokemon :3c

As for all Pokemon .... I wanna say Furret but I don't think I can have a Furret on my shoulders. So I'll probably go with Totodile or Fletchling!

Years
Poliwag for Kanto-only.

Phantump or Golett for all Pokémon. I feel like Ghost-types don't get enough credit in the anime.

Years
Kanto: Hmmm, despite Psyduck or Vulpix not being in my main cast of characters via my comic (which I hope to get back to...EVENTUALLY) I'd choose one of them idk, I can just see it!

Another gen: CYNDAQUIL! xD

PkMnTrainerWilliam

Aspiring Professor's Aide
Years
If Kanto only, I'd say probably either Vulpix. Kantonian or Alolan, Both are pretty fair game.

If I have access to any Pokemon, I'd say Fennekin, though I would definitely use Delphox if not limited to just the Basic evo stage.

pkmin3033

Let's Go, Klefki! Although I can enter everyone's house anyway because the concept of a locked door doesn't exist in the Pokemon world, so maybe it wouldn't be quite as practical as I would hope for.

If I'm stuck with Kanto Pokemon...idk. Onix I guess? As long as it was to scale and I could ride around on it, that'd be pretty cool. Or Magikarp...as long as it could evolve. Although having a Magikarp like that one in the anime that wrecked Pikachu that one time would be hilariously amazing and the most fun I'd have on a Pokemon game since Gen IV.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jan 2, 2020
Concerned about Kanto , I would like to pick a bulbasaur since it evolves into something which looks really intimidating. Runner up would be machop since i really like the bulk of its evolutions.
If the whole is concerned, I would like to pick rowlet.

Years
Choosing from all Pokémon, definitely Chatot! It might even translate some Pokémon speech for you.

If we're restricting ourselves to Kanto and keeping the partner unevolved and small enough to be carried around, I can imagine Bellsprout carried in a flower pot or Dratini worn wrapped around your neck (runs down around your arm and jumps from it when sent into battle).

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Charmander/Charizard: One of my favorite starters, and if it were charizard it would be a blast to fly around on. :P

SceptileActual

Sceptile, The Forest Pokémon.
Years
Kanto: Probably Scyther , every single play of gen 1/frlg I've done, there was always a Scyther on the team.

If not Scyther then Sceptile, I've never used any other gen 3 starter besides Treeko. I guess I just have a think for lizard like green bipedal creatures with swords for hands.

Back