• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What region has your favorite Pokémon?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    Gen 2 has three of my top four favourite Pokémon (✔️ Bellosson, ✔️ Xatu, ✔️ Politoed, not ❌ Farfetch'd), so I guess that?

However if you're asking what gen's Pokémon do I like best overall, it would probably be Gen 5. Oshawott and Ducklett are also on my favourites list, and even my personal favourites aside, it just has some really awesome mons like Crustle, Scrafty, and Lilligant.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've got a good chunk of favourites in every generation. However, most of my favourites come from either Kanto or Sinnoh.

From Kanto, notable favourites include Pikachu, Raichu, Gengar, Venusaur, Machamp, and Starmie. Notable favourites from Sinnoh include Garchomp, Tangrowth, Empoleon, Infernape, Magnezone, and Gliscor.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Sinnoh, the only region where I really like the three starters so far. Plus Staraptor, Luxray, Roserade, Mismagius, Froslass, Dusknoir, Honchkrow, Gastrodon, Drapion, Weavile, Toxicroak.

I have at least one or two favorites in every region, but in none of them as many as in Sinnoh.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
    My top 2 are from Unova and Galar (Scrafty and Dragapult), even though I'm not a fan of the majority of the latter's Pokédex. Besides the mentioned two regions, my other favourites tend to be from Kalos and Alola: Heliolisk, Salazzle, Noivern, Naganadel, etc.

I have a bias towards newer gen Pokémon it seems.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    I whole heartedly agree with everything you stated.. including your picks for faves.. besides Drapion. and i would add Mamoswine. Luxray is my all time fave, but I do like some from other gens.. Sinnoh had the most.

Sinnoh had the best mix between "cute and creative" and "bad ass and scary" in its designs for pokemon. The characters were also good. It also had my least favorite pokemon evolution with Yanmega though .. loved yanma.. so sad with its evo.

Years
    Kanto has my favorite, the boy himself, Gyarados. That being said, either Gen 3 or Gen 6 has my favorite all around PokeDex. Some of my favorites from 3 and 6 are: Blaziken, Milotic, Hawlucha, Kyogre, Talonflame, Manectric, Aegislash, and Trevenant.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Generation 3 and 6. Has my favorites Swampert, Blaziken and Greninja! Ruby and Sapphire was my 1st game and X and Y was my 2nd generation of anime.

Years
    i keep saying that Gen 4 is my fave region, but weirdly enough, half of my Top 6 of all time are Johto natives (Crobat, Heracross, Ampharos).

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    might be weird to say but, my favorite region was johto, loved the pokemon, the mechianics etc.
    I remember thinking the 3 "dogs" and ho-oh were the coolest thing ever. lol anyone remember the duplication glitch?

I remember I had like 6 Ho-Oh eventually. XD

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
    The Pokémon from those gens are already part of the reason why I consider Johto and Sinnoh my joint-favourite regions, but I might give Johto the upper hand here, Gen 2 has many of my favourite Pokémon and very few ones that I don't like, and overall my favourite starter trio design-wise (although not my favourite individual three starter( familie)s, even if the Chikorita family is one of those). Some of my favourites include the entire Chikorita and Cyndaquil families, Croconaw, Furret, the Ledyba family, Lanturn, Mareep, Ampharos, Azumarill, Hoppip, Jumpluff, Umbreon, Heracross, Teddiursa, Corsola, Mantine, Skarmory, the Houndour family, Smoochum, Tyranitar, and the Legendary Beasts are my favourite legendary trio - and I particularly like Suicune.
    I can mostly say the same thing about Gen 4 but it has too many legendaries and I have less Gen 4 favourites than Gen 2 ones.

As for the other generations, Gen 3 probably comes next, even if it may be because by introducing more new Pokémon there are also more that I find less interesting. Gen 6, 5, and 1 have a mix of iconic designs and others that I don't like much, Gen 7 isn't bad but I'm not really a fan of the Ultra Beasts and so far Gen 8 is the one I like the least, though it may be because they're still so new.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I think Unova, although I've never tallied my favorites from each generation. I just know that Unova had Samurott (my favorite starter evolution ever), Sawsbuck, Zebstrika, and Litwick among others. It was a very strong generation that many of my favorites came from.

I would be sad if we lost any generation, though... (maybe aside from Hoenn, I don't really have any favorites from there)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    like as a whole, the region that has most of my favorite pokemon is probably johto. i can't think of a johto pokemon i dislike. like gen 2 is just a solid batch of pokemon. lots of cool stuff, makes it difficult to decide on what to use when i play through the region. umbreon, furret, ledian, quilava, smeargle, forretress, togetic, bellossom, azumarill...lol just to name a few... :)

Years
    I don't really like Sinnoh as a whole, but it did give us a lot of great Pokemon. Johto is probably my favorite of the bunch though, with Pokemon like Azumarill, Espeon/Umbreon, Slowking, Heracross, Unown, Blissey, and Lugia being right near the top of my list of favorite Pokemon.

Back